The worst ever pdc finals....

Chat and Gossip About Professional and Ever More Farcical BDO Darts
User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 76402
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

The worst ever pdc finals....

Post by Randall » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:05 pm

Inspired by rogg....

After last night's "disappointment"
Which finals were worse?
Image

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 76402
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: The worst ever pdc finals....

Post by Randall » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:11 pm

Seem to recall a couple of the taylor/priestley finals were a tad lame
Image

User avatar
Clownin
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:45 am
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: The worst ever pdc finals....

Post by Clownin » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:13 pm

Randall wrote:Seem to recall a couple of the taylor/priestley finals were a tad lame
A World Champion played like you, and still won the match. Timely darts it's called. Take some notes.
Image

User avatar
The Ginge Reaper
Posts: 26389
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 3:09 pm
Contact:

Re: The worst ever pdc finals....

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:14 pm

Clownin wrote:
Randall wrote:Seem to recall a couple of the taylor/priestley finals were a tad lame
Hnnnnnnnnnngggggg!!!
Must....defend....MVG!!!!
HNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!.
OK.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

User avatar
sennafan24
Moderator
Posts: 9330
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: The worst ever pdc finals....

Post by sennafan24 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:15 pm

Last night's game was frustrating. MVG was there to be beaten, yet serial choker Wright lived up to his billing yet again. It was just tedious and predictable to watch.

In terms of pure boredom though, the 2009 Matchplay final has to rank up there. Taylor walloped Terry Jenkins. It wasn't much of a contest at all.
"Little scumbag" - Oche Balboa

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 21587
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: The worst ever pdc finals....

Post by Rogg » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:17 pm

Terry Jenkins going bright pink and playing like, well, Peter Wright, in the 2009 Matchplay final.

Taylor appeared to be taking it easy on him towards the end in order to guarantee a fifth session for the telly.

I believe he had darts to win 18-2.

...sennafan just picked it too, there. An absolute non-event of an evening.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 76402
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: The worst ever pdc finals....

Post by Randall » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:18 pm

Taylors 16-2 raping of waites was a procession.
Image

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 76402
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: The worst ever pdc finals....

Post by Randall » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:20 pm

Chisnalls 0-6 pants down spanking in Dublin.
Image

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 21587
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: The worst ever pdc finals....

Post by Rogg » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:29 pm

Randall wrote:Chisnalls 0-6 pants down spanking in Dublin.
Taylor won the first 15 legs I believe. "Nip and tick."
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
thegentle
Posts: 3464
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:52 am
Location: The city of the 120 finish
Contact:

Re: The worst ever pdc finals....

Post by thegentle » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:51 pm

The all-Stoke final of 2012 where Lewis had finished his semi at about 2am the night before and Hamilton just shat it. Oh Wadey, the one time you couldn't be relied upon to hoover up a tournament...
2018 GSOD Prediction Comp champion
2019 Lakeshite Prediction Comp champion, but as I earned a tour card through the Q-School Prediction Comp, I am unable to defend my title

User avatar
thegentle
Posts: 3464
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:52 am
Location: The city of the 120 finish
Contact:

Re: The worst ever pdc finals....

Post by thegentle » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:53 pm

sennafan24 wrote:Last night's game was frustrating. MVG was there to be beaten, yet serial choker Wright lived up to his billing yet again. It was just tedious and predictable to watch.

In terms of pure boredom though, the 2009 Matchplay final has to rank up there. Taylor walloped Terry Jenkins. It wasn't much of a contest at all.
Watched it today, was actually very enjoyable before MvG broke to go 3-2 up, but after that it was so very dull watching Wright submit to his daddy yet again
2018 GSOD Prediction Comp champion
2019 Lakeshite Prediction Comp champion, but as I earned a tour card through the Q-School Prediction Comp, I am unable to defend my title

User avatar
sennafan24
Moderator
Posts: 9330
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: The worst ever pdc finals....

Post by sennafan24 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:06 pm

thegentle wrote:The all-Stoke final of 2012 where Lewis had finished his semi at about 2am the night before and Hamilton just shat it. Oh Wadey, the one time you couldn't be relied upon to hoover up a tournament...
Aye.

That was an underwhelming end to the tournament.
"Little scumbag" - Oche Balboa

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 76402
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: The worst ever pdc finals....

Post by Randall » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:29 pm

Barney v mawson was pretty dull I recall
Image

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 21587
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: The worst ever pdc finals....

Post by Rogg » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:05 pm

Randall wrote:Barney v mawson was pretty dull I recall
That was a semi-final I think. Wade v Mawson was the final at the Open.

Struggling to think of a memorable UK Open final. Many pairings stick in the mind but not the actual games. Anderson-Cadby this year wasn't bad I guess.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 76402
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: The worst ever pdc finals....

Post by Randall » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:06 pm

Rogg wrote:
Randall wrote:Barney v mawson was pretty dull I recall
That was a semi-final I think. Wade v Mawson was the final at the Open.

Struggling to think of a memorable UK Open final. Many pairings stick in the mind but not the actual games. Anderson-Cadby this year wasn't bad I guess.
Are you sure?
Image

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 76402
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: The worst ever pdc finals....

Post by Randall » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:12 pm

Randall wrote:
Rogg wrote:
Randall wrote:Barney v mawson was pretty dull I recall
That was a semi-final I think. Wade v Mawson was the final at the Open.

Struggling to think of a memorable UK Open final. Many pairings stick in the mind but not the actual games. Anderson-Cadby this year wasn't bad I guess.
Are you sure?
Just checked
I'm getting confused
Was thinking of Barney v bates
Image

User avatar
Fiss Plaps
Posts: 4089
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:07 pm
Contact:

Re: The worst ever pdc finals....

Post by Fiss Plaps » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:22 pm

Last year's Matchplay final was pretty horrific.

Wright surrendered his walk-on privilege, dressed up as a pineapple and got bent over.
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner! About as valuable as the Lakeshite piss pot!

dartvader
Posts: 1500
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:48 am
Contact:

Re: The worst ever pdc finals....

Post by dartvader » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:31 pm

Vegas 09 was memorable but not for the darts. Barney gave up after about 7 legs then started to play well when already too far behind. Then there was THAT speech. Truly horrendous.

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 21587
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: The worst ever pdc finals....

Post by Rogg » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:54 pm

dartvader wrote:Vegas 09 was memorable but not for the darts. Barney gave up after about 7 legs then started to play well when already too far behind. Then there was THAT speech. Truly horrendous.
Memories of that disaster make last night's obscenities seem positively encouraging.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

dartvader
Posts: 1500
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:48 am
Contact:

Re: The worst ever pdc finals....

Post by dartvader » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:02 pm

Rogg wrote:
dartvader wrote:Vegas 09 was memorable but not for the darts. Barney gave up after about 7 legs then started to play well when already too far behind. Then there was THAT speech. Truly horrendous.
Memories of that disaster make last night's obscenities seem positively encouraging.
Taylor loved the spotlight and other players fawning over him but even he was embarrassed by it. Last night was a horrible last 3 sets no doubt but not quite as bad as that.

Post Reply
Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], ellis john, Google [Bot], Greipel, Malanax, Safc, tungsten tossers and 48 guests