Mental van Goebbels

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Potter's Lake

Mental van Goebbels

Post by Potter's Lake » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:25 pm

He fucked up his last chance to prove that he could one day claim to be the greatest, so he knows that he'll forever be in Phil's shadow, and that's eating away at him inside. He has nothing left to prove, no matter how long he plays for, so all he can do is humiliate and belittle the lesser mortals that face him, the ultimate Big Fish Syndrome that makes even the mincer and the invertebrates look like tiddlers. He's started to piss around a lot more because he knows he can beat everyone, except the demons.

Fiss Plaps

Re: Mental van Goebbels

Post by Fiss Plaps » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:55 pm

Even if he had made the Worlds final and beaten Phil, he would never surpass him as the greatest.

I think once he gets past Barney's 5 world titles he'll pack it in and call it a day.
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:40 am

Interesting op.
Certainly something I'd going on in his head.
The odd out shots are possibly designed to try and keep him interested against lesser players, when he is doing it against the likes of gurney its bizzarre.
To be fair he could have beaten Taylor 7-0 in the world final and it wouldn't gave changed the goat argument.
No doubt last years losses to Taylor hurt him and his results in the majors last year was by his standards poor.
Taylor retired with a winning h2h against him didn't he?
Doubt he will be pissing about cone Blackpool etc.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:38 am

Randall wrote:To be fair he could have beaten Taylor 7-0 in the world final and it wouldn't gave changed the goat argument.
That's more like it. I don't understand why people so casually set up Phil Taylor as some unremarkable obstacle that could or even should be toppled I mean PHIL TAYLOR right I remember that player. All games and sports being equal, anyone who sits second behind Taylor in the all-time darts list is a great across all history. It's Wolfie at the moment but MVG is gaining.
not a girl

Clownin

Post by Clownin » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:10 pm

Rogg wrote:
Randall wrote:To be fair he could have beaten Taylor 7-0 in the world final and it wouldn't gave changed the goat argument.
That's more like it. I don't understand why people so casually set up Phil Taylor as some unremarkable obstacle that could or even should be toppled I mean PHIL TAYLOR right I remember that player. All games and sports being equal, anyone who sits second behind Taylor in the all-time darts list is a great across all history. It's Wolfie at the moment but MVG is gaining.
[youtube][/youtube]

Wolfiie...that's laughable at best. "Have a popsicle."

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:12 pm

Whoosh!!!!
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:43 pm

Well played rogg

Potter's Lake

Post by Potter's Lake » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:32 pm

Rogg stop toying with the inmates.
Sure, but in his head it would.

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:08 am

Randall wrote:Interesting op.
Certainly something I'd going on in his head.
The odd out shots are possibly designed to try and keep him interested against lesser players, when he is doing it against the likes of gurney its bizzarre.
To be fair he could have beaten Taylor 7-0 in the world final and it wouldn't gave changed the goat argument.
No doubt last years losses to Taylor hurt him and his results in the majors last year was by his standards poor.
Taylor retired with a winning h2h against him didn't he?
Doubt he will be pissing about cone Blackpool etc.
I'm sure he'll be well up for the Phil Taylor Trophy lol

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:27 am

I'd forgotten about that.
That will play with his mind come July.