PDC Grand Sham of Darts 2018, Nov 10-18

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
cannibal

Re: PDC Grand Sham of Darts 2018, Nov 10-18

Post by cannibal » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:48 pm

onTheWire wrote:I think what really pissed Gando off was the fakeout. Price was on his way to get his darts and then suddenly turned and went into full scream one more then one occasion.
Early on the game Price was standing back of the exclusion where he should be and Gary had to move around him, but that is where Price should be standing. The other thing was the constant going to the table for a drink in the middle of a leg and especially after he broke to come back for his own throw. That was really putting Gando's panties in a bunch.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:59 pm

cannibal wrote:
onTheWire wrote:I think what really pissed Gando off was the fakeout. Price was on his way to get his darts and then suddenly turned and went into full scream one more then one occasion.
Early on the game Price was standing back of the exclusion where he should be and Gary had to move around him, but that is where Price should be standing. The other thing was the constant going to the table for a drink in the middle of a leg and especially after he broke to come back for his own throw. That was really putting Gando's panties in a bunch.
I understand that vermin would probably make the pope swear as he is an annoying prick, but Gando should be way beyond any of that. He is a better player than vermin and vastly more experienced. He used to get like this with Mensur and has had to play the likes of Dolan and pipe.. as for the roar, again he would have had it many times before and dealt with it. It seems like he was looking for a reason to wind himself up..
Very strange reaction considering it was a final

PT13

Post by PT13 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:10 pm

I've rewatched the match. Price hit scores and sometimes celebrated with a fist and a roar, which Anderson didn't like and occasionally seethed about. Price sometimes had a drink during a leg, or waited until Anderson was well back after throwing before approaching the oche himself, but none of this is against the rules. Anderson was clearly in the exclusion zone lots of times before Price had even stepped passed the oche let alone before taking his darts out of the board, which is against the rules. And in the 28th leg, as well as being in the exclusion zone yet again, Anderson gave Price a bit of a physical shove, which is obviously against the rules.
Last edited by PT13 on Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:23 pm

Zeyes wrote:
Rogg wrote:Beating Whitlock, Suljovic and Anderson in the fashion he did will take some topping, whatever he goes on to do from here.

Thoroughly enjoyed all three games and admired him throughout. Way too used to players folding and hiding when the strain is great.
Wonder if any player has ever trailed by such large margins mid-game across a full tournament, and gone on to win the whole thing.
Christopher Kempf @ochepedia

Trailed 15-13, won 16-15 vs world #7
Trailed 10-5, won 16-12 vs world #6
Trailed 13-11, won 16-13 vs world #4

Gerwyn Price is apparently a master of long-format darts.
not a girl

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:27 pm

Very impressive. Darts ain't a sport I know but you have to wonder whether Price's fitness has a part to play in that. He can even afford to shout and bounce round the stage for 31 legs without breaking a sweat.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:52 pm

The Thorn wrote:Very impressive. Darts ain't a sport I know but you have to wonder whether Price's fitness has a part to play in that. He can even afford to shout and bounce round the stage for 31 legs without breaking a sweat.
His fitness surely helps, particularly on grand slam Sunday. But other aspects of his game seem ridiculously developed considering he's only been playing for a while.

He could just be naturally gifted, but I reckons his rugby background is serving him well. For a lot of youngsters coming through nowadays, darts is probably all they've ever known. Some kind of apprenticeship system could be something that develops in the future, I don't know. You don't need to be playing darts every day in order to develop all the skills you need to play darts well.
not a girl

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:04 am

Rogg wrote:
The Thorn wrote:Very impressive. Darts ain't a sport I know but you have to wonder whether Price's fitness has a part to play in that. He can even afford to shout and bounce round the stage for 31 legs without breaking a sweat.
His fitness surely helps, particularly on grand slam Sunday. But other aspects of his game seem ridiculously developed considering he's only been playing for a while.

He could just be naturally gifted, but I reckons his rugby background is serving him well. For a lot of youngsters coming through nowadays, darts is probably all they've ever known. Some kind of apprenticeship system could be something that develops in the future, I don't know. You don't need to be playing darts every day in order to develop all the skills you need to play darts well.
I think the long format games and double sessions require mental strength too which price will have gained from his rugby days too. He has said before, as has Kim, that the roaring is part of who they are and if they try and change just to appease other players, then they wouldn't play as well.
Hamilton used to be quite loud on stage and I don't recall anyone having an issue with him, I may be wrong though, but with Price it is probably more about him, that people have the issue with..
I can't see anything wrong with the roaring, as long as it is not right up close to the other player.
I hate to have to agree with Mardle, but he has it spot on... he said..." if it helps the individual without breaking the rules, then it is absolutely fine and if your opponent has an issue with it then that is his problem"

PT13

Post by PT13 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:15 am

Rod Studd said in commentary during the 28th leg incident that "You can't just make physical contact with Anderson like that. You just can't", even though the replay showed Price slightly backing away from Anderson to avoid more physical contact and Anderson giving Price a shove. Wayne Mardle then pointed out, correctly, that Anderson was in the exclusion zone and shouldn't have been there. Barry Hearn said on Monday that the rule is that you can't enter the exclusion zone until the other player has taken their darts out of the board. Anderson was in the exclusion zone before Price had even stepped beyond the oche, let alone before Price had taken his darts out of the board.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:30 am

Both have been referred to the dra with mention of new rules being brought in to combat "over celebration"
Sledgehammer and nut spring to mind.

Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:21 am

PT13 wrote:Rod Studd said in commentary during the 28th leg incident that "You can't just make physical contact with Anderson like that. You just can't", even though the replay showed Price slightly backing away from Anderson to avoid more physical contact and Anderson giving Price a shove. Wayne Mardle then pointed out, correctly, that Anderson was in the exclusion zone and shouldn't have been there. Barry Hearn said on Monday that the rule is that you can't enter the exclusion zone until the other player has taken their darts out of the board. Anderson was in the exclusion zone before Price had even stepped beyond the oche, let alone before Price had taken his darts out of the board.
Totally agree Gando was at fault in that instance, but he always does that, then often moans the other player is walking back too close. He definitely needs to approach the oche slower all the time.

But obviously Price took advantage of that with his movement back, knowing Gary was already there.
"The United States will be the first nation to land an astronaut on Nars"

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:06 am

tungsten tossers wrote:
Rogg wrote:

I think the long format games and double sessions require mental strength too which price will have gained from his rugby days too. He has said before, as has Kim, that the roaring is part of who they are and if they try and change just to appease other players, then they wouldn't play as well.
Hamilton used to be quite loud on stage and I don't recall anyone having an issue with him, I may be wrong though, but with Price it is probably more about him, that people have the issue with..
I can't see anything wrong with the roaring, as long as it is not right up close to the other player.
I hate to have to agree with Mardle, but he has it spot on... he said..." if it helps the individual without breaking the rules, then it is absolutely fine and if your opponent has an issue with it then that is his problem"
Got to hand it to him. He gives it the big 'un and has enough in the tank to last two long games in a day, on the other hand, the tension of merely watching Anderson-van Gerwen was enough to make my game turn to shit

DartJack Horseman

Post by DartJack Horseman » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:24 am

cannibal wrote:For a working class sport with competitors who are supposed to be coming from the sturdy backbone of society there certainly are a bunch of fucking snowflakes ready to dispense crocodile tears at the slightest breeze, clanking of darts, farting, mumbling and underwear that rides up the crack.
Oh my god, fucking great mate :lol: :pointing: :pointing:

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:59 pm

Rogg wrote:
Fiss Plaps wrote:"[Unbterbuchner] will never have played a bigger game than this"
Oche will be somewhere selecting the nuclear option. Think he meant he's never played in a game of this length, which is rubbish anyway. I remember losing consciousness during a Lakeshite sf.
Shame it wasnt permanent
The Thorn wrote: ↑Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm
Rather top myself than watch 1 minute of this shite

Thorn about Modus Super Series in 2021 - He now is an avid fan

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:38 pm

oche balboa wrote:
Rogg wrote:
Fiss Plaps wrote:"[Unbterbuchner] will never have played a bigger game than this"
Oche will be somewhere selecting the nuclear option. Think he meant he's never played in a game of this length, which is rubbish anyway. I remember losing consciousness during a Lakeshite sf.
Shame it wasnt permanent
He's got you now Rogg.
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:09 pm
Randall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm Dulla has never faced anything like Taylor in top gear.
Maybe he could have dragged Taylor down, we will never know.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:14 pm

oche balboa wrote:
Rogg wrote:
Shame it wasnt permanent
I think best of 11 sets is long enough even for the few people who still attempt to take it seriously.
not a girl

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:50 pm

Fiss Plaps wrote:
PT13 wrote:Well, I loved that final. Such drama and one to remember. Brilliant from Gerwyn Price.

And the first Welshman to win a PDC major.
Incredible as well that this is just his 4th year as a professional darts player.

It's not the rocketing rise of Cross, but it's still quite the speed.

Compared to a certain yellow simpleton who was in a major final before Price even took darts up full-time and still remains on a grand total of 0 major wins... ;)
Price's rise is arguably even more impressive than Cross's when you consider that Cross at least had some pedigree as an amateur. Little-known fact, but Price was a rugby player before he went to Q-School

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:53 pm

Cross failed to qualify for Lakeside or the Masters. Went over to the circus he won a world title in a year. Enough said.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:48 pm

cannibal wrote:ffs someone post that pic of Duzza jerking off Mitch's pooch
ok a little late but I ran a cross this and thought it deserved re-posting as it certainly has to be one of the best gifs every posted to a darting forum.

We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:54 pm

Pure gold :lol: :lol:

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:17 pm

Cullen after beating BIG JOHN. Asked about the Grand Slam.

[youtube][/youtube]
not a girl