The Greatest Show on Mighty Mike's Green Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Rogg

Re: Massive PDC Worlds Changes Announced - 96 players!

Post by Rogg » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:56 pm

ITG wrote:As long as the early sessions are priced appropriately then I have no issues.

PDC leading the way globally as per usual.
A bold, futuristic structure to last a million years.

Anyway by the evening session on December 19th, the new Round 1 will be over and then it's business as usual. All can skip the first few days if frightened.
not a girl

ITG

Post by ITG » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:01 pm

Mushrooms seething as usual.

Not darts fans.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:01 pm

Fiss Plaps wrote:I'm guessing from how it's announced it'll be an unseeded first round (unless they purposefully do ProTour v Qualifier) with the seeds entering at round 2.
That's a big question. I don't think the article addresses it. Not sure what I'd want to happen there... if totally random, you could have things like Indian Qualifier v Chinese Qualifier followed by Ratajski v Dimitri, in the same round that is. Not necessarily a problem but the balance is odd.
not a girl

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:05 pm

Rogg wrote:
Fiss Plaps wrote:I'm guessing from how it's announced it'll be an unseeded first round (unless they purposefully do ProTour v Qualifier) with the seeds entering at round 2.
That's a big question. I don't think the article addresses it. Not sure what I'd want to happen there... if totally random, you could have things like Indian Qualifier v Chinese Qualifier followed by Ratajski v Dimitri, in the same round that is. Not necessarily a problem but the balance is odd.
You might also have the bizarre scenario where Michael Barnard could top the Challenge Tour Order of Merit AND qualify automatically through the ProTour. They'd surely have to give it to the second placed CT player then.

Although I'd rather see the Plodosaurus nowhere near the TV stage.
Last edited by Fiss Plaps on Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:05 pm

I would imagine all the Pro Tour players would be kept apart and be the "seeds" in that round, maybe even seeded 33 through 64 and the winner of the match Involving seed 33 would play seed 32 in the Last 64, and the winner of the match Involving seed 64 would get MvG...
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:07 pm

"all they have left"! Bit arsh. Well not really.
Mace saying the BDO should use this PDC move as a promotional opportunity. Wonderful way of looking at it, but this is the BDO...

Chris Mason @Chris180Mason 32m
@BarryHearn is there any rule in place that the women who play in the PDC worlds would be ineligible if the are playing in the BOD Womens worlds?

Barry Hearn @BarryHearn
No problem for us.

Chris Mason @Chris180Mason 26m
I thought that lol, was just checking.

Mark Daniels : Bigworm #SupportWorldDarts @SWDbigworm 22m
BDO will make an issue tho u can be sure if it

Chris Mason @Chris180Mason 21m
Just discussing that, they do have a rule in place which I advised they should amend, they have a huge opportunity to promote all they have left, and thats ladies darts.

Chris Mason @Chris180Mason
And thats why the BDO will never change with the times, if they have any issue with them playing its absolute madness, they have the opportunity to have 2 representatives in the biggest darts show on earth.
not a girl

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:09 pm

Rogg wrote:
I don't think they will seed the first round tbh.
I agree with what you say about potentially getting Ratty v Dimitri and A Indian v A Chinaman but it is no different with the ET qualifiers and PC events where Dimitri could play Noppie or JdZ

time will tell I suppose but what an opportunity for so many players

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:14 pm

Fiss Plaps wrote:
Rogg wrote:
You might also have the bizarre scenario where Michael Barnard could top the Challenge Tour Order of Merit AND qualify automatically through the ProTour. They'd surely have to give it to the second placed CT player then.

Things might be different now but they don't tend to go further down merit lists in these cases. Maybe they would give an extra spot to the PDPA Qualifier if Barnard qualifies twice.

Think they did this last year when Dimitri qualified through the Pro Tour spots and as youth world champ. Was it Jamie Lewis who took that 3rd spot at the PDPA Qualifier? Turned out quite well for him if so!
not a girl

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:16 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:I would imagine all the Pro Tour players would be kept apart and be the "seeds" in that round, maybe even seeded 33 through 64 and the winner of the match Involving seed 33 would play seed 32 in the Last 64, and the winner of the match Involving seed 64 would get MvG...
Maybe the first round will be seeded, highly doubt second round will follow that pattern, first round hasn't ever done that

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:18 pm

thegentle wrote:
The Ginge Reaper wrote:I would imagine all the Pro Tour players would be kept apart and be the "seeds" in that round, maybe even seeded 33 through 64 and the winner of the match Involving seed 33 would play seed 32 in the Last 64, and the winner of the match Involving seed 64 would get MvG...
Maybe the first round will be seeded, highly doubt second round will follow that pattern, first round hasn't ever done that
They haven't had a draw in recent times where half the names in the second round will be unknown and they have a mechanism to easily seed 32 of the 64 players in the first round: the one year list.

We shall see.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:18 pm

Rogg wrote:
Fiss Plaps wrote:
Rogg wrote:

Things might be different now but they don't tend to go further down merit lists in these cases. Maybe they would give an extra spot to the PDPA Qualifier if Barnard qualifies twice.

