The Greatest Show on Mighty Mike's Green Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Chat and Gossip About Professional and Ever More Farcical BDO Darts
phil the great
Posts: 2758
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:13 am
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on A Michael's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by phil the great » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:11 am

thegentle wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:06 am
Granted, the Worlds is the most important event, maybe the pressure got to them, but it's easy to bemoan the current crop when MvG wins easily, but it's been a very competitive year. What happens if next time a Smith or Gurney type nudge ahead of MvG at the start? Don't think we especially missed Taylor in this event
Yeah it has been a very competitive year, although there have been some exceptional performances under pressure to beat MVG which won't keep happening, there is another 2016 coming along where MVG has a Tayloresque at peak form year in the coming years that's for sure.

SolidSCB
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:46 am
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on A Michael's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by SolidSCB » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:13 am

Nigel Cheeseman-Blenkinsop wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:06 am
SolidSCB wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:04 am
Can't be arsed with it at all. The 'I should be 5-0 up' gesturing from Smith this evening epitomises this current bunch of players. Delusional with a side of piss weak temperament. Shoulda, woulda, coulda.
Do you think it's the money or this generation with their sense of entitlement?
I gave people an insight earlier into the St Helens players, they are all a bunch of fat soft shites who've never worked for a living... Ever
Someone like Smith it's a bit of both. The talent's there, but his attitude stinks the second it doesn't go his way. He doesn't have a killer instinct at all and will just give it the self pitying act when something like tonight happens.

Someone like Chizzy and it's just a natural ceiling. No one's ever winning a world championship when one out of every six darts is a baseball pitch and the other 5 are thrown with any combination of elbow, wrist and shoulder.

User avatar
thegentle
Posts: 3921
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:52 am
Location: The city of the 120 finish
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on A Michael's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by thegentle » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:15 am

phil the great wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:11 am
thegentle wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:06 am
Granted, the Worlds is the most important event, maybe the pressure got to them, but it's easy to bemoan the current crop when MvG wins easily, but it's been a very competitive year. What happens if next time a Smith or Gurney type nudge ahead of MvG at the start? Don't think we especially missed Taylor in this event
Yeah it has been a very competitive year, although there have been some exceptional performances under pressure to beat MVG which won't keep happening, there is another 2016 coming along where MVG has a Tayloresque at peak form year in the coming years that's for sure.
Thing is a though, MvG isn't a Taylor, he will have dips in form from time to time. Probably not to the same extent as 2018, but there will be other players picking up TV events, and in 2/3/4 years there will be some top talent arriving at the elite level waiting to take the current lot off their perch
2018 GSOD Prediction Comp champion
2019 Lakeshite Prediction Comp champion, but as I earned a tour card through the Q-School Prediction Comp, I am unable to defend my title

phil the great
Posts: 2758
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:13 am
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on A Michael's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by phil the great » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:16 am

SolidSCB wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:13 am
Nigel Cheeseman-Blenkinsop wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:06 am
SolidSCB wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:04 am
Can't be arsed with it at all. The 'I should be 5-0 up' gesturing from Smith this evening epitomises this current bunch of players. Delusional with a side of piss weak temperament. Shoulda, woulda, coulda.
Do you think it's the money or this generation with their sense of entitlement?
I gave people an insight earlier into the St Helens players, they are all a bunch of fat soft shites who've never worked for a living... Ever
Someone like Smith it's a bit of both. The talent's there, but his attitude stinks the second it doesn't go his way. He doesn't have a killer instinct at all and will just give it the self pitying act when something like tonight happens.

Someone like Chizzy and it's just a natural ceiling. No one's ever winning a world championship when one out of every six darts is a baseball pitch and the other 5 are thrown with any combination of elbow, wrist and shoulder.
yeah Chizzy's done well to be fair to him to get as far as he has with his technique, he's all over the place at times and has no consistency from game to game, he may win the odd game under pressure and play great but come semis and finals time and white hot pressure his technique fails him as it's bound to.

