PDC Grand Sham of Darts 2018, Nov 10-18

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Randall
Site Admin

Re: PDC Grand Sham of Darts 2018, Nov 10-18

Post by Randall » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:18 pm

Remind me how much of the prize fund the bdo used to be responsible for?

StevieBoy

Post by StevieBoy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:29 pm

Randall wrote:Remind me how much of the prize fund the bdo used to be responsible for?
To be honest Randall, the guy is off his head if believes that crap.

The guy is taking cheap shots at anybody who will listen especially the BDO!

StevieBoy

Post by StevieBoy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:31 pm

Randall wrote:Remind me how much of the prize fund the bdo used to be responsible for?
To be honest Randall, the guy is off his head if believes that crap.

The guy is taking cheap shots at anybody who will listen especially the BDO!

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:35 pm

He has dementia and that isn't a joke.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:37 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:He has dementia and that isn't a joke.
Maybe he ought to remove himself from social media if that's the case.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:37 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:He has dementia and that isn't a joke.
No, far from a joke. Dementia is a savage and evil condition to fall victim to, ask Oche
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:55 am

Randall wrote:She would play better than harms
She would give Dufus a match too I reckon...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:14 pm

Last line of the opening post confirmed the situation all along. Ratajski is in, de Zwaan is out and list needs updated.

Still the Euro and World Series Finals could see new players qualify...
not a girl

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:25 pm

Rogg wrote:Last line of the opening post confirmed the situation all along. Ratajski is in, de Zwaan is out and list needs updated.

It would just be Ratty's luck that two players qualify from the EC and WS and knock him back out of contention. Then we would know it just wasn't meant to be.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:19 pm

tungsten tossers wrote:
Rogg wrote:Last line of the opening post confirmed the situation all along. Ratajski is in, de Zwaan is out and list needs updated.

It would just be Ratty's luck that two players qualify from the EC and WS and knock him back out of contention. Then we would know it just wasn't meant to be.
One new player qualifying would be nice, as it would knock out King. There are many decent players who aren't in at the moment and would be missed.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:38 am

tungsten tossers wrote:

I would happily sit through two Wright chokefests if it means Ratty (and probably de Zwaan too) makes it. If not, I would like to see Lewis win something, anyone who watched his final at the weekend could tell just how much it meant to him. Gurney too, out of all the players not qualified yet, he's probably in the best form

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:24 am

thegentle wrote:
tungsten tossers wrote:

I would happily sit through two Wright chokefests if it means Ratty (and probably de Zwaan too) makes it. If not, I would like to see Lewis win something, anyone who watched his final at the weekend could tell just how much it meant to him. Gurney too, out of all the players not qualified yet, he's probably in the best form

I agree, surely Ratty has earned his place now, and I look forward to seeing him on TV in a big event..
Hopefully JdZ too, as tbh, Cadby could be a waste of space if he is fit due to not playing competitive darts for what seems like an eternity

To think that Gurney, Shitlock, Chizzy, fatpot, wade, Webster and Cullen are not there is unusual.
But, they haven't won anything and the likes of king and Clayton have.
We mention many times about the likes of chizzy, gurney, fatpot and wade not cashing in when the likes of MvG and Gando have skipped events. Just one PC win would have put these guys in ahead of king but they fucked their chances away and will now need the Qualifiers to get in. At least the qualifiers will see some big names this time around

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:06 am

tungsten tossers wrote:
thegentle wrote:
tungsten tossers wrote:

I agree, surely Ratty has earned his place now, and I look forward to seeing him on TV in a big event..
Hopefully JdZ too, as tbh, Cadby could be a waste of space if he is fit due to not playing competitive darts for what seems like an eternity

To think that Gurney, Shitlock, Chizzy, fatpot, wade, Webster and Cullen are not there is unusual.
But, they haven't won anything and the likes of king and Clayton have.
We mention many times about the likes of chizzy, gurney, fatpot and wade not cashing in when the likes of MvG and Gando have skipped events. Just one PC win would have put these guys in ahead of king but they fucked their chances away and will now need the Qualifiers to get in. At least the qualifiers will see some big names this time around
Yeah it is a bit strange, I would like to see all of those guys there. At the same time they won fuck all this year so well deserved. You have 22 PC events plus 13 Euro Tours to win something, or like 10 TV events to get to a final. It's mind boggling that someone like Gurney who is world no.5 failed to take every one of those chances.

