Piss Palace Disaster Festivities, 2019

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Still the finest

Re: Piss Palace Disaster Festivities, 2019

Post by Still the finest » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:53 pm

Father Rout wrote:The good news is the BDO "Worlds" will be somewhere in the UK!

https://t.co/GXS0mABCBr
The Uk had to fight off very competitive bids from Abu Dhabi, Singapore, China and Qatar to land this honour. :D

I hope everyone is in good health and spirits

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:58 pm

Should anyone feel inclined etc etc............

He, she or whatever (we are in gender confused days!) would be told there may be a meeting on Monday. There's still no done deal
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:08 pm

What happened to Fridays meeting?!

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:18 pm

Randall wrote:What happened to Fridays meeting?!
What happened to the snow that fell last winter mate?

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:23 pm

Father Rout wrote:
Des tried to start a fire with it.
not a girl

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:26 pm

Rogg wrote:
Father Rout wrote:
Des tried to start a fire with it.
Very very good mate

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:21 pm

Maybe this will end with Des simply rocking up to Lakeside with the equipment truck on January 4, stating "You were expecting us, right?!" to the confused club personnel.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:13 am

Zeyes wrote:Maybe this will end with Des simply rocking up to Lakeshite with the poster tube on January 4, stating "You were expecting us, right?!" to the confused club personnel.
Fixed

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:21 pm

Andy Hamilton currently in a Lakeside qualification spot after the British Open, only thing that would knock him out would be if the World Master is ranked below him. Wes Newton just misses out, looks like it's the qualifiers for him

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:22 pm

thegentle wrote:Andy Hamilton currently in a Lakeshite qualification spot after the British Open, only thing that would knock him out would be if the World Master is ranked below him. Wes Newton just misses out, looks like it's the qualifiers for him
If its at lakeshite.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:40 pm

Randall wrote:
thegentle wrote:Andy Hamilton currently in a Lakeshite qualification spot after the British Open, only thing that would knock him out would be if the World Master is ranked below him. Wes Newton just misses out, looks like it's the qualifiers for him
If its at lakeshite.
They could hold it in a telephone box, would make no difference

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:47 pm

Good lord. The BDO season started in October. When did Hamilton actually start his quest for ranking points? I remember watching him at the floor qualifier for Ally Pally in November...
not a girl

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:50 pm

Can someone bump the Tweet from Parletti where he asks about if 8th in the rankings gets the Slam, he gets told yes, and he replied with just a smiley?

Any luck, Parletti? :D
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:26 pm

Rogg wrote:
Good lord. The BDO season started in October. When did Hamilton actually start his quest for ranking points? I remember watching him at the floor qualifier for Ally Pally in November...
Scottish Open in February was his first one, though I'm pretty sure he didn't decide to make a real go for it until quite a bit later. His first points were scored in April, so he's basically done it in half the season.

That said, since he's in the standby spot, if he doesn't get any guff advice I'd expect him to play the playoffs just in case, and given the relatively long format (best of 3 sets, isn't it?) I wouldn't be surprised at all if he qualifies that way, too.
Last edited by Zeyes on Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:28 pm

Zeyes wrote:
Rogg wrote:
Scottish Open in February was his first one, though I'm pretty sure he didn't decide to make a real go for it until quite a bit later. His first points were scored in April, so he's basically done it in half the season.
Assuming there's a Lakeside taking place that is.

I can't be arsed calling again

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:32 pm

Father Rout wrote:
Zeyes wrote:
Rogg wrote:
Assuming there's a Lakeshite taking place that is.

Go on...
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:58 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:
Father Rout wrote:
Zeyes wrote:
Rogg wrote:
Assuming there's a Lakeshite taking place that is.

Go on...
Were I to say a meeting actually took place Friday gone and still no confirmation either way would you believe me?

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:02 pm

Father Rout wrote:
Were I to say a meeting actually took place Friday gone and still no confirmation either way would you believe me?
More than likely. What the fuck was the meeting for then?

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:18 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:
Father Rout wrote:
More than likely. What the fuck was the meeting for then?
In my experience over the years meetings between customers/suppliers or sometimes called business partners are to review current positions and future.

If agreements are in principle not reached on the day as each day passes the gap widens

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:09 am

Zeyes wrote:
Rogg wrote:

That said, since he's in the standby spot, if he doesn't get any guff advice I'd expect him to play the playoffs just in case, and given the relatively long format (best of 3 sets, isn't it?) I wouldn't be surprised at all if he qualifies that way, too.
Missed the first 4 and a half months of the season he says here, yep. Embarrassed for the BDO. Seems he will be off to the play-offs.

The Hammer @TheHammer180
So I’m of the understanding I’ve finished 27th in the BDO rankings which means I’m in the World Championships providing the winner of the winmau is already ranked above me or is me! I missed the first 4 and a half months of the season so can only be proud of what I’ve been able..
..to do! I set out this year to start enjoying Darts again and gain some winning confidence, never did I imagine I’d be this close to making the worlds! It’s been a great year & I’ve made some really good friends!! Here’s to the qualifiers & the winmau next week!! It’s Hammertime
not a girl