"Switchers" Watch 2018/19

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Rogg

Re: "Switchers" Watch 2018/19

Post by Rogg » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:57 am

Randall wrote:
Rogg wrote:
sennafan24 wrote:Someone also asked him if he was re-thinking his plans. He replied "maybe".

I will believe it when I see it.
Chris Mason @Chris180Mason
Don’t bottle Qschool again in Jan

Glen Durrant @Duzza180
Ok buddy - Now that there are no restrictions it will be fine.
He won't be "exhausted" this year then.
He is also no longer "nearly 50," clearly. Which is even more clever.
not a girl

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:30 pm

Surely he means 90% of the BDO's top players (top 16/32)

[youtube][/youtube]
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:09 pm
Randall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm Dulla has never faced anything like Taylor in top gear.
Maybe he could have dragged Taylor down, we will never know.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:44 pm

What's 90% of 32? Christ.

Baz be like thanks for polishing our front door, berks. What chance of the BDO reversing their decision before Q-School?
not a girl

bullseye

Post by bullseye » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:01 am

Thought Waites was happy hanging doors for a living? Now going to Q school????

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:39 am

bullseye wrote:Thought Waites was happy hanging doors for a living? Now going to Q school????
I still don't think he will go.

Especially if Lakeside happens.
Randall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm Dulla has never faced anything like Taylor in top gear.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:40 am

Is this all they were waiting for? Moody Uncle BDO to give their grotty blessing?

Bunch of feckless oddities. Hope they don't all have a little cry when mummy drops them off at the leisure centre.
not a girl

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:55 am

The BDO's announcement is not as big a deal as everyone is making it out to be. Suppose phantom and hinges get a tour card. Hinges won't play enough events to make anything. Not sure phantom has the stamina to deal with quality players firing back at him week in and week out. Everyone else who would move over is on par or worse then that brain damaged Hughes so look where he is at that is where about the rest will be at best.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:49 am

cannibal wrote:The BDO's announcement is not as big a deal as everyone is making it out to be. Suppose phantom and hinges get a tour card. Hinges won't play enough events to make anything. Not sure phantom has the stamina to deal with quality players firing back at him week in and week out. Everyone else who would move over is on par or worse then that brain damaged Hughes so look where he is at that is where about the rest will be at best.
Hinges :D
But fine consequences in the other direction. Remove Durrant, Waites and McGeeney... We might see the day where FcLoyalty or Throbbo are "World Number One."
not a girl

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:51 am

Rogg wrote:Is this all they were waiting for? Moody Uncle BDO to give their grotty blessing?

Bunch of feckless oddities. Hope they don't all have a little cry when mummy drops them off at the leisure centre.
Now that they're certain to retain access to the weekend booze-ups, Q School's a go.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:18 pm

cannibal wrote:The BDO's announcement is not as big a deal as everyone is making it out to be. Suppose phantom and hinges get a tour card. Hinges won't play enough events to make anything. Not sure phantom has the stamina to deal with quality players firing back at him week in and week out. Everyone else who would move over is on par or worse then that brain damaged Hughes so look where he is at that is where about the rest will be at best.
Anyone with ambition and belief in his own ability would have done Q School already. This announcement changes pretty little in real terms
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:53 pm

Rogg wrote:
Hinges :D
But fine consequences in the other direction. Remove Durrant, Waites and McGeeney... We might see the day where FcLoyalty or Throbbo are "World Number One."
glad you liked the moniker "hinges" that came to me in my half awake stupor at some ungodly hour in the morning.
And the BDO announcement should exactly deliver what you state, old warty or throbo crash hover board as the number one. BDO going strength to strength :pointing:
We Desire Information.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:58 pm

Presumably the rule change was to encourage pdc players over, Not the other way round.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:29 pm

Randall wrote:Presumably the rule change was to encourage pdc players over, Not the other way round.
That may have been the intention but I don't think the real incentive is that way at all. If you look at the BDO players who have gone over the one thing they consistently state in interviews is their impression of how professional things are run over in the PDC even in the lower tour. I don't see many players who go to q school and fail interested in chasing the BDO useless points as long as they get access to the ET and UK qualifiers. This is where the PDC can make a difference in giving the chance to CT players to get to ET's or sweeten the pot by getting more of the top CT players a chance at something better. This is where I think Hearn's supposed good things to come in 2019 announcement is going to make a difference. If Hearn is smart he nails the nail in the coffin and raises the value of playing in the CT via prize or opportunity. Lakeside on TV has maybe one year or two if they are lucky, a few quid more in the CT events make chasing points around shit holes in Europe useless.
We Desire Information.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:41 pm

It's a huge miscalculation if so.
They are frankly welcome to the dead wood.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:58 pm

From the video in the BDO thread then, this was MITCHELL on Q-School:

"If the boundaries are open, then I think you'd be foolish not to try really"
not a girl

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:53 pm

Rogg wrote:From the video in the BDO thread then, this was MITCHELL on Q-School:

So he is confirming he won't be going.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:05 pm

Rogg wrote:From the video in the BDO thread then, this was MITCHELL on Q-School:

He's the biggest fool of all of them

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:05 pm

sennafan24 wrote:

So he is confirming he won't be going.
This from New Era January 2016 suggests he's not entirely in control of that word...
"with potentially a few new tournaments round the corner, I'd be a fool to jump now."
not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:26 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

BDO rule changes could give Glen Durrant some 'serious, serious thinking' to do
https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/bdo ... c-15119586
"First things first, I won't rush to make any decision," he says.

"Nowhere in the press release does it say that you can go to Q-School and you'd still be welcome back to the BDO. So I'm a little bit confused.

"I said last year that my mind was made up, and it was.

"But this will give a lot of players food for thought.

"If the only thing to weigh-up was the darts then I would definitely go to Q-School. If I was 28 I'd have no excuses, but I need to consider every aspect.

"I don't do a lot of the BDO circuit. People say to me that a lot of the PDC events are in Barnsley and Wigan but there are a lot of European events as well and I'd be starting out right at the bottom.

"I read social media with people saying to me about being a big fish in a small pond. It's not about that, it's about thinking about my lifestyle, my job, my family and weighing everything up.

"If it was the case that you could go to Q-School without any sanctions at all then I would go and if I got in I would have some serious, serious thinking to do."
not a girl

StevieBoy

Post by StevieBoy » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:35 pm

Rogg wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

BDO rule changes could give Glen Durrant some 'serious, serious thinking' to do
https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/bdo ... c-15119586
"First things first, I won't rush to make any decision," he says.

"Nowhere in the press release does it say that you can go to Q-School and you'd still be welcome back to the BDO. So I'm a little bit confused.

"I said last year that my mind was made up, and it was.

"But this will give a lot of players food for thought.

"If the only thing to weigh-up was the darts then I would definitely go to Q-School. If I was 28 I'd have no excuses, but I need to consider every aspect.

"I don't do a lot of the BDO circuit. People say to me that a lot of the PDC events are in Barnsley and Wigan but there are a lot of European events as well and I'd be starting out right at the bottom.

"I read social media with people saying to me about being a big fish in a small pond. It's not about that, it's about thinking about my lifestyle, my job, my family and weighing everything up.

"If it was the case that you could go to Q-School without any sanctions at all then I would go and if I got in I would have some serious, serious thinking to do."
I dont believe word this Geezer says! Still trying to find excuses not to go - if no lakeside he cant be to 'tired' TOSSER!