The BDO Family Potters Piss Up Jamboree 2018

Threads Worth Preserving
Rogg

Re: The BDO Family Potters Piss Up Jamboree 2018

Post by Rogg » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:38 pm

Randall wrote:
Rogg wrote:
PT13 wrote:
Rogg wrote:As much of a wibbling, traumatised wreck as Glen appears bless him, he seems curiously unbeatable. Never for a moment felt like Jimbo and McJobbery would seal the deal here, and the same goes for Crocodile Dunwee last year. Vulnerable as hell, 200k in the bank. Great business.
I thought McGeeney had him towards the end, providing that he wasn't completely outscored by Durrant, as Durrant's bottle is a bit flaky like Adams' before 2007. McGeeney was finishing much better, and he was battling. Durrant did well after McGeeney missed the championship darts.
ooh did you? I really didn't. I don't trust anybody in that field to seal anything. The entire bottom half of the draw should be shot.
Agreed and fixed
Harsh and a waste of ammunition but fair

Mind you I was totally convinced that Smith and MVG were getting rid of Cross. Everyone misses.
not a girl

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:40 pm

Rogg wrote:
PT13 wrote:
Rogg wrote:As much of a wibbling, traumatised wreck as Glen appears bless him, he seems curiously unbeatable. Never for a moment felt like Jimbo and McJobbery would seal the deal here, and the same goes for Crocodile Dunwee last year. Vulnerable as hell, 200k in the bank. Great business.
I thought McGeeney had him towards the end, providing that he wasn't completely outscored by Durrant, as Durrant's bottle is a bit flaky like Adams' before 2007. McGeeney was finishing much better, and he was battling. Durrant did well after McGeeney missed the championship darts.
ooh did you? I really didn't. I don't trust anybody in that field to seal anything. The entire bottom half of the draw should be shot into the lake.
Agreed and fixed once more.

The highest average of the entire bottom half was 95.07 from Warren against Harms in Round 1; 95+ was achieved 7 times in the top half (4 Durrant, 2 Mitchell, 1 Labanauskas). Three players didn't even record 80 averages. The Unterbuchner run is more ridiculous when you realise he out-averaged everyone bar Veenstra and McGeeney, and even those were under half a point away.

It's even worse in an image:

Just imagine if it said "Mark McGeeney - 7" at the end.
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

paolo2144

Post by paolo2144 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:26 am

Just found this link if he carries on playing like this in his year's exhibition circuit surely he might be tempted to try and qualify for Lakeside and get that elusive 17th world title :D

http://dartsnews.com/phil-taylor-starts ... ition-win/

Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:21 am

paolo2144 wrote:Just found this link if he carries on playing like this in his year's exhibition circuit surely he might be tempted to try and qualify for Lakeshite and get that elusive 17th world title :D

http://dartsnews.com/phil-taylor-starts ... ition-win/
No way would Phil stoop that low. However get on a Duzza-Hammer final next year.
"The United States will be the first nation to land an astronaut on Nars"

WittyDartsNickname

Post by WittyDartsNickname » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:44 am

Been a long time reader on here and TSOD, but only registered here. I've had more than enough beers today/tonight as I'm not at graft in morning, but more importantly; I felt it was fitting for my first post to comment on the shower of shite we lovingly call the BDO World Professional Championship. I've got nothing against any of them or the players, but for them to still have the audacity to call it the World Pro, is laughable. Got a load of shit off somebody on Facebook saying anybody who slags the BDO should get up there and do better if that's easy. Told the mentally handicapped, 6 fingered mutant that that isn't the point. Asked him if he'd ever criticised a Premier League footy match or a Super League RL match. No reply. The point is, those slagging the standard of the BDO World PROFESSIONAL Championships aren't pretending to be the best in the world. Whereas those who qualified, and the delusional loyalists who swear by it, would happily sit in their straight jacket for the rest of their life defending the so called elite. Sorry for the first post rant chaps, looking forward to waking up in morning with an awful hangover and a ton of abuse from you all.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:19 am

Welcome and I shed a little tear reading that. Restored my faith in humanity, that all is not lost to the mushrooms. We use to ask only for consistency but alas I fear that great cause had no hope. Now we only ask that you stop calling yourself a fucking professional when your obviously fucking shit and a useless cunt.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

Robert Ross

Post by Robert Ross » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:30 am

I might be confusing threads, but fuck off and die?