User avatar
thegentle
Posts: 3921
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:52 am
Location: The city of the 120 finish
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on A Michael's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by thegentle » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:17 am

That said, I'm concerned about Ando. The game really could do with an Ando that gives a fuck, but in recent times it's clear he's had enough
2018 GSOD Prediction Comp champion
2019 Lakeshite Prediction Comp champion, but as I earned a tour card through the Q-School Prediction Comp, I am unable to defend my title

phil the great
Posts: 2758
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:13 am
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on A Michael's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by phil the great » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:18 am

thegentle wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:15 am
phil the great wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:11 am
thegentle wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:06 am
Granted, the Worlds is the most important event, maybe the pressure got to them, but it's easy to bemoan the current crop when MvG wins easily, but it's been a very competitive year. What happens if next time a Smith or Gurney type nudge ahead of MvG at the start? Don't think we especially missed Taylor in this event
Yeah it has been a very competitive year, although there have been some exceptional performances under pressure to beat MVG which won't keep happening, there is another 2016 coming along where MVG has a Tayloresque at peak form year in the coming years that's for sure.
Thing is a though, MvG isn't a Taylor, he will have dips in form from time to time. Probably not to the same extent as 2018, but there will be other players picking up TV events, and in 2/3/4 years there will be some top talent arriving at the elite level waiting to take the current lot off their perch
I really hope so, 2016 was a grim year it wasn't like MVG was doing things Taylor hadn't and no one wants another Taylor, he was unbelievable for the game and brought so many people into Darts and generated interest and exposure due to his unbelievable play as his legend grew year on year but it's better to have a less dominant player long term now the PDC no longer needs a Tayloresque figure.

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 22287
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on Mighty Mike's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by Rogg » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:25 am

MVG3. Puts him level with Wolfie, apparently, thanks Rod, for that. The day Waites learnt the truth.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

SolidSCB
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:46 am
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on A Michael's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by SolidSCB » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:25 am

If his opponent was on 40 and he was on 252, Phil Taylor would bust his guts to hit a 180 or a 177 or whatever just because he could.

None of these guys have that desire to want to batter their opponent every single leg of every single match. Given the same situation I can't think of anyone other than Van Gerwen who wouldn't tamely slap in a 57 spraying g around the board with noticeably less effort thinking the leg had long gone.

And that's why he is the best at the moment.

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 22287
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on A Michael's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by Rogg » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:35 am

thegentle wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:06 am
Granted, the Worlds is the most important event, maybe the pressure got to them, but it's easy to bemoan the current crop when MvG wins easily, but it's been a very competitive year. What happens if next time a Smith or Gurney type nudge ahead of MvG at the start? Don't think we especially missed Taylor in this event
I was just thinking that social media would have been a laugh when Taylor was cutting through one of these for the eighth time in a row and without dropping a set, or whatever it was he did. MVG now holds two TV ranking titles.

24-19 in legs in the end. Loads of long sets and a shaggy old final! Left feeling unsatisfied by both their performances really but it's a tribute to MVG's greatness that he makes 102/46% seem like a mess.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 22287
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on A Michael's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by Rogg » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:43 am

SolidSCB wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:25 am
If his opponent was on 40 and he was on 252, Phil Taylor would bust his guts to hit a 180 or a 177 or whatever just because he could.

None of these guys have that desire to want to batter their opponent every single leg of every single match.
Well that's humans for you I'm afraid. There were times when even Taylor just started lobbing them hopelessly with a dazed expression on his face. A Matchplay semi-final against Wade comes to mind.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 22287
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on Mighty Mike's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by Rogg » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:52 am

Is 8 sets the fewest ever lost on the way to winning at Ally Pally?
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
PT13
Posts: 2593
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:14 pm
Location: Cwmbran, Wales
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on A Michael's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by PT13 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:56 am

SolidSCB wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:25 am
If his opponent was on 40 and he was on 252, Phil Taylor would bust his guts to hit a 180 or a 177 or whatever just because he could.
Phil Taylor was taught by his parents to get up early and to work hard, an old school work ethic.