Think they did this last year when Dimitri qualified through the Pro Tour spots and as youth world champ. Was it Jamie Lewis who took that 3rd spot at the PDPA Qualifier? Turned out quite well for him if so!
Correct.. He got in due to Dimitri so I would assume they would do the same. There will be a hell of a lot of players trying for those two PDPA spots so if it increases to 3 or 4 it would make sense

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:19 pm

Rogg wrote:
Fiss Plaps wrote:
Rogg wrote:

In that case, I believe we could potentially have 6 spaces available at the PDPA qualifier if both Dev tour leaders are already qualified. As unlikely as that is, it could be utter madness!

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:21 pm

Rod Studd @Rod_Studd
I hope the BDO allow their best two women players to compete. Would be great to see the likes of Lisa Ashton + Fallon Sherrock at the Ally Pally. Would be brilliant for women’s darts.

Seems like total agreement everywhere that I've seen. Haha. Surely not even the BDO would be so bloody-minded, spiteful and stupid to muck this up.
not a girl

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:21 pm

Rogg wrote:Rod Studd @Rod_Studd
I hope the BDO allow their best two women players to compete. Would be great to see the likes of Lisa Ashton + Fallon Sherrock at the Ally Pally. Would be brilliant for women’s darts.

Seems like total agreement everywhere that I've seen. Haha. Surely not even the BDO would be so bloody-minded, spiteful and stupid to muck this up.
Maybe go and check the Fanatics before you make statements like the second paragraph :D

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:22 pm

tungsten tossers wrote:
Rogg wrote:
Fiss Plaps wrote:
Rogg wrote:

Correct.. He got in due to Dimitri so I would assume they would do the same. There will be a hell of a lot of players trying for those two PDPA spots so if it increases to 3 or 4 it would make sense
Actually, it'll be much smaller than last year, it's only for TC holders this year, and with more ProTour places, it leaves even fewer people to take part in the final qualifier, a maximum of 64

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:25 pm

thegentle wrote:
Rogg wrote:
Fiss Plaps wrote:
Rogg wrote:

In that case, I believe we could potentially have 6 spaces available at the PDPA qualifier if both Dev tour leaders are already qualified. As unlikely as that is, it could be utter madness!
Well these twatts seem to confirm that that's exactly what would happen! As tt confirms it was Jamie Lewis who took advantage of the extra PDPA spot last year and he was a star of the tournament, so it's not automatically a bad thing. (but muffinman klaxon)

Warren Allsworth @warrenallsworth 27m
How will field be filled to 96 if a qualifier qualifies already through ProTour or Order of Merit? Examples could be World Youth Champion or Challenge Tour winner.

Matthew Porter @MattPorter_PDC 14m
Rules document is on our website, explains everything. No change from previous years in that respect
not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:27 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:
Rogg wrote:Rod Studd @Rod_Studd

Maybe go and check the Fanatics before you make statements like the second paragraph :D
What a cruel recommendation :) but I've no doubt you're right about that.
not a girl

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:29 pm

Rogg wrote:Well these twatts seem to confirm that that's exactly what would happen! As tt confirms it was Jamie Lewis who took advantage of the extra PDPA spot last year and he was a star of the tournament, so it's not automatically a bad thing. (but muffinman klaxon)

Warren Allsworth @warrenallsworth 27m
How will field be filled to 96 if a qualifier qualifies already through ProTour or Order of Merit? Examples could be World Youth Champion or Challenge Tour winner.

Matthew Porter @MattPorter_PDC 14m
Rules document is on our website, explains everything. No change from previous years in that respect
AND YOUR THIRD PLACE QUALIFIER: JAMIE CAVEN!

On the subject of idiocy, a choice cut from the PDC Facebook page:

"It kinda makes the Order of Merit look rather pointless. A player could win the World Championship with a run of good luck and go from nowhere to top 5 in one tournament. Surely the Order of Merit should be a way to measure the longer term ability of a player against others, not just someone who had one good tournament."

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:29 pm

WHO SAW THIS COMING

Rod Studd @Rod_Studd
If the BDO allow their best 2 women to play, it’ll be a brilliant move to promote women’s darts and encourage more to play the game. That has to be a good thing Chris.

Chris Mason @Chris180Mason 12m
Absolutley, however I am hearing that the BDO will not allow them to compete in both, missing a huge opportunity if they go down that road.
not a girl

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:31 pm

Rogg wrote:WHO SAW THIS COMING

Rod Studd @Rod_Studd
If the BDO allow their best 2 women to play, it’ll be a brilliant move to promote women’s darts and encourage more to play the game. That has to be a good thing Chris.

Chris Mason @Chris180Mason 12m
Absolutley, however I am hearing that the BDO will not allow them to compete in both, missing a huge opportunity if they go down that road.
* * * PAULA JACKLIN LAKESHITE WILDCARD KLAXON * * *

Absolutely pathetic.