World Masters 2018 & Piss Palace Play-Offs

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Greipel

Re: World Masters 2018 & Piss Palace Play-Offs

Post by Greipel » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:04 pm

The Thorn wrote:Paula getting a bye in the first two rounds. All foreigners getting a hard first round
Will she/he/it win finally a match there?

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:05 pm

She wont.
The Thorn wrote: ↑Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm
Rather top myself than watch 1 minute of this shite

Thorn about Modus Super Series in 2021 - He now is an avid fan

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:42 pm

Potter's Lake wrote:I like a bit of Casey, hope she doesn't go full munter.
Is with Robbie Green's Son

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:59 pm

Just reading back on the comments on this

1) I'm surprised Randall enjoyed it.... is he ill

2) Bradders may be tongue in cheek But i doubt Jacklin would be annoyed by ASN winning the World Masters if anything it strengthens his plan of anyone can play in BDO Events. ASN wasn't going to play a PDC Qualifer (As their is no Challenge Tour players involved in the PDPA Qualifier) like what the Pole did (He qualified for the European Championships before his masters win anyway)

3) ASN actually qualified for the World Masters via an 18-25 "Youth" Event, He didn't even qualify for the World Masters in 2017, Hankey beat him in 2016

4) Durrant averaged 99 in the tournament. There isnt many outside the big PDC guns who can do that. He did the same in the World Trophy. He just got beat by a superb performance. ASN averaged 82 in the challenge tour

5) Seeds (17-32) 2 only qualified. Underlines the strength of the Darting System across the board, If we want to get petty, Peter Wright got beat by someone not in (At the time) PDC top 200 at the UK Open and that event had 1 challenge tour player in the semi finals who a few weeks later couldn't qualify for the World Trophy.

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:48 am

I know that Duzza is capable of a ton average on many occasions but could he do it week in week out?
Do you think he is a better player than Bunting was when he switched?
Bunting looked like a potential top 10 player in his first year but fizzled out during year two.
I think Duzza would be the same. He would be running on adrenalin at first but after a few knockbacks, how would he cope? I am not sure he has the fight in him to have a go at it tbh.
The whole BDO v PDC comparison is totally pointless as it is like comparing the Scottish Premier league with the English Premier League. Celtic and Rangers could hold their own for a season or two but would soon be found out.
How many of the BDO top 10 do you think would make the top 16 in the PDC?
I can only think of Duzza. McGeeney hasn't got the overall game nor has the likes of Harms, Williams Mitchell or Parletti. Maybe Waites did a few years back but not now.
ASN just clicked this weekend, like Jamie Lewis did at ally pally, but it is where he goes from here that will say whether he has the potential or not.
Any player is beatable on the day which is why MvG gets beaten by players much lower than him as happens in all sport. Otherwise you would never see underdogs win.
For me the two sides of darts are totally different and we should stop comparing them and bickering over it.
There were some excellent performances in the masters this weekend and fair play to the guys that achieved them, but can they sustain it weekly if they played in the PDC?

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:14 am

oche balboa wrote:Just reading back on the comments on this

1) I'm surprised Randall enjoyed it.... is he ill

2) Bradders may be tongue in cheek But i doubt Jacklin would be annoyed by ASN winning the World Masters if anything it strengthens his plan of anyone can play in BDO Events. ASN wasn't going to play a PDC Qualifer (As their is no Challenge Tour players involved in the PDPA Qualifier) like what the Pole did (He qualified for the European Championships before his masters win anyway)

3) ASN actually qualified for the World Masters via an 18-25 "Youth" Event, He didn't even qualify for the World Masters in 2017, Hankey beat him in 2016

4) Durrant averaged 99 in the tournament. There isnt many outside the big PDC guns who can do that. He did the same in the World Trophy. He just got beat by a superb performance. ASN averaged 82 in the challenge tour

5) Seeds (17-32) 2 only qualified. Underlines the strength of the Darting System across the board, If we want to get petty, Peter Wright got beat by someone not in (At the time) PDC top 200 at the UK Open and that event had 1 challenge tour player in the semi finals who a few weeks later couldn't qualify for the World Trophy.
I enjoy quality darts.
If the bdo provide it, ergo I enjoy it.
Most of the time the bdo offering is shit so I don't.
Hardly a mystery.

