Threads Worth Preserving
Sin

Re: Waiting For The BDO Family Potters Piss Up Jamboree Draw

Post by Sin » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:41 pm

Tommo wrote:
The Ginge Reaper wrote:
Tommo wrote:
The Ginge Reaper wrote:
Zeyes wrote:The BDO might have officially become a cargo cult. I mean, there's nothing technically wrong with pre-recording the draw and the videos as such are professionally done, but everything else about how they've gone about it just screams "not only do we not have any clue what we're doing, we don't even have any clue why we're doing it".
Wouldn't be surprised if it was filmed weeks ago and Channel 4 kept messing them around saying they would find a spot soon to put it on telly and would tell the BDO soon what that date was, before giving up and saying "nah, we are just gonna show it on the website instead".
Wayne thinking the same then, good lad :D

Who did the draw? Was it Little Richard?

Maybe someone should ask him when it was filmed :)
Him and Fordham I think.
I wish the PDC would fuck the little cunt off

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:13 pm

Little Richard looks like Scott Mitchell's mini-me.
HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:25 am I will debate with anybody on here without becoming indignant and self righteous. I certainly never get angry.

D'Artagnan

Post by D'Artagnan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:14 pm

Yep, Tricky Dickie was in on the lies but chose to keep his gob shut. Sickening..

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:36 am

Just reading through the comments on the BDO FB page this morning under the draw.

"Where is Ratajski?"
"Where is Tony O'Shea?" (two people)
"I thought Martin Adams had retired?"
"Is this on TV?"
"Has Ted Hankey not qualified?" (Jesus fuck, of he isnt named in the draw then yes!)
"Where is Jeff Smith?"

Christ sake!!!!
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:46 am

It's Facebook, so these aren't exactly people who follow darts in-depth. Add in that the BDO basically makes it impossible to follow its goings-on on a casual level, and you end up with this situation: A small number of geeks like us who know everything that's going on, and the entire rest who don't know any of it.

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:07 pm

Zeyes wrote:It's Facebook, so these aren't exactly people who follow darts in-depth. Add in that the BDO basically makes it impossible to follow its goings-on on a casual level, and you end up with this situation: A small number of geeks like us who know everything that's going on, and the entire rest who don't know any of it.
Or retards as commonly known.
They're all here!

Surreys finest

Post by Surreys finest » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:10 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:Just reading through the comments on the BDO FB page this morning under the draw.

"Where is Ratajski?"
"Is this on TV?"
"Has Ted Hankey not qualified?" (Jesus fuck, of he isnt named in the draw then yes!)
"Where is Jeff Smith?"

Christ sake!!!!
In fairness, it was you asking all these questions just to troll :D
"John Walton trying out Q school is like a vicar trying gangsta rap"

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:53 pm

Can't remember a thing about the actual draw now. Which in a way says it all. Looking forward to Fordham's match anyway.
not a girl

KingMervtheFirst

Post by KingMervtheFirst » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:04 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:Just reading through the comments on the BDO FB page this morning under the draw.

"Where is Ratajski?"
"Is this on TV?"
"Where is Jeff Smith?"

Christ sake!!!!
The fourth question is surely the most telling.

I've actually heard of a higher proportion of the players in the women's tournament than in the men's. I guess that's not surprising, as the women's has always been dominated by about half a dozen or so of the same names, whereas various nonentities can creep through into the men's and often even have a good run (particularly in recent years).

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:24 pm

Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

The Viper

Re: The BDO Family Potters Piss Up Jamboree 2018

Post by The Viper » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:33 pm

Rest assured they will "all be here" with their "lovely smiles".

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:34 pm

The Viper wrote:Rest assured they will "all be here" with their "lovely smiles".
Those that have any teeth.
Welcome aboard.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:36 pm

The Viper wrote:Rest assured they will "all be here" with their "lovely smiles".
Why have you names yourself after a convicted child rapist?

The Viper

Post by The Viper » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:42 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:
When the viper strikes be afraid.

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:26 pm

Richard Ashdown Neil, just to clarify, the draw was prerecorded at the request of IMG (Channel 4) purely for production value, so they could overlay the graphics and add some archive footage.

“Listen very carefully, the draws were done only once!” As live, no editing, no autocue, one take only. I agree with your points about the BDO. I’m sure they’re as disappointed as the players are that it went online earlier than originally stated. It’s a real shame that the most professional production of a BDO draw that I’ve been involved with has been overshadowed by the timing of its release.

Show More Reactions
· Reply ·

6 · 6 hrs
They're all here!

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:27 pm

Tommo wrote:Richard Ashdown Neil, just to clarify, the draw was prerecorded at the request of IMG (Channel 4) purely for production value, so they could overlay the graphics and add some archive footage.

“Listen very carefully, the draws were done only once!” As live, no editing, no autocue, one take only. I agree with your points about the BDO. I’m sure they’re as disappointed as the players are that it went online earlier than originally stated. It’s a real shame that the most professional production of a BDO draw that I’ve been involved with has been overshadowed by the timing of its release.

Show More Reactions
· Reply ·

6 · 6 hrs
Any lovely replies?

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:30 pm

Neil Birkin Fair points and to be honest it is only because I know of your total and complete professionality that this draw is above question. However - as a procedure I think it is flawed and should not be taken as future practice.

Johnny Stefano So then why when the BDO realised the draw was being done early didn’t anyone from the BDO take to social media to at least let everyone know, at the very least they would have covered their arses rather than face the humiliation they had to endure yesterday

Martin Barr When the draw is being done surely anybody that’s in the draw ,the players should have had the opportunity to be there, then they would know it’s all above board .but saying that can’t see why it’s not as it doesn’t benefit anyone.

Neil Birkin I believe that this draw is beyond question simply down to who did it. However I can think of numerous reasons why such a draw shouldn't be done this way - which draws make good telly for instance.

Bill Fleming My cat had kittens can I blame BDO it happen at a county weekend
They're all here!

D'Artagnan

Post by D'Artagnan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:26 pm

Tricky trying to cover his own arse there. Fly with the crows, shot with the crows. Guilty as charged..

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:29 pm

D'Artagnan wrote:Tricky trying to cover his own arse there. Fly with the crows, shot with the crows. Guilty as charged..
I remember when the WDT happened and the various issues with that (no crowd, no TV final coverage).

He effectively called the BDO useless without saying it as he would have lost his job. Must be fuming inside but don't blame him for taking the money and putting up with it. Works for both sides so has no loyalty.

ITG

Post by ITG » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:31 pm

The Viper wrote:
The Ginge Reaper wrote:
When the viper strikes be afraid.
asl?