Tour Card Race for 2019

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
thegentle

Re: Tour Card Race for 2019

Post by thegentle » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:59 pm

tungsten tossers wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:21 pm
The Thorn wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:42 pm I really don't begrudge anyone at Q-School a card. It's a big achievement to get through that field. The problem is with some players who are good enough but didn't make it, like Harris. The cream did rise to the top this time as we've seen with Razma, Darius or Meuwisse but still you feel some players should have got a card based on their season on the CT
I agree, Cody does have the game, but he struggles a bit on the floor, like many others do.
We have mentioned before about the CT on here, and I would like to see maybe more than two cards awarded.
QS still has an element of the luck of the draw about it, and a change is maybe needed, but it is a worry for the likes of Cody, and possibly Hughes and Cammie, if they fail again this year.
What I would say about Cammy is that he does seem to have improved, and has a pretty good floor game (he'd have been well on course to qualify for the Worlds via the ProTour had he played the full circuit, and of course came close via the Challenge Tour). My main worry about him is that he's a mad cunt, still capable of imploding and averaging 75. When things go bad for him, he gets rattled far too easily, it must give his opponent so much confidence.

Oh, and who can forget him forgetting to fill in his application for the UK Open qualifiers last year!

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:44 pm

thegentle wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:59 pm
The Thorn wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:42 pm I really don't begrudge anyone at Q-School a card. It's a big achievement to get through that field. The problem is with some players who are good enough but didn't make it, like Harris. The cream did rise to the top this time as we've seen with Razma, Darius or Meuwisse but still you feel some players should have got a card based on their season on the CT
I agree, Cody does have the game, but he struggles a bit on the floor, like many others do.
We have mentioned before about the CT on here, and I would like to see maybe more than two cards awarded.
QS still has an element of the luck of the draw about it, and a change is maybe needed, but it is a worry for the likes of Cody, and possibly Hughes and Cammie, if they fail again this year.
What I would say about Cammy is that he does seem to have improved, and has a pretty good floor game (he'd have been well on course to qualify for the Worlds via the ProTour had he played the full circuit, and of course came close via the Challenge Tour). My main worry about him is that he's a mad cunt, still capable of imploding and averaging 75. When things go bad for him, he gets rattled far too easily, it must give his opponent so much confidence.

Oh, and who can forget him forgetting to fill in his application for the UK Open qualifiers last year!

Cammy is definitely great entertainment value and had a few good floor results, as did yozza in a few events.
The dilemma for him was when he qualified for the ET and missed four CT events. Hopefully he will do well this year and get his card.
This video of him sums him up really...

DartJack Horseman

Post by DartJack Horseman » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:45 pm

:pointing: it was priceless!
I like him. His match against cry baby from Holland was comedy classic!

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:47 am

I might be out of point but I hope that Cadby solves his visa issues.... We need good players such as him in action as I believe that he has the game to take on the van Gerwens, Smiths and Crosses of the situation....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:22 am

Zeyes wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:59 pm
tungsten tossers wrote:I think QS would be better if held over two weekends.. more games and a better chance to see who is more consistent.
IMHO, Q School is getting to the point where it needs to be played in two stages. The large number of no-hopers in the field means that there are just too many meaningless games and at the same time too much luck of the draw. I'd be in favour of letting the small fry fight it out for one weekend in early December, let's say for 64 spots (4 tournaments, last 16 of each qualify), who then join the "real" Q School in January. All players proven to be reasonably competent (recent tour card holders, high finishers of the CT and DT and regional tours, players who did well on the Pro Tour without tour cards) to get exempted directly into the January QS.

Would lead to a Q School proper with maybe 200-250 players, rather than the 600+ we saw this year across the two sites. In addition, paring down the field like that could allow them to play more tournaments in the same four days, so your objective would be fulfilled, too.
Found. September 2018. How did Zeyes do?
not a girl

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:27 am

Spooky

Safc

Post by Safc » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:30 pm

TBH I would keep it the same next year but I still think he will go back to the normal 4 day free4all next year.

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:54 pm

Safc wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:30 pm TBH I would keep it the same next year but I still think he will go back to the normal 4 day free4all next year.
A lot will depend on what the situation with Covid is I guess,
Another winter, another lockdown?, who can tell?
If there is any hint of restrictions, they may just stick with the same structure as this year

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:03 pm

tungsten tossers wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:54 pm
Safc wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:30 pm TBH I would keep it the same next year but I still think he will go back to the normal 4 day free4all next year.
If there is any hint of restrictions, they may just stick with the same structure as this year
Depends if it mutates badly I guess

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:05 pm

Randall wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:03 pm
Who Oche?

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:29 pm

tungsten tossers wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:05 pm
Randall wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:03 pm
Who Oche?
Cant get much worse

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:58 pm

For fuck's sake Cammie!