Premier League 2019

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
tungsten tossers

Re: Premier League 2019

Post by tungsten tossers » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:51 pm

tungsten tossers wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:50 pm
The Thorn wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:35 pm Price said he would accept an invite. He'd be a fool not to.
I cannot see any player turning it down... it is too lucrative
Even though Wade has hinted that he may not accept, I think that is just his mind games in case he does not get offered a place.
Mensur would probably be the exception, due to family and travelling etc...

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:52 pm

Will be a load of Gimps saying Duzza should be invited soon
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:54 pm

Father Rout wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:52 pm Will be a load of Gimps saying Duzza should be invited soon
They tried that old chestnut when the Slam was on....
Thankfully the PL is announced before QS

DartJack Horseman

Post by DartJack Horseman » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:05 pm

thegentle wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:34 pm
BeppeBergomi wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:33 pm (...)
Thankfully karma took care of the fridge freezer in the Worlds btw.
If by 'karma' you mean an opponent that doesn't cry then yeah
hahaha snowflake ;) :)
The Thorn wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:35 pm Price said he would accept an invite. He'd be a fool not to.
Fool? Moron, idiot, imbecile so much cash...
I know, I know, they all "stand up, cause they love the darts" and play for the fun of it
just like Mike Conley... $30mil for what? He also loves his game and plays for fun...

DartJack Horseman

Post by DartJack Horseman » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:12 pm

tungsten tossers wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:50 pm I cannot see any player turning it down... it is too lucrative
Even though Wade has hinted that he may not accept, I think that is just his mind games in case he does not get offered a place.
Mensur would probably be the exception, due to family and grovelling etc...
I really can't understand him, maybe he thinks he's a Phil Taylor and will be in form for 25 years... He should cash in as much as he can. Ratajski had quit his job year ago and it was smart cause maybe he will turn into shit in 2 years time. But what he accomplished this year is quite impressive and he's been playing for so long now (soft etc.) so he knows he's playing darts of his life and NOW is the time to earn some cash.
If Mensur turns it down, he's an idiot IMO

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:22 pm

DartJack Horseman wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:12 pm
tungsten tossers wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:50 pm I cannot see any player turning it down... it is too lucrative
I really can't understand him, maybe he thinks he's a Phil Taylor and will be in form for 25 years... He should cash in as much as he can. Ratajski had quit his job year ago and it was smart cause maybe he will turn into shit in 2 years time. But what he accomplished this year is quite impressive and he's been playing for so long now (soft etc.) so he knows he's playing darts of his life and NOW is the time to earn some cash.
Mensur seems to be quite a humble type of bloke, who needs that family stability and work/life balance..
He doesn't seem to be that motivated by cash....
I would like to see him have another shot at it, as he didn't play that bad this year..
He just seemed to get everyone on their A game against him

Spudface

Post by Spudface » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:27 pm

DartJack Horseman wrote:
Spudface wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:24 pm MVG, Cross, Wright, Gurney, Gando, Price, Suljovic, Smith are in but Dimi instead of Wade?!? :shock:
I know he is twat but come on... Dimi did shit this year...
Not saying this is what it should be, just think it's possible Dimi gets in. In 2020 the PDC have a Premier league without Barney and Taylor and they might want to start hyping and promoting one of the next superstars. Has had a crap year but generally plays decent on telly, good to watch and marketable. Back to back youth Champion and I think a future World Champion. Wade's behaviour might actually count in his favour, I imagine Barry doesn't mind the publicity and having pantomime villains like Price and Wade.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:29 pm

Spudface wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:27 pm
DartJack Horseman wrote:
Spudface wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:24 pm MVG, Cross, Wright, Gurney, Gando, Price, Suljovic, Smith are in but Dimi instead of Wade?!? :shock:
I know he is twat but come on... Dimi did shit this year...
Not saying this is what it should be, just think it's possible Dimi gets in. In 2020 the PDC have a Premier league without Barney and Taylor and they might want to start hyping and promoting one of the next superstars. Has had a crap year but generally plays decent on telly, good to watch and marketable. Back to back youth Champion and I think a future World Champion. Wade's behaviour might actually count in his favour, I imagine Barry doesn't mind the publicity and having pantomime villains like Price and Wade.
No such thing as bad publicity

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:36 pm

It irritated me that Mensur turned it down 2 years ago, but I also understand or the impression I got was that his wife was going thru a difficult pregnancy and it was pretty serious so I give him a mulligan on that one as it is an easy one to give. Last year Mensur had a very good average, and only had a couple weeks he messed the bed but it was his first go at it and I truly think he thinks he doesn't deserve to be there. A year on and hopefully he gets it now, he is a top 10 player and shouldn't be rolling over to get his tummy tickled playing the likes of anyone in the top 10. I think he will have a better year in the PL in 2019.

