The Greatest Show on Mighty Mike's Green Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Safc

Re: The Greatest Show on Rob's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by Safc » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:54 pm

skweezit wrote:
Greipel wrote:Can Jiwa play in the Indian qualifier? Only player from there, who worth something.
no. he doesn't have Indian citizenship.
Amit Gilitwala is ok Unicorn gave him a deal as an upcoming prospect however his form is crap this year

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:45 am

Greipel wrote:What a douchebag Asada is, steals the spot from another Japanese player while he already qualified via the Asian Tour OoM.
but, but, but it opens the door for Paul "the Immortal" Lim's foot to toe that prestigious oche once again
and me wanna see.

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:02 am

Safc wrote:
skweezit wrote:
Greipel wrote:Can Jiwa play in the Indian qualifier? Only player from there, who worth something.
no. he doesn't have Indian citizenship.
Amit Gilitwala is ok Unicorn gave him a deal as an upcoming prospect however his form is crap this year
Akshay Mehta will be there competing too. He's a young'un signed by A-180 & L-style.

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:43 am

skweezit wrote:
Greipel wrote:What a douchebag Asada is, steals the spot from another Japanese player while he already qualified via the Asian Tour OoM.
but, but, but it opens the door for Paul "the Immortal" Lim's foot to toe that prestigious oche once again
and me wanna see.
Yeah tbf he's not stealing a place from anyone, if the Japanese players were good enough they'd have beaten him, plus every player in Asia has ample opportunities on the Asian Tour

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:29 am

Lim will play well at ally pally so I have no complaints.
Always enjoy seeing him play.

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:32 am

Randall wrote:Lim will play well at ally pally so I have no complaints.
Always enjoy seeing him play.
+1

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:25 pm

Its for the Japan National Championship as well
The Thorn wrote: ↑Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm
Rather top myself than watch 1 minute of this shite

Thorn about Modus Super Series in 2021 - He now is an avid fan

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:47 pm

oche balboa wrote:
Its for the Japan National Championship as well
Probably for a decent whack in prize money too

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:25 pm

Don't think there's any prize money. And "National Championship" is just some empty branding they introduced last year. It kind of made sense that time because there were like half a dozen routes to qualify for the final field of 16, and it was an actual elite field (by Japanese playing standards), but this year it was just a random open sign-up tournament so nothing "championship" about it.

So they could have easily barred Asada from playing in it, but the whole event was kind of an after-thought this year anyway after the PDC sprung the qualifier spot on the PDJ at short notice and they had to scramble to find an open date to play the tournament. It'll hopefully work better next year, including playing it after the end of the Asian Tour.

Anyway, the only people who will be calling Asada "the Japanese national champion" this year will be Sky's commentators at the worlds who don't know any better.

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:01 pm

Zeyes wrote:Don't think there's any prize money. And "National Championship" is just some empty branding they introduced last year. It kind of made sense that time because there were like half a dozen routes to qualify for the final field of 16, and it was an actual elite field (by Japanese playing standards), but this year it was just a random open sign-up tournament so nothing "championship" about it.

So they could have easily barred Asada from playing in it, but the whole event was kind of an after-thought this year anyway after the PDC sprung the qualifier spot on the PDJ at short notice and they had to scramble to find an open date to play the tournament. It'll hopefully work better next year, including playing it after the end of the Asian Tour.

Anyway, the only people who will be calling Asada "the Japanese national champion" this year will be Sky's commentators at the worlds who don't know any better.
Hopefully next year the format is kept the same, the big announcement was definitely a positive step, but yes, it would have made a lot of difference to a lot of places if they had announced the criteria earlier (no John Part)

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:08 am

Lim and Noel confirmed today then. Also Yordi added.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_PDC_ ... ampionship

17 of the 32 Others confirmed for Alexandra Palace. Yes, the venue is known already. Bizarre stuff.

Seigo Asada - PDJ Japanese Qualifier
Kevin Burness - Tom Kirby Memorial Irish Matchplay Champion
Lourence Ilagan - 2018 PDC Asian Tour
Tahuna Irwin - DPNZ Qualifier
Darius Labanauskas - PDC Nordic & Baltic
Royden Lam - 2018 PDC Asian Tour

Daniel Larsson - PDC Nordic & Baltic
Paul Lim - 2018 PDC Asian Tour
Jim Long - 2018 CDC Top ranked Canadian Player
Noel Malicdem - 2018 PDC Asian Tour
Yordi Meeuwisse - Western Europe Qualifier
Diogo Portela - South American Qualifier

Chuck Puleo - 2018 CDC Top ranked American Player
Rowby-John Rodriguez - South/East Europe Qualifier
Karel Sedláček - Eastern Europe Qualifier
Jeff Smith - North American Championship Winner
Raymond Smith - DPA Order of Merit 1st place
not a girl

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:21 am

I know it's a bit early but that list already looks much better than some of the international qualifier lists from years gone by.
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:31 pm

Just 2 Players Championships remain to affect the Pro Tour list... mess, Dimitri.

Burton DeWitt @bsd987
The race for the final few World Championship spots is extremely tight, with Wayne Jones, Dimitri Van den Bergh, Ross Smith, and Justin Pipe just hanging in with only one weekend left on the ProTour calendar.

not a girl

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:11 pm

I am going to work under the presumption that Cadby will withdraw.

Therefore, it looks like Pipe is going to make it unfortunately.
HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:25 am I will debate with anybody on here without becoming indignant and self righteous. I certainly never get angry.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:35 pm

sennafan24 wrote:I am going to work under the presumption that Cadby will withdraw.

It's a good point.

Or if Cadby withdraws after the draw has been made, I think his spot would go to the highest non-qualified player in the main OoM... which could be... Pipe again. In case you thought there was a god.
not a girl

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:04 pm

South/West qualifier this weekend, Justicia Perales will presumably be there as he's not playing in the Players Championship. No idea who else will be playing, probably be one or two other half-decent throwers

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:04 pm

Rogg wrote:
sennafan24 wrote:I am going to work under the presumption that Cadby will withdraw.

It's a good point.

Or if Cadby withdraws after the draw has been made, I think his spot would go to the highest non-qualified player in the main OoM... which could be... Pipe again. In case you thought there was a god.
Pipe is the god himself
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:28 pm

The Thorn wrote:
Rogg wrote:

It's a good point.

Pipe is the god himself
Fuck off Mushroom
HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:25 am I will debate with anybody on here without becoming indignant and self righteous. I certainly never get angry.

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:01 pm

Rogg wrote:

It's a good point.

I bet they'll delay the field announcement and draw just like they did when Kyle Anderson had his visa issues and ultimately couldn't make it. No chance they'll risk putting a main tour qualifier in the draw that might not be there.

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:12 pm

thegentle wrote:South/West qualifier this weekend, Justicia Perales will presumably be there as he's not playing in the Players Championship. No idea who else will be playing, probably be one or two other half-decent throwers
Entry list: http://dardos.180-darts.com/index.php/2 ... vila-2018/

About two dozen Portuguese, three from Gibraltar and one French guy in the field, all others from Spain. Justicia is listed three times for some reason.

Also, the African qualifying event has been confirmed:

(I almost posted an oche-style "the African qualifier has been confirmed" obfuscation, but I thought better of it.)