PDC Grand Sham of Darts 2018, Nov 10-18

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Greipel

Re: PDC Grand Sham of Darts 2018, Nov 10-18

Post by Greipel » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:55 pm

Randall wrote:She would play better than harms
+1

StevieBoy

Post by StevieBoy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:28 pm

Father Rout wrote:
The Ginge Reaper wrote:
The Thorn wrote:I didn't expect the BDO to invite him either. The blame lies with the PDC
Quite, they should dump one of the 8 qualifier spots and make an exception. Either that or grow a backbone with the spots they hand over to the other side and dictate how they should be used.
Better still, fuck off the BDO. There's no value in this any more
Well said!

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:02 pm

Just a thought, why don't none of the BDO women play the Challenge Tour? They want equal treatment but they are objectively worse players than the men even in the BDO.

It's like they expect some sort of special treatment but they aren't willing to work for it. They are just complaining to get free spots at Ally Pally/Wolverhampton etc

Let's say the top BDO women average around 80 consistently, the BDO players around the top 8 are averaging 88. (This is actually pretty close to reality) Raise that 80 average to around 85, I'm sure the BDO would be happy to send a couple women to the Grand Slam. Or even the PDC would intervene and invite a couple ladies because they probably would be able to put in a decent performance.

But they refuse to do it, refuse to do any work to improve their game. Playing each other won't get them to a higher level. Ashton is definitely the best of them out there, still she's not quite good enough. And they'll never be good enough unless they actually put in the effort.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:22 pm

The Thorn wrote:Just a thought, why don't none of the BDO women play the Challenge Tour? They want equal treatment but they are objectively worse players than the men even in the BDO.

It's like they expect some sort of special treatment but they aren't willing to work for it. They are just complaining to get free spots at Ally Pally/Wolverhampton etc

Let's say the top BDO women average around 80 consistently, the BDO players around the top 8 are averaging 88. (This is actually pretty close to reality) Raise that 80 average to around 85, I'm sure the BDO would be happy to send a couple women to the Grand Slam. Or even the PDC would intervene and invite a couple ladies because they probably would be able to put in a decent performance.

But they refuse to do it, refuse to do any work to improve their game. Playing each other won't get them to a higher level. Ashton is definitely the best of them out there, still she's not quite good enough. And they'll never be good enough unless they actually put in the effort.
Completely agreed. You could apply the same thing to the male BDO die-hards who never even attempt a PDC event outside of the Grand Slam.

Ashton did play 12 Challenge Tour events last year and earned a total of £900: http://www.dartsdatabase.co.uk/PlayerDe ... yerResults

That's more than what you get for losing in the first round of the munters' Worlds.
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:31 pm

Think Ashton couldn't have done the CT this year as it would have excluded her from Lakeside 2019 under the rules in force at the time.

Those rules were lifted last month so no excuse next year...
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:36 pm

In fairness Ashton played CT the year before right, wasn't referring to her but every women really

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:59 pm

Some interesting ideas from FB:
I think it's time the ladies do to the bdo what Taylor and co did to form the pdc, Bdo really have no interest in promoting the ladies game and they prove that by giving them very little tv time on events all year round
Since bdo dropped the ban for players switching! I suggest pdc make announcement an work together for a 16 v 16 tournament next year, get top 10 BDO lads, 6 top BDO women an the rest pdc side. Should be an option to consider.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:07 pm

It's hard to credit these people are allowed to walk amongst us unsupervised.

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:09 pm

The Thorn wrote:Just a thought, why don't none of the BDO women play the Challenge Tour? They want equal treatment but they are objectively worse players than the men even in the BDO.

They will do now, But remember the PDC only wanted people who attended Q School to play in the Challenge Tour
The Thorn wrote: ↑Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm
Rather top myself than watch 1 minute of this shite

Thorn about Modus Super Series in 2021 - He now is an avid fan

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:10 pm

I'm glad it gets under Fake Hamill skin....