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:06 am

tungsten tossers wrote:I know that Duzza is capable of a ton average on many occasions but could he do it week in week out?
Bunting looked like a potential top 10 player in his first year but fizzled out during year two.
I think Duzza would be the same. He would be running on adrenalin at first but after a few knockbacks, how would he cope? I am not sure he has the fight in him to have a go at it tbh.
The whole BDO v PDC comparison is totally pointless as it is like comparing the Scottish Premier league with the English Premier League. Celtic and Rangers could hold their own for a season or two but would soon be found out.
I can only think of Duzza. McGeeney hasn't got the overall game nor has the likes of Harms, Williams Mitchell or Parletti. Maybe Waites did a few years back but not now.
ASN just clicked this weekend, like Jamie Lewis did at ally pally, but it is where he goes from here that will say whether he has the potential or not.
Any player is beatable on the day which is why MvG gets beaten by players much lower than him as happens in all sport. Otherwise you would never see underdogs win.
For me the two sides of darts are totally different and we should stop comparing them and bickering over it.
There were some excellent performances in the masters this weekend and fair play to the guys that achieved them, but can they sustain it weekly if they played in the PDC?

Durrants TV/Stage averages this year (since the worlds)

97-102 average is Superb

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:18 am

And this weekend it was coming back at him in at least a few of them.

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:59 am

And he got beat it does happen..... still averaged nearly 100 when it was coming back at him

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:07 am

Impressed with lots of them at the weekend, especially over decent distance. Best I've ever seen big jobbo and Mitchell play.
They need to turn that into wins in wolves, not bragging about high average losses.
It's neales performance that is at odds with his usual standard.

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:53 am

I can't complain at Smith-Neale's performances, he's a worthy champion, but they're such an outlier compared to most of his career that you wonder whether he can back that up. People talk about Cross being a one-hit wonder, but he was very good all last year, his performances at Ally Pally hardly came from nowhere

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:09 am

oche balboa wrote:
tungsten tossers wrote:I know that Duzza is capable of a ton average on many occasions but could he do it week in week out?

Durrants TV/Stage averages this year (since the worlds)

97-102 average is Superb
Would this be 110+ on an Eclipse board ?

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:22 am

thegentle wrote:I can't complain at Smith-Neale's performances, he's a worthy champion, but they're such an outlier compared to most of his career that you wonder whether he can back that up. People talk about Cross being a one-hit wonder, but he was very good all last year, his performances at Ally Pally hardly came from nowhere
Can only be the bdo blade toyboards that inflated his averages.

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:31 pm

Ahhh the real randy is back

Smith-Neale had an inspired week, he might not have it again or it might be a launchpad for better things

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:36 pm

oche balboa wrote:Ahhh the real randy is back

Smith-Neale had an inspired week, he might not have it again or it might be a launchpad for better things
In the net etc etc :mrgreen:

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:58 pm

Is pointless even speculating as to how Duzza would get on in the PDC. I know I keep saying it but he himself said here he would be "swallowed up" in the PDC.

He knows he isn't good enough to do it week in week out in the big pond.
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:00 pm

Father Rout wrote:
Is pointless even speculating as to how Duzza would get on in the PDC. I know I keep saying it but he himself said here he would be "swallowed up" in the PDC.

In fairness wasn't that about 3-4 years ago? He has improved a lot since then.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:20 pm

The Thorn wrote:
Father Rout wrote:

In fairness wasn't that about 3-4 years ago? He has improved a lot since then.
Was after Bunting left and he was winning BDO titles.

The bottom line is he's pretty much mopping up in the weakest BDO field ever.

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:04 pm

Nah its not the weakest BDO field ever. The Bunting "Era" was very week.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:16 pm

oche balboa wrote:Nah its not the weakest BDO field ever. The Bunting "Era" was very week.
Really? Am sure Duzza, Mitchell, McGeeny and the rest wouldn't class themselves as weak? Or would they?