Premier League 2019

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
The Thorn

Re: Premier League 2019

Post by The Thorn » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:24 pm

I think it's quite logical that would both play more pro tour events.

Though I can't see Mensur not being picked for the PL. Anyway I think the guy is happy with his ranking now and will just concentrate mainly on doing well on TV, and value time with his family more. Sort of the same mindset Ando has.

Barney even if he does get picked, I presume has to play significantly more events. I don't care about him at all, I hope he never gets near the top 10 again.

There is a good chance that next year will be his last I think. Hopefully not with all the fanfare Phil got, that
would be tough to endure. Taylor even when he didn't give a fuck in the last few months was certainly entertaining. Barney has been bad to watch for years.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

twathammer

Post by twathammer » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:58 pm

The Thorn wrote:I think it's quite logical that would both play more pro tour events.

Though I can't see Mensur not being picked for the PL. Anyway I think the guy is happy with his ranking now and will just concentrate mainly on doing well on TV, and value time with his family more. Sort of the same mindset Ando has.

Barney even if he does get picked, I presume has to play significantly more events. I don't care about him at all, I hope he never gets near the top 10 again.

There is a good chance that next year will be his last I think. Hopefully not with all the fanfare Phil got, that
would be tough to endure. Taylor even when he didn't give a fuck in the last few months was certainly entertaining. Barney has been bad to watch for years.
Can't see Barney having a goodbye year to be honest - probably will tell everyone he will and then just fuck off after the PL has finished and vanish up his own arse
Fucking idiots, fucking everywhere

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:48 pm

twathammer wrote:
The Thorn wrote:I think it's quite logical that would both play more pro tour events.

Can't see Barney having a goodbye year to be honest - probably will tell everyone he will and then just fuck off after the PL has finished and vanish up his own arse
I'd love that

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:01 pm

I can see mensur playing more events if he was dropped from the PL.
I, too, feel it's an either/or situation for him because of family time.
would love to see him stay in the PL because he entertains me.
would love to see RVB stay in the PL because he also entertains me.
(yes, it is all about me and my entertainment after all)
If RVB gets dumped out, I don't think he'll really play much more.
they could still stick him in all the world series events.
crowds worldwide still love him.
He may make a stab at doing ET events, but in reality he's semi-retired already.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:13 pm

Is it time to bet that Dimi gets a place?
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:23 pm

Not after the year he has had sadly.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:31 pm

No chance for Dimitri at all, can barely qualify for the TV events. He won't get far in the professional game until he sorts his floor form out.

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:40 pm

Once Krzysztof Ratajski and Corey Cadby get to the finals of the world championship in January, it's going to be a really tough decision.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:12 pm

wtf is all this talk of menstruate not making the PL? He is more than likely to be ranked 6 after the worlds. He would be absolutely fucking retarded not to take the chance at the PL which he will be offered again. In a couple years when he turns to shit he can spend all the time in the world with his family. As a sportsmen you have to be making the money when your on top of your game, it only lasts a few years of making the really good money.

RVB has never shown an interest in playing ET's, in fact a few years ago he made a big stink about how the qualifying was run and wouldn't play them in protest. Barney isn't interested in doing the ET's in lieu of the PC's and he isn't good enough to rely mainly or solely on the ET's anyways.

smh you really spout some shit skweeshit. Hows that whole story about how long it takes to get the sport visa working out for you. still believing that shit too?
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

StevieBoy

Post by StevieBoy » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:51 pm

[quote="cannibal"]wtf is all this talk of menstruate not making the PL? He is more than likely to be ranked 6 after the worlds. He would be absolutely fucking retarded not to take the chance at the PL which he will be offered again. In a couple years when he turns to shit he can spend all the time in the world with his family. As a sportsmen you have to be making the money when your on top of your game, it only lasts a few years of making the really good money.

Totally agree look at Hamilton and Newton Former Premier League Players - The moral is:- Enjoy it while it lasts

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:48 am

I have to insist on the point that this year Barney does not deserve to get in the Premier League on the same grounds that Lewis, Wade and Chisnall did not get this year, (apart from the fact that he's not taking part in any floor tournaments unlike Gary who despite not making the European Tour he's at least bothering to turn up, and sometimes win, the Players Tournaments).

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:49 am

Randall wrote:Not after the year he has had sadly.
+1 Yesterday he got a real hiding.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:16 am

BeppeBergomi wrote:
Randall wrote:Not after the year he has had sadly.
+1 Yesterday he got a real hiding.

Playing like last night he would be competative.
It's the rest of the years form that's at issue.

topofthetops
Location: Not quite sure I think it used to be called England

Post by topofthetops » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:52 am

Price will get another shot I reckon based on his form last month or so. The fact the grand slam is so low quality gives him another chance to reach the semis if the draw is kind and then he only really needs a good showing at the world's. I reckon they'll possibly throw Hopp in if he wins a few rounds at Ally Pally purely to keep growing the brand in Germany.
Dave Chisnall - 10 years of making the hard part look easy and the easy part look impossible

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:24 pm

topofthetops wrote:Price will get another shot I reckon based on his form last month or so. The fact the grand slam is so low quality gives him another chance to reach the semis if the draw is kind and then he only really needs a good showing at the world's. I reckon they'll possibly throw Hopp in if he wins a few rounds at Ally Pally purely to keep growing the brand in Germany.
I'm not sure if I'd have Price in at the moment, he may have done slightly more than the other contenders, but he does have a big point to prove after this year. This is a huge opportunity for him, you'd have to say this event carries more weight than most in the business end of the season

topofthetops
Location: Not quite sure I think it used to be called England

Post by topofthetops » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:26 pm

thegentle wrote:
topofthetops wrote:Price will get another shot I reckon based on his form last month or so. The fact the grand slam is so low quality gives him another chance to reach the semis if the draw is kind and then he only really needs a good showing at the world's. I reckon they'll possibly throw Hopp in if he wins a few rounds at Ally Pally purely to keep growing the brand in Germany.
I'm not sure if I'd have Price in at the moment, he may have done slightly more than the other contenders, but he does have a big point to prove after this year. This is a huge opportunity for him, you'd have to say this event carries more weight than most in the business end of the season
You're probably right and as much as I would love to see him ditched as I cannot stand Price and his bully tactics I just think the fact he's upped his game at the business end might get him another shot. Fingers crossed he sinks at the world's.
Dave Chisnall - 10 years of making the hard part look easy and the easy part look impossible

Malanax

Post by Malanax » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:28 pm

Price is playing well, and at least has some form of personality on stage (all be it a bad one), every premier league needs a panto villain.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:46 pm

Hard to ignore prices form.
I too think hopp will be in.
Welcome to the forum.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:57 pm

I'm not 100% sure Barney is in. A lot of people said losing Philth would be tragic to the PL. It wasn't, and losing Barney won't be either. Time of transition is occurring. Not sure Hopp is ready yet. PDC will want to prevent him from being the victim of the PL massacre as they believe in that hype.

Wade is in more than likely, Price on the fence right now. PDC is praying for Chizzy and or Fatpot to have a good run in the GSOD and the Worlds
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:00 pm

His victory over mvg will give them an excuse to include him