Then again I'm more miffed about the guys winning an event and being left out. De Zwaan, Noppert, Aspinall and Mansell have my deepest condolences, and I really hope some of them can make it through the floor qualifier. Jeffrey and Noppert of course are always great to watch and should be there on form.

While Aspinall or Mansell didn't really have a stellar season apart from their PC win, that's even more reason for me to feel sorry for these guys. This is the one TV event they could qualify for, and they really deserve their place there. (apart from Ally Pally of course but every fucker qualifies for that these days) Winning an event is always a brilliant achievement, no matter who you played and what was your average.

In summary, fuck this system.

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:20 am

The Thorn wrote:Then again I'm more miffed about the guys winning an event and being left out. De Zwaan, Noppert, Aspinall and Mansell have my deepest condolences, and I really hope some of them can make it through the floor qualifier. Jeffrey and Noppert of course are always great to watch and should be there on form.
And to add insult to injury, all those guys won't even be seeded for the floor qualifier if they do it straight off the OOM as usual. Not that seeding is much of a guarantee of anything on the PDC floor these days, but you'd think that's the absolute minimum courtesy they should be getting if they're already getting left out of the GSOD field.

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:27 am

tungsten tossers wrote:
thegentle wrote:
tungsten tossers wrote:
Rogg wrote: To think that Gurney, Shitlock, Chizzy, fatpot, wade, Webster and Cullen are not there is unusual.
At least Durrant will use his original music at the walkons then.

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:47 pm

Zeyes wrote:
The Thorn wrote:Then again I'm more miffed about the guys winning an event and being left out. De Zwaan, Noppert, Aspinall and Mansell have my deepest condolences, and I really hope some of them can make it through the floor qualifier. Jeffrey and Noppert of course are always great to watch and should be there on form.
And to add insult to injury, all those guys won't even be seeded for the floor qualifier if they do it straight off the OOM as usual. Not that seeding is much of a guarantee of anything on the PDC floor these days, but you'd think that's the absolute minimum courtesy they should be getting if they're already getting left out of the GSOD field.
An improvement for next year would be to have the winners of the PC and ET events higher than the runner up positions in the majors but I cannot see that happening, or to just reduce the qualifiers to however many spaces are left.. which would be four this year. This also makes the players earning their places through the qualifiers having to win more than 3 games to get through

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:52 pm

tungsten tossers wrote:
Zeyes wrote:
An improvement for next year would be to have the winners of the PC and ET events higher than the runner up positions in the majors but I cannot see that happening, or to just reduce the qualifiers to however many spaces are left.. which would be four this year. This also makes the players earning their places through the qualifiers having to win more than 3 games to get through
Reduce the qualifiers, definitely. I wouldn't take places away from the TV runner-ups really, tbh it's a bigger achievement than winning a floor event.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:59 pm

Champions De Zwaan, Noppert, Mansell and Aspinall all in the bin. Breaks my heart.

Wouldn't it be neat if were just an automatic thingy, where if you win on tour you're in the Slam. Up to 24 spots, that is. Seeing as we simply MUST involve BigRobbo.

Erik Middelkoop @eamiddelkoop
Grand Slam of Darts 2019 field: only 4 spots (and of course 8 qualifiers) remain to be open. Ratajski has knocked out De Zwaan by winning 2 Players Championship events. Only European Championship (this weekend) and World Series Finals (next weekend) left.

not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:55 pm

Zeyes wrote:
The absolute minimum, yes. Ffs.

Doubling the Pro Tour spots for the Worlds should be considered such a boost for rank and file card holders that far fewer crumbs need to be thrown to the floor for the Slam from next year. That's how to frame it for the underclass. A crisp Fuck Off could also work. De Zwaan and Noppert, please. Currently this tournament hobbles along like it's frozen in time.
not a girl

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:09 pm

Rogg wrote:
Zeyes wrote:
The absolute minimum, yes. Ffs.

Doubling the Pro Tour spots for the Worlds should be considered such a boost for rank and file card holders that far fewer crumbs need to be thrown to the floor for the Slam from next year. That's how to frame it for the underclass. A crisp Fuck Off could also work. De Zwaan and Noppert, please. Currently this tournament hobbles along like it's frozen in time.
I think four spots would be adequate. If this had been in place this year all four of the PC winners that have been fucked over would be in.