Wade is a fucking head case, no surprise given what he is mentally dealing with. But he needs to find a balance using his meds and keeping a fire in his belly and keeping his anger tempered. Serious balancing act as it is a zero sum game he is playing with meds, alcohol, and keeping fire in his belly. Would like to see Wade in the PL and he probably deserves it with 2 wins he got on TV this year. Fully expect Wade to do some stupid shit in the PL, I mean 14 weeks something is just bound to happen...and more than once. Wade worth the entertainment value. Think he also benefits from it playing in the Majors and hopefully he will do the ET's as well.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

DartJack Horseman

Post by DartJack Horseman » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:40 pm

Too lazy to correct the quotations Spudface, Randall (!) ...
Wade over Dimi 95% SURE period

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:42 pm

The only place which is still under discussion is the Tenth one.... The Rest are all but settled I guess....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:42 pm

cannibal wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:36 pm It irritated me that Mensur turned it down 2 years ago, but I also understand or the impression I got was that his wife was going thru a difficult pregnancy and it was pretty serious so I give him a mulligan on that one as it is an easy one to give. Last year Mensur had a very good average, and only had a couple weeks he messed the bed but it was his first go at it and I truly think he thinks he doesn't deserve to be there. A year on and hopefully he gets it now, he is a top 10 player and shouldn't be rolling over to get his tummy tickled playing the likes of anyone in the top 10. I think he will have a better year in the PL in 2019.

Wade is a fucking head case, no surprise given what he is mentally dealing with. But he needs to find a balance using his meds and keeping a fire in his belly and keeping his anger tempered. Serious balancing act as it is a zero sum game he is playing with meds, alcohol, and keeping fire in his belly. Would like to see Wade in the PL and he probably deserves it with 2 wins he got on TV this year. Fully expect Wade to do some stupid shit in the PL, I mean 14 weeks something is just bound to happen...and more than once. Wade worth the entertainment value. Think he also benefits from it playing in the Majors and hopefully he will do the ET's as well.
I am not so sure Wade will act the twat against the big boys.. Certainly not MvG, Gando, barney,cross or crusty.. he might well avoid Price too.
Gurney maybe...
he will definitely spout some total garbage in the post match interviews though

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:43 pm

DartJack Horseman wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:40 pm Too lazy to correct the quotations Spudface, Randall (!) ...
Wade over Dimi 95% SURE period
Ah feck
Not like edit is anywhere near quote!

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:47 pm

I think it is the top 8 as the OOM stands now, right now today.
Barney I think is still up in the air, call me crazy. I think what helps him is he did announce he was going to do the Pro Tour, but how many times as he said he was going to do it all and he didn't?
Wade I think is also up in the air, given his antics in the Worlds.
Shitlock and Jizzy are the other two I think are in consideration. I would take Jizzy over Shitlock if it was my call.

Asp and Luke would have to win the worlds to get in.
We Desire Information.

DartJack Horseman

Post by DartJack Horseman » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:52 pm

cannibal wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:36 pm It irritated me that Mensur turned it down 2 years ago, but I also understand or the impression I got was that his wife was going thru a difficult pregnancy and it was pretty serious so I give him a mulligan on that one
I am new to darts so didn't know... ok, excused
but now? He surely must accept it, money is also for his wife and kids do not fool ourselves
cannibal wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:36 pm Wade is a fucking head case, no surprise given what he is mentally dealing with.
Call me insensible but I HATE pro athletes (if you can call that a belly UK guy throwing something with his fucking arm) going this way
Cannot handle it? Fuck off, get a year off, drink some pills, kill yourself whatever you like. All fine with me.
cannibal wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:36 pm Serious balancing act as it is a zero sum game he is playing with meds, alcohol, and keeping fire in his belly.
What? My English is not perfect, he is AA on meds or what?

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:52 pm

I think Lewis could also be in consideration, a long shot but still in it as much as Asp and Luke are, who would have to win it all.
We Desire Information.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:08 pm

DartJack Horseman wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:52 pm
Call me insensible but I HATE pro athletes (if you can call that a belly UK guy throwing something with his fucking arm) going this way
Cannot handle it? Fuck off, get a year off, drink some pills, kill yourself whatever you like. All fine with me.
cannibal wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:36 pm Serious balancing act as it is a zero sum game he is playing with meds, alcohol, and keeping fire in his belly.
What? My English is not perfect, he is AA on meds or what?
I hear you on the handling it concerning Wade. But otoh Wade isn't working with a normal brain, so typical approaches and plain old maturity and experience aren't enough. My understanding is given what he has the meds he is most likely on are evening out the highs and lows. i.e. it works to make him indifferent to things, and this kills the competitive nature aka the fire in the belly. The effect of the meds of evening out things should help him to cope with things in a more "normal" manner. Add alcohol usage to the mix and that makes things even more unpredictable, depending on how alcohol affects him of course. Often times people who thrive on the passion or the high episodes, go off or reduce their meds which increases the swings but they feel the emotions more intensely which is what they miss and why they mess with their meds. Add to that often times it takes time for the doctor to find the right levels of dosage or change meds given over time the effects diminish or they try to deal with other issues.
We Desire Information.

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:35 am

Forgive me for being insensitive, but if you're on meds and drinking and then act like a tool, surely that's your fault. Would at least sympathise a bit if he were sober

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:38 am

DartJack Horseman wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:12 pm
Wow...what would Krzysztof have done if hadn't done the double that ProTour weekend? Very possible we'd be here now talking about him having to go back to Q-School!

DartJack Horseman

Post by DartJack Horseman » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:38 am

thegentle wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:35 am Forgive me for being insensitive, but if you're on meds and drinking and then act like a tool, surely that's your fault. Would at least sympathise a bit if he were sober
So was he drunk?? Didn't read about it much...

About Rat... I am not saying he is a top player, I just said that he had the balls to quit good job (as far as I know) and pursuit his "dream" or whatever. He got lucky obviously in the end.
Mensur MUST try to earn as much as he can, cause maybe he will be earning 30k a year from 2023 onwards...