Whats in store for the BDO

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
gazman

Re: Whats in store for the BDO

Post by gazman » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:53 am

One way or another, these are going to be interesting times. Bet theres a few sore heads this morning

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:53 am

I agree but it has to be ran in an honest manner and open minded to change. The idea Dave Whitcombe put forward of a proper tour maybe constituted with two divisions would be worth consideration for a start.
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:54 am

gazman wrote:One way or another, these are going to be interesting times. Bet theres a few sore heads this morning
There's gonna be a few more when the books are examined

Dartfrog

Post by Dartfrog » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:57 am

It will get worse before it gets better no doubt, too many were on free rides it seems but transparency is what they need.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:01 am

When the scale of the misuse of funds is known there's gonna be a backlash I think. From what I've been told only one member of the board knew about everything going on, in the main they were kept in the dark.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:03 am

M H wrote:When the scale of the misuse of funds is known there's gonna be a backlash I think. From what I've been told only one member of the board knew about everything going on, in the main they were kept in the dark.
Its about ten grand thats gone missing, isnt it?

Enough to pay for a few hire cars :lol:
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:04 am

I believe the BICC money was around £13k if memory serves correct. There's also the matter of the John Smith's Lakeside money which hasn't been addressed

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:05 am

M H wrote:I believe the BICC money was around £13k if memory serves correct. There's also the matter of the John Smith's Lakeside money which hasn't been addressed
Take out £50 each for the 66 (?) counties and its ten grand give or take.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:10 am

I remember getting hold of info from a county meeting when Rileys were slated by delegates who didn't know the full story.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:15 am

The Ginger Ninja wrote:
M H wrote:When the scale of the misuse of funds is known there's gonna be a backlash I think. From what I've been told only one member of the board knew about everything going on, in the main they were kept in the dark.
Its about ten grand thats gone missing, isnt it?

Enough to pay for a few hire cars :lol:
it was put aside for olly's funeral fund :D

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:16 am

Leave the funeral stuff alone eh Gaz?

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:17 am

In all seriousness, the BDO was perhaps the only thing keeping him going. Wouldnt be surprised if in a year or so...

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:20 am

It was his life no doubt and in a way I feel sorry for him but there's no need for comments made with vitriol or poor taste. This is a pivotal moment in darting history.

Starvin

Post by Starvin » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:24 am

The immediate agenda would be to oust the board of BDO Enterprises unless they resign forthwith, and that is where a much needed Guru should be appointed.

There will be a massive problem over the next few months whether to expose certain things that Croft has done over the years, or brush them under the carpet for the sake of embarrassment. However, there will be a few who will not keep quiet now so the near future looks interesting.

Adams in my opinion is not the man for negotiating anything with any company. He does not have any business acumen and neither does anyone else on the new board. Without outside help even going as little as appointing an agency, the new board will not change anything.
The area of concentration must be on the pro end (counties etc secondary) and of course TV. Without that nothing else matters in the long run and tournaments will just be tournaments with nothing at the end of it.

Dartfrog

Post by Dartfrog » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:29 am

Starvin wrote:The immediate agenda would be to oust the board of BDO Enterprises unless they resign forthwith, and that is where a much needed Guru should be appointed.

There will be a massive problem over the next few months whether to expose certain things that Croft has done over the years, or brush them under the carpet for the sake of embarrassment. However, there will be a few who will not keep quiet now so the near future looks interesting.

Adams in my opinion is not the man for negotiating anything with any company. He does not have any business acumen and neither does anyone else on the new board. Without outside help even going as little as appointing an agency, the new board will not change anything.
The area of concentration must be on the pro end (counties etc secondary) and of course TV. Without that nothing else matters in the long run and tournaments will just be tournaments with nothing at the end of it.
Aye they need outside help if they are to turn the BDO's fortune around definately.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:31 am

The BDO is a company limited by guarantee which in itself means there are no shareholders whereas Enterprises is a company limited by it's share capital. As BDO is the major shareholder of Enterprises it should be straightforward for the new board to pass a resolution removing the existing Enterprises directