PL 2018

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
sennafan24

Re: PL 2018

Post by sennafan24 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:16 pm

Surrey has gone missing for lengthy periods before. He will probably be back soon.
oche balboa wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:58 am Would be a cold day in hell before you two have a disagreement. I thought you was the same person. perhaps you are brothers

Who knows....

Who cares.....

Wolflanternbumbag

Post by Wolflanternbumbag » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:31 am

I think he appeared in the brown bread thread..
YORKSHIRE GRIT

Sin

Post by Sin » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:38 pm

Robert Ross wrote:
Why did he fuck off?
Operation Yewtree ?
Last edited by Sin on Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sin

Post by Sin » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:39 pm

Sensur Muljovic wrote:
Robert Ross wrote:
The Thorn wrote:
Sensur Muljovic wrote:
Tommo wrote:
Bit unfair, he hasn't been here for weeks.
True that. In reality, I miss him. Do you reckon he still thinks about us, from time to time?? :shock:
He does about you, apparently
In fact he thinks you're a cunt
Why did he fuck off?
Don't think anyone fucking cares ? Might be he just got bored, I hope he got killed and bummed by Arabs in that order and his organs are now sold in Kebab shops

Your guess is as good as mine...
:shock:

miguelking

Post by miguelking » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:08 am

Could be a tricky few months for Cross

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:20 pm

miguelking wrote:Could be a tricky few months for Cross
Can't see him not getting to the semis to be honest
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

PT13

Post by PT13 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:26 pm

Some people are such empiricists, i.e. dominated by present moods. I stand by my prediction that Cross wins another major in 2018, and probably a big one, perhaps even the Premier League.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:32 pm

PT13 wrote:Some people are such empiricists, i.e. dominated by present moods. I stand by my prediction that Cross wins another major in 2018, and probably a big one, perhaps even the Premier League.
empiricist doesn't mean that at all. Empiricist is an idea that knowledge (or at least important or relevant knowledge) comes from observed phenomena, or experineced phenomena, i.e. what we see/experience in the natural world, as in science.

fucking expert my ass lol
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:37 pm

Think he'll find it difficult at first, but once the initial media buzz is over, Cross will be fine. He's too good not to be a contender, assuming he stays hungry (which he surely will, there's a whole host of tournaments he's yet to win). Besides, it's not as if there are that many people knocking on the door behind him

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:47 pm

thegentle wrote:Think he'll find it difficult at first, but once the initial media buzz is over, Cross will be fine. He's too good not to be a contender, assuming he stays hungry (which he surely will, there's a whole host of tournaments he's yet to win). Besides, it's not as if there are that many people knocking on the door behind him
The guy's still learning his trade and learning fast
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:56 pm

I think it comes down to how Cross deals with the burden of the world title and all the bullshit it entails, like expectations, media, blah blah blah. Given that Cross is new to the whole scene, I think he has a bit of a lull in his performance as he adjusts to all this. His talent is certainly there it will take him some time to get his head around the situation and let his talent pull his head thru the process. Excellent odds he wins another major this year, but think he will mess the bed in a few ET's and minor events along the way till we get to like end of September or so, then I think he comes good.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:09 pm

Father Rout wrote:
thegentle wrote:Think he'll find it difficult at first, but once the initial media buzz is over, Cross will be fine. He's too good not to be a contender, assuming he stays hungry (which he surely will, there's a whole host of tournaments he's yet to win). Besides, it's not as if there are that many people knocking on the door behind him
He is still learning and it will do him good to lose a few games to slow down the hype a bit.
Knowing what Sky are like, they are going to go into overdrive with the hype in the premier league and it will be interesting how Rob deals with it.
As Rout says, he is too good player to fail and as Gando and Wright are not exactly on form there is only really MvG to challenge him for the majors at the mo.
I am sure he will have a good year and once the reality sets in of what he has actually achieved in 2017 he can relax and continue being himself.
He seems pretty level headed and looks a bit embarrassed at times with all the hype.

It should be a great year with a lot of top players out of form and the guys knocking on the door of the top 10 not really showing much potential
I am looking forward to it

Sensur Muljovic

Post by Sensur Muljovic » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:27 pm

tungsten tossers wrote:
Father Rout wrote:

As Rout says
:mrgreen:

miguelking

Post by miguelking » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:33 pm

I think he is a good player, but I think we shall see the flaws in his game come out over 2018. He was shite vs Mensur.( I know it was one game). I don't think he will be a constant performer like MVG/Cunt Phil over YEARS at a time

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:38 pm

He has set the bar ridiculously high for himself and others expectations of him.
He is still on a free roll this year where everything is a bonus.
The challenge starts in twelve months.

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:44 pm

Regardless of how good Cross turns out to be in the long haul, I am rooting for him. Darts would be more pleasurable to follow without one player dominating. At the moment, Cross is the only player who has the potential to rival MVG on a consistent basis.

I can't take Barney, Wright or Gando seriously as a consistent challenge to MVG. Wright is firmly in MVG's back pocket. Barney and Gando only trouble him fleetingly, and even then often come out on the wrong end of things. Lewis should be a thorn in MVG's side, but we all know the score with him at the moment.

So yeah, I hope Cross wins on Thursday night, and does very well at the UK Open in March.
oche balboa wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:58 am Would be a cold day in hell before you two have a disagreement. I thought you was the same person. perhaps you are brothers

Who knows....

Who cares.....

Hutchy72

Post by Hutchy72 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:10 pm

There's little to dislike about Cross tbf, comes across genuine in front of a microphone and has the requisite minerals to go far in the game.
How he shapes up after a dip in form is anyone's guess, hopefully he's here to stay and make life uncomfortable for the prozzie riding Dutch hunchback.
With Taylor gone, a new face that won't just fucking roll over like the painted spastic and the yawning postman, is a welcome sight indeed.

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:16 pm

Hutchy72 wrote:There's little to dislike about Cross tbf, comes across genuine in front of a microphone and has the requisite minerals to go far in the game.
How he shapes up after a dip in form is anyone's guess, hopefully he's here to stay and make life uncomfortable for the prozzie riding Dutch hunchback.
With Taylor gone, a new face that won't just fucking roll over like the painted spastic and the yawning postman, is a welcome sight indeed.
I would like to think that Michael Smith could have the game to trouble the big boys but he reminds me of Lewis too much. If things aren't going his way he just seems to throw the towel in
But he has talent and if he can sort his head out, in more ways than one, he could be a thorn in the side of both mvg and cross

Safc

Post by Safc » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:30 pm

I think the euro tour could see a few shocks this year mvg will not play them all Gando and Barney prob not going to bother playing them again this year and Lewis and Wade have to play qualifies just to get there and on there current form that looks like an up hill battle

Sin

Post by Sin » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:49 pm

cannibal wrote:
PT13 wrote:Some people are such empiricists, i.e. dominated by present moods. I stand by my prediction that Cross wins another major in 2018, and probably a big one, perhaps even the Premier League.
empiricist doesn't mean that at all. Empiricist is an idea that knowledge (or at least important or relevant knowledge) comes from observed phenomena, or experineced phenomena, i.e. what we see/experience in the natural world, as in science.

fucking expert my ass lol
in all fairness Canibal, PT13 is a fucking nob endy shit cunt