Phil Taylor was taught by Eric Bristow all the dark arts of darts and that winning was what mattered. If you didn't win, you failed, and failure was not acceptable. Taylor was already a hard worker before he ever met Bristow, but before he met Bristow, Taylor would have been content with second or third. Taylor once phoned up Bristow excitedly about being runner-up of a tournament. "Call me back when you win something", Eric said, as he slammed down the phone on Phil. When Phil saw Eric, he said "You! I only called you up to tell you how I was getting on". Eric said "I don't want to hear any losing shit from you. I want to hear that you've won the tournament, and only that you've won the tournament. Now get practicing".

Combine the "old school working class Burslem mentality" with Bristow's winning mentality and you have the winning machine that Phil Taylor became. Taylor also added adapting to new darting technologies to that list later on in his career, although it didn't really work out at Target until he had been there a few years.

Michael van Gerwen has much of what Phil Taylor once had, particularly the desire to have the darts world talking about his brilliance, and that winning is all that is acceptable. Van Gerwen uses more outright enthusiasm than Taylor, more nervous energy. If van Gerwen is "pow, pow, pow", then Taylor was "drip, drip, drip". I think van Gerwen shortened Taylor's career by a few years. The darts world was not big enough for the both of them, with their egos, ambitions and outlooks being so similar. Taylor was the old lion, and while the old lion knows tricks that can teach the young lion a lesson or two, he is bound to lose the war of attrition. Unlike Bristow who could see that he was done as the very best when the time came, Taylor raged against the fading of the light, and most ugly of all at the 2017 Grand Slam of Darts. Van Gerwen wished that Taylor had given him more respect towards the end of his career, but Taylor was raging against his own decline too much to notice or care.
SolidSCB wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:25 am
None of these guys have that desire to want to batter their opponent every single leg of every single match. Given the same situation I can't think of anyone other than Van Gerwen who wouldn't tamely slap in a 57 spraying g around the board with noticeably less effort thinking the leg had long gone.

And that's why he is the best at the moment.
Yes. If you are well behind in a leg, you must assume that a big score from you will put enough pressure on your opponent that he'll miss the checkout, and then you can take advantage. Positive thinking. Van Gerwen sees anything other than winning as failure, and he obviously has strong ambitions to do better than van Barneveld's darts CV, especially the World Championship total. Van Gerwen is also very into stats, averages etc. and gets disappointed with an average of his that goes below 100 even if he wins easily. Taylor didn't care too much about averages. He would go more with his gut instinct of how well he was playing, and not complicate it too much with stats.

User avatar
Fiss Plaps
Posts: 4349
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:07 pm
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on Mighty Mike's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by Fiss Plaps » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:02 am

Rogg wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:52 am
Is 8 sets the fewest ever lost on the way to winning at Ally Pally?
No - Taylor's 4 in both 2009 and 2010.
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner! About as valuable as the Lakeshite piss pot!

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 22287
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on Mighty Mike's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by Rogg » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:06 am

Fiss Plaps wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:02 am
Rogg wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:52 am
Is 8 sets the fewest ever lost on the way to winning at Ally Pally?
No - Taylor's 4 in both 2009 and 2010.
You're fucking joking. No thank you.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
tungsten tossers
Posts: 2046
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:09 pm
Location: Surrey
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on A Michael's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by tungsten tossers » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:10 am

Rogg wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:35 am
thegentle wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:06 am
Granted, the Worlds is the most important event, maybe the pressure got to them, but it's easy to bemoan the current crop when MvG wins easily, but it's been a very competitive year. What happens if next time a Smith or Gurney type nudge ahead of MvG at the start? Don't think we especially missed Taylor in this event
I was just thinking that social media would have been a laugh when Taylor was cutting through one of these for the eighth time in a row and without dropping a set, or whatever it was he did. MVG now holds two TV ranking titles.

24-19 in legs in the end. Loads of long sets and a shaggy old final! Left feeling unsatisfied by both their performances really but it's a tribute to MVG's greatness that he makes 102/46% seem like a mess.
When MvG hits a 102 average it now seems like he has only had an average game..
That is how high the bar that he has set in modern darts
I think that the hype from Sky doesn't help these matches at times, and I am sure that the occasion got to Smith a bit, even though e looked more relaxed than MvG on the walk on..
All this talk about being a future world champion before he has won fuck all may have got in his head..
Smith to me, is just a newer version of fatpot, who has flashes of brilliance mixed in with a bit of can't be arsed attitude.
2018 was always going to be weird due to Taylor retiring, but I think 2019 may be the same, as regards to having different winners of the majors and tour events...
MvG, Gando and Mensur will skip a fair few PC events again, Gando doesn't do Europe and Mensur will have to stay at home to look after his sick hamster a few times, and with Cross and Crusty seeming to be unable to Win anything, it opens up the possibility of a few different winners..
I don't think MvG will ever have another year like 2016

User avatar
Fiss Plaps
Posts: 4349
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:07 pm
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on Mighty Mike's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by Fiss Plaps » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:10 am

Rogg wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:06 am
Fiss Plaps wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:02 am
Rogg wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:52 am
Is 8 sets the fewest ever lost on the way to winning at Ally Pally?
No - Taylor's 4 in both 2009 and 2010.
You're fucking joking. No thank you.
I could scarcely believe it looking it up.

2009
L64 - Grubb 3-0
L32 - MVG 4-0
L16 - Painter 4-1
QF - Stompe 5-0
SF - King 6-2
F - Barney 7-1

2010
L64 - C. Monk 3-0
L32 - Hine 4-0
L16 - Thornton 4-1
QF - A. Lewis 5-0
SF - M. Webster 6-0
F - Whitlock 7-3
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner! About as valuable as the Lakeshite piss pot!

User avatar
cannibal
Posts: 5570
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:41 am
Location: Tipping cows in fields Elysian
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on Mighty Mike's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by cannibal » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:11 am

Christ on a Bike this fucking nigel fucking long hyphenated surname cunt moans about everything. Soon he will be moaning about his own moaning.
Not surprising every cunt I ever met that was pretentious and self absorbed enough to have two fucking last names was a pain in the ass. Fucking pick one last name or be cool enough to have just one name.

anyways welcome to the forum. FYI please make friends with skweeshit he is in desperate need of a friend the boring fuck, keep your dog away from Kimmy or it will be soup, Randall and you will be in the running for the moany-est cunts. Don't worry you will win as most likely Randull will retire to bed for the evening. Be catious of Griepel and Beppe they most likely carry some STD. But if your in need of an eyeliner pen Beppe is your man. The rest are too busy in the "would you do it" thread they aren't of much concern. The mods are completely useless and the only person around here who has shown themselves to be worth anything is SAFC for running the comps and doing it properly. Be patient with our care in the community members like Chizzyfan and Oche, if they alarm you just throw some crayons at them, most likely they will eat them but it will give you time to avoid harm as they will be distracted for some time.

Yours in darts Cannibal, aka F.A.C.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 22287
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on Mighty Mike's Green Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by Rogg » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:20 am

Remember Lewis boasting that he had 2 world titles to MVG's none. Oh well.
Something significant that he's yet to do is retain it. The Crying Scotsman and Snackpot have that on him still.
Durrant's winning the next few tho so...