Robert Ross

Post by Robert Ross » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:23 am

WittyDartsNickname wrote:Perfect.
Yes, Lakeshite was close to perfect this year..

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:25 am

WittyDartsNickname wrote:Been a long time reader on here and TSOD, but only registered here. I've had more than enough beers today/tonight as I'm not at graft in morning, but more importantly; I felt it was fitting for my first post to comment on the shower of shite we lovingly call the BDO World Professional Championship. I've got nothing against any of them or the players, but for them to still have the audacity to call it the World Pro, is laughable. Got a load of shit off somebody on Facebook saying anybody who slags the BDO should get up there and do better if that's easy. Told the mentally handicapped, 6 fingered mutant that that isn't the point. Asked him if he'd ever criticised a Premier League footy match or a Super League RL match. No reply. The point is, those slagging the standard of the BDO World PROFESSIONAL Championships aren't pretending to be the best in the world. Whereas those who qualified, and the delusional loyalists who swear by it, would happily sit in their straight jacket for the rest of their life defending the so called elite. Sorry for the first post rant chaps, looking forward to waking up in morning with an awful hangover and a ton of abuse from you all.
Welcome aboard Sir, you will fit in just fine on here.
Twelve months until we have to suffer it again at least.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:46 am

Just out of interest: what was the highest viewership on the YouTube stream during the final, for anyone watching it that way?
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Sensur Muljovic

Post by Sensur Muljovic » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:53 am

The Ginge Reaper wrote:Just out of interest: what was the highest viewership on the YouTube stream during the final, for anyone watching it that way?
I watched it that way and I believe 12-13k was the max. It has also been 3-4 k at times. Usually during the day.

Sensur Muljovic

Post by Sensur Muljovic » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:00 pm

WittyDartsNickname wrote:Perfect.
Welcome aboard!

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:08 pm

Still awaiting an overnight viewing figure but the programme after the darts:

SAS: Who Dares Wins: 1.50m (6.8%) exc. +1

Last year the programme after the darts got 1.68m, and 1.84m when +1 viewing was accounted for.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:10 pm

Sensur Muljovic wrote:
The Ginge Reaper wrote:Just out of interest: what was the highest viewership on the YouTube stream during the final, for anyone watching it that way?
I watched it that way and I believe 12-13k was the max. It has also been 3-4 k at times. Usually during the day.
Thought I saw 16-17k late in the match
"The United States will be the first nation to land an astronaut on Nars"

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:12 pm

Captain Hobo wrote:
Sensur Muljovic wrote:
Either way, its lame.

Sensur Muljovic

Post by Sensur Muljovic » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:18 pm

Its not the millions they claimed no, I guess they prefer illegal streams over a perfectly working YouTube stream ...

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:54 pm

Little Richard didn't say "Professional" at the presentations after the final
He's not as deluded as the mushrooms are
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:13 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:
Captain Hobo wrote:
Sensur Muljovic wrote:
Either way, its lame.
Thru out the week when I was looking at the youtube stream was seeing mostly figures in the 4-6K range. I always tried to take note of it. I didn't watch the final on youtube so no idea. Given that this wasn't going around the world like previous years the fact that it wasn't 3 or 4 times that number shows nobody, ok very few give a fuck about this event internationally.

Would like to know the BBC America numbers for the PDC WC, stream and broadcast, someone hit up Uncle Barry on the old Twatter and ask. I would bet that number was at a minimum in the 60 or 70k region just for the colonies market.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

D'Artagnan

Post by D'Artagnan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:24 pm

WittyDartsNickname wrote:Been a long time reader on here and TSOD, but only registered here. I've had more than enough beers today/tonight as I'm not at graft in morning, but more importantly; I felt it was fitting for my first post to comment on the shower of shite we lovingly call the BDO World Professional Championship. I've got nothing against any of them or the players, but for them to still have the audacity to call it the World Pro, is laughable. Got a load of shit off somebody on Facebook saying anybody who slags the BDO should get up there and do better if that's easy. Told the mentally handicapped, 6 fingered mutant that that isn't the point. Asked him if he'd ever criticised a Premier League footy match or a Super League RL match. No reply. The point is, those slagging the standard of the BDO World PROFESSIONAL Championships aren't pretending to be the best in the world. Whereas those who qualified, and the delusional loyalists who swear by it, would happily sit in their straight jacket for the rest of their life defending the so called elite. Sorry for the first post rant chaps, looking forward to waking up in morning with an awful hangover and a ton of abuse from you all.
No abuse from me, welcome to the forum..