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:23 pm

This would have been the field under the old format

PDC

MVG, Anderson, Cross, Gurney, Suljovic, Whitlock, Wright, Price, M.Webster, Chisnall, DVDB, Cadby, RVB, Wade, J.Lewis, Clayton, Payne, M.Smith, Noppert, Hughes, Fitton, Bunting, White,

BDO

Durrant, McGeeney, Unterbuchner, Waites, Mitchell,

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:28 pm

oche balboa wrote:This would have been the field under the old format

PDC

MVG, Anderson, Cross, Gurney, Suljovic, Whitlock, Wright, Price, M.Webster, Chisnall, DVDB, Cadby, RVB, Wade, J.Lewis, Clayton, Payne, M.Smith, Noppert, Hughes, Fitton, Bunting, White,

BDO

Durrant, McGeeney, Unterbuchner, Waites, Mitchell,
Well this proves the current format works somewhat better. Fitton is a complete no mark. Bunting won Lakeside like 4 years ago, Webster got to a non-ranked pairs final 2 years ago, awful. Though there were fewer floor qualifiers back then

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:31 pm

Meanwhile, Tommy Thompsons' dementia is getting worse. First he forgot the Pole won the Masters, and now this statement (in red):
I don’t think the Grand Slam of Darts does the BDO any favours at all, yes it does the 8 selected players a favour, as they get a payday, but what do the BDO gain as a company, the PDC need the event as a different type than they already stage, most of their events are much of a muchness apart from UK Open, same players, similar format, just different venues, the Grand Slam is unique and the BDO gain nothing financially from sanctioning it officially, they as a company do not get a cut of the profits, or share of the TV income.
It started off as a joint venture; it has been whittled down 8 players from the equal numbers originally. If the PDC want to invite any 8 players from anywhere, they can, including Ladies, in fact they could offer Lisa a spot even now if they choose, perhaps their criteria at this late stage is set in stone, and make this scenario impossible.
Perhaps if the BDO want to continue to give away their players as a freebee to the Grand Slam, now is the time to re-write or even write into the rules that the Ladies World Champion will be one of the 8
I beg your fucking pardon?!?!
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:58 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:Meanwhile, Tommy Thompsons' dementia is getting worse. First he forgot the Pole won the Masters, and now this statement (in red):

(...) but what do the BDO gain as a company (...)
Maybe their only thorough publicity in mainstream media for the whole year? Even the Lakeside has been getting ignored outside of its own broadcast channel in recent years, after all.

He's talking like the PDC needs the Grand Slam more than the BDO does. :lol:

dartvader

Post by dartvader » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:15 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:Meanwhile, Tommy Thompsons' dementia is getting worse. First he forgot the Pole won the Masters, and now this statement (in red):
I don’t think the Grand Slam of Darts does the BDO any favours at all, yes it does the 8 selected players a favour, as they get a payday, but what do the BDO gain as a company, the PDC need the event as a different type than they already stage, most of their events are much of a muchness apart from UK Open, same players, similar format, just different venues, the Grand Slam is unique and the BDO gain nothing financially from sanctioning it officially, they as a company do not get a cut of the profits, or share of the TV income.
It started off as a joint venture; it has been whittled down 8 players from the equal numbers originally. If the PDC want to invite any 8 players from anywhere, they can, including Ladies, in fact they could offer Lisa a spot even now if they choose, perhaps their criteria at this late stage is set in stone, and make this scenario impossible.
Perhaps if the BDO want to continue to give away their players as a freebee to the Grand Slam, now is the time to re-write or even write into the rules that the Ladies World Champion will be one of the 8
Fucking hell. I think poor old Tommy could do with a visit from Harold Shipman to put him out of his misery.

dartvader

Post by dartvader » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:17 pm

As for receiving a share of the tv money or profits that's not dementia he's obviously just thick as shit.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:24 pm

A joint venture my fucking arse.

dartvader

Post by dartvader » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:33 pm

Randall wrote:A joint venture my fucking arse.
The idea that the PDC need the BDO for the event to go ahead is now ridiculous. In years gone by they added something but those days are long gone now. Adams playing piqued interest the first time and Ted's 'contribution' to the funniest night in t.v. darts history was fantastic but I honestly can't see what they bring to the table.now especially with none of their majors even being on the telly anymore.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:34 pm

"The World Matchplay is the same format as the World Grand Prix"

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:11 pm

The best yet surely ? The gift that just keeps on giving :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: