The Greatest Show on Rob's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Chat and Gossip About Professional and Ever More Farcical BDO Darts
Post Reply
User avatar
The Thorn
Posts: 8191
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:36 pm
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on Rob's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by The Thorn » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:53 am

Yeah Ashton is stupidly overrated I think. See her around 9/4 while I would say realistically she should be around 5/1 IMO

Zeyes
Posts: 2104
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:07 pm
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on Rob's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by Zeyes » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:57 am

I'm looking forward to seeing how the international qualifiers compare to the Pro Tour rank and file in a reasonably long match format.

Leaving out the 8 qualifiers with tour cards (Burness, Burton, Hunt, Kirk, Lam, Marijanovic, Petersen, Rodriguez) and the 3 who qualified through domestic tours (Evetts, Harris, Nentjes), I wonder how many wins from the other 21 would constitute a good showing...

My feeble guess:

Nitin Kumar v Jeffrey de Zwaan
Lisa Ashton v Jan Dekker
Jose De Sousa v Michael Barnard
Raymond Smith v Alan Tabern
Boris Koltsov v Chris Dobey
Jim Long v Mickey Mansell
Jeff Smith v Josh Payne
Craig Ross v Toni Alcinas
Karel Sedlacek v Keegan Brown
Yordi Meeuwisse v William O’Connor
Yuanjun Liu v Brendan Dolan
Darius Labanauskas v Matthew Edgar
Paul Lim v Ross Smith
Lourence Ilagan v Vincent van der Voort
Anastasia Dobromyslova v Ryan Joyce
Daniel Larsson v Robert Thornton
Seigo Asada v Krzysztof Ratajski
James Bailey v Steve Lennon
Diogo Portela v Ron Meulenkamp
Chuck Puleo v Dimitri Van den Bergh
Noel Malicdem v Jeffrey de Graaf

User avatar
The Thorn
Posts: 8191
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:36 pm
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on Rob's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by The Thorn » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:18 am

Agree with those, even though I'm not sure Ilagan can keep up with VVDV. From the others I would say Jeff Smith and Larsson got a decent chance

User avatar
thegentle
Posts: 2270
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:52 am
Location: The city of the 120 finish
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on Rob's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by thegentle » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:02 pm

Malicdem has thrown some really good stuff on the Asian Tour as well, little stage experience that I know of, but he has a decent first round draw, I'd say he has a good chance against de Graaf
如果你爱飞镖,站起来!

User avatar
thegentle
Posts: 2270
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:52 am
Location: The city of the 120 finish
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on Rob's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by thegentle » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:05 pm

There's bound to be a shock somewhere as well, plenty of players who are good enough on their day to punish a tour player who dips below their best
如果你爱飞镖,站起来!

twathammer
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:16 pm
Location: Maidstone, Kent
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on Rob's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by twathammer » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:36 pm

I think Portela may have a shot over Meulenkamp.

Nobody mentioning Sedlacek over Brown though?
Fucking idiots, fucking everywhere

User avatar
tungsten tossers
Posts: 1743
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:09 pm
Location: Surrey
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on Rob's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by tungsten tossers » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:04 pm

thegentle wrote:There's bound to be a shock somewhere as well, plenty of players who are good enough on their day to punish a tour player who dips below their best
Lennon has got to fancy his chances against Norris and so has Keegan against Jelle.
Vvdv could turn over Darren Webster if he gets past Ilagan.

User avatar
The Thorn
Posts: 8191
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:36 pm
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on Rob's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by The Thorn » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:06 pm

Brown is inconsistent indeed but he did have some decent perfomances at the Grand Slam. We haven't seen much of Sedlacek honestly and I think Brown will be too much for him, even though I'd love to see the Czech win personally.

As for Portela, sadly I don't think he's anything more than an above-average Challenge Tour player at present. Only been playing the tour for a short time so I think he may improve but at present I don't see him beating Meulenkamp. Though Ron hasn't had a good year on TV

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 19456
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on Rob's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by Rogg » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:09 pm

twathammer wrote:Nobody mentioning Sedlacek over Brown though?
Wayne Mardle beat Sedlacek in Prague the other night...
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Mabbsy
Posts: 5624
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:18 pm
Location: Rural Wiltshire
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on Rob's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by Mabbsy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:11 pm

Steady on fellas, you're all posting about darts again :D

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 19456
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on Rob's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by Rogg » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:50 pm

Mabbsy wrote:Steady on fellas, you're all posting about darts again :D
Darts? This is a Columbo forum.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
The Thorn
Posts: 8191
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:36 pm
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on Rob's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by The Thorn » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:53 pm

Mabbsy wrote:Steady on fellas, you're all posting about darts again :D
We need to before they fuck up the update and shut down the place :D

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 74290
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on Rob's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by Randall » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:03 pm

The Thorn wrote:
Mabbsy wrote:Steady on fellas, you're all posting about darts again :D
We need to before they fuck up the update and shut down the place :D
Thursday evening........

User avatar
Safc
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:36 pm
Location: North East
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on Rob's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by Safc » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:42 am

Zeyes wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing how the international qualifiers compare to the Pro Tour rank and file in a reasonably long match format.

Leaving out the 8 qualifiers with tour cards (Burness, Burton, Hunt, Kirk, Lam, Marijanovic, Petersen, Rodriguez) and the 3 who qualified through domestic tours (Evetts, Harris, Nentjes), I wonder how many wins from the other 21 would constitute a good showing...

My feeble guess:

Nitin Kumar v Jeffrey de Zwaan
Lisa Ashton v Jan Dekker
Jose De Sousa v Michael Barnard
Raymond Smith v Alan Tabern
Boris Koltsov v Chris Dobey
Jim Long v Mickey Mansell
Jeff Smith v Josh Payne
Craig Ross v Toni Alcinas
Karel Sedlacek v Keegan Brown
Yordi Meeuwisse v William O’Connor
Yuanjun Liu v Brendan Dolan
Darius Labanauskas v Matthew Edgar
Paul Lim v Ross Smith
Lourence Ilagan v Vincent van der Voort
Anastasia Dobromyslova v Ryan Joyce
Daniel Larsson v Robert Thornton
Seigo Asada v Krzysztof Ratajski
James Bailey v Steve Lennon
Diogo Portela v Ron Meulenkamp
Chuck Puleo v Dimitri Van den Bergh
Noel Malicdem v Jeffrey de Graaf
Koltsov
Marijanovic
Meeuwisse
Labanauskas
Lim
Larsson

Are the ones i could see

User avatar
tungsten tossers
Posts: 1743
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:09 pm
Location: Surrey
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on Rob's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by tungsten tossers » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:24 pm

Jeff smith could beat Josh Payne and Malicdem is in with a shout over de Graaf
And hopefully Liu over Mr Green flannel

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 19456
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on Rob's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by Rogg » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:47 pm

Talksport will be covering the Worlds live from 20th December, apparently.

Probably not a coincidience that this is the day after Round 1 is completed. Personally I'm tremendously interested in Round 1.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

Zeyes
Posts: 2104
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:07 pm
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on Rob's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by Zeyes » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:49 pm

Rogg wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:47 pm
Personally I'm tremendously interested in Round 1.
Definitely not the same 32 players.

User avatar
Father Rout
Site Admin
Posts: 73380
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:24 am
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on Rob's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by Father Rout » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:53 pm

Only a few days then a Christmas and New Year feast of darts. Followed by the comedy club
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

User avatar
BeppeBergomi
Posts: 2505
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:49 pm
Location: Malta
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on Rob's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by BeppeBergomi » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:45 pm

Father Rout wrote:Only a few days then a Christmas and New Year feast of darts. Followed by the comedy club
Bring that on. This year I'm pretty confident about the Flying Scotsman's chances....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk


User avatar
PT13
Posts: 2451
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:14 pm
Location: Cwmbran, Wales
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Show on Rob's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by PT13 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:37 pm

BeppeBergomi wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:45 pm
Father Rout wrote:Only a few days then a Christmas and New Year feast of darts. Followed by the comedy club
Bring that on. This year I'm pretty confident about the Flying Scotsman's chances....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
If he can resist not going into meltdown when his opponents vary the pace of the game by walking slower to and from the oche :lol:

Post Reply
Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Fiss Plaps, Hutchy72, tungsten tossers and 26 guests