1994 - Dennis Priestley def Phil Taylor 6-1
1995 - Phil Taylor def Rod Harrington 6-2
1996 - Phil Taylor def Dennis Priestley 6-4
1997 - Phil Taylor def Dennis Priestley 6-3
1998 - Phil Taylor def Dennis Priestley 6-0
1999 - Phil Taylor def Peter Manley 6-2
2000 - Phil Taylor def Dennis Priestley 7-3
2001 - Phil Taylor def John Part 7-0
2002 - Phil Taylor def Peter Manley 7-0
2003 - John Part def Phil Taylor 7-6
2004 - Phil Taylor def Kevin Painter 7-6
2005 - Phil Taylor def Mark Dudbridge 7-4
2006 - Phil Taylor def Peter Manley 7-0
2007 - Raymond van Barneveld def Phil Taylor 7-6
2008 - John Part def Kirk Shepherd 7-2
2009 - Phil Taylor def Raymond van Barneveld 7-1
2010 - Phil Taylor def Simon Whitlock 7-3
2011 - Adrian Lewis def Gary Anderson 7-5
2012 - Adrian Lewis def Andy Hamilton 7-3
2013 - Phil Taylor def Michael van Gerwen 7-4
2014 - Michael van Gerwen def Peter Wright 7-4
2015 - Gary Anderson def Phil Taylor 7-6
2016 - Gary Anderson def Adrian Lewis 7-5
2017 - Michael van Gerwen def Gary Anderson 7-3
2018 - Rob Cross def Phil Taylor 7-2
2019 - Michael van Gerwen def Michael Smith 7-3
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 22287
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on Mighty Mike's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by Rogg » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:27 am

Fiss Plaps wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:10 am
Rogg wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:06 am
Fiss Plaps wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:02 am
Rogg wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:52 am
Is 8 sets the fewest ever lost on the way to winning at Ally Pally?
No - Taylor's 4 in both 2009 and 2010.
You're fucking joking. No thank you.
I could scarcely believe it looking it up.

2009
L64 - Grubb 3-0
L32 - MVG 4-0
L16 - Painter 4-1
QF - Stompe 5-0
SF - King 6-2
F - Barney 7-1

2010
L64 - C. Monk 3-0
L32 - Hine 4-0
L16 - Thornton 4-1
QF - A. Lewis 5-0
SF - M. Webster 6-0
F - Whitlock 7-3
8 sets dropped across two editions, how lovely. I think the cunt was Dracula but even I lose a handle on the extent of his greatness. People are far too casual in their requirement that other players emulate his uncountable capabilities for cunting, as though he were some kind of normal person.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
PT13
Posts: 2593
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:14 pm
Location: Cwmbran, Wales
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on Mighty Mike's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by PT13 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:30 am

Rogg wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:52 am
Is 8 sets the fewest ever lost on the way to winning at Ally Pally?
No. It's 4, by Phil Taylor in 2009 and 2010.

Winners' runs at Ally Pally:

2008 - John Part
R64: John Part 3-1 Charles Losper
R32: John Part 4-1 Mensur Suljovic
R16: John Part 4-0 Alex Roy
QF: John Part 5-4 James Wade
SF: John Part 6-2 Kevin Painter
FR: John Part 7-2 Kirk Shepherd

10 sets dropped by John Part in 2008.

2009 - Phil Taylor
R64: Phil Taylor 3-0 Steve Grubb
R32: Phil Taylor 4-0 Michael van Gerwen
R16: Phil Taylor 4-1 Kevin Painter
QF: Phil Taylor 5-0 Co Stompe
SF: Phil Taylor 6-2 Mervyn King
FR: Phil Taylor 7-1 Raymond van Barneveld

4 sets dropped by Phil Taylor in 2009.

2010 - Phil Taylor
R64: Phil Taylor 3-0 Colin Monk
R32: Phil Taylor 4-0 Steve Hine
R16: Phil Taylor 4-1 Robert Thornton
QF: Phil Taylor 5-0 Adrian Lewis
SF: Phil Taylor 6-0 Mark Webster
FR: Phil Taylor 7-3 Simon Whitlock

4 sets dropped by Phil Taylor in 2010.

2011 - Adrian Lewis
R64: Adrian Lewis 3-0 Tony Eccles
R32: Adrian Lewis 4-1 Mark Dudbridge
R16: Adrian Lewis 4-1 Robert Thornton
QF: Adrian Lewis 5-2 Vincent van der Voort
SF: Adrian Lewis 6-4 Mark Webster
FR: Adrian Lewis 7-5 Gary Anderson

13 sets dropped by Adrian Lewis in 2011.

2012 - Adrian Lewis
R64: Adrian Lewis 3-2 Nigel Heydon
R32: Adrian Lewis 4-2 Robert Thornton
R16: Adrian Lewis 4-0 Wayne Jones
QF: Adrian Lewis 5-3 Terry Jenkins
SF: Adrian Lewis 6-5 James Wade
FR: Adrian Lewis 7-3 Andy Hamilton

15 sets dropped by Adrian Lewis in 2012.

2013 - Phil Taylor
R64: Phil Taylor 3-0 Michael Mansell
R32: Phil Taylor 4-1 Jerry Hendriks
R16: Phil Taylor 4-0 Robert Thornton
QF: Phil Taylor 5-0 Andy Hamilton
SF: Phil Taylor 6-4 Raymond van Barneveld
FR: Phil Taylor 7-4 Michael van Gerwen

9 sets dropped by Phil Taylor in 2013.

2014 - Michael van Gerwen
R64: Michael van Gerwen 3-0 Zoran Lerchbacher
R32: Michael van Gerwen 4-1 Kevin McDine
R16: Michael van Gerwen 4-3 Gary Anderson
QF: Michael van Gerwen 5-3 Mark Webster
SF: Michael van Gerwen 6-0 Adrian Lewis
FR: Michael van Gerwen 7-4 Peter Wright

11 sets dropped by Michael van Gerwen in 2014.

2015 - Gary Anderson
R64: Gary Anderson 3-1 Scott Kirchner
R32: Gary Anderson 4-3 Jelle Klaasen
R16: Gary Anderson 4-1 Cristo Reyes
QF: Gary Anderson 5-1 Peter Wright
SF: Gary Anderson 6-3 Michael van Gerwen
FR: Gary Anderson 7-6 Phil Taylor

15 sets dropped by Gary Anderson in 2015.

2016 - Gary Anderson
R64: Gary Anderson 3-0 Andy Boulton
R32: Gary Anderson 4-1 Daryl Gurney
R16: Gary Anderson 4-0 Vincent van der Voort
QF: Gary Anderson 5-1 James Wade
SF: Gary Anderson 6-0 Jelle Klaasen
FR: Gary Anderson 7-5 Adrian Lewis

7 sets dropped by Gary Anderson in 2016.

2017 - Michael van Gerwen
R64: Michael van Gerwen 3-0 Kim Viljanen
R32: Michael van Gerwen 4-2 Cristo Reyes
R16: Michael van Gerwen 4-1 Darren Webster
QF: Michael van Gerwen 5-1 Daryl Gurney
SF: Michael van Gerwen 6-2 Raymond van Barneveld
FR: Michael van Gerwen 7-3 Gary Anderson

9 sets dropped by Michael van Gerwen in 2017.

2018 - Rob Cross
R64: Rob Cross 3-0 Seigo Asada
R32: Rob Cross 4-3 Michael Smith
R16: Rob Cross 4-1 John Henderson
QF: Rob Cross 5-4 Dimitri van den Bergh
SF: Rob Cross 6-5 Michael van Gerwen
FR: Rob Cross 7-2 Phil Taylor

15 sets dropped by Rob Cross in 2018.

2019 - Michael van Gerwen
R64: Michael van Gerwen 3-1 Alan Tabern
R32: Michael van Gerwen 4-1 Max Hopp
R16: Michael van Gerwen 4-1 Adrian Lewis
QF: Michael van Gerwen 5-1 Ryan Joyce
SF: Michael van Gerwen 6-1 Gary Anderson
FR: Michael van Gerwen 7-3 Michael Smith

8 sets dropped by Michael van Gerwen in 2019.

Post Reply
Users browsing this forum: cannibal and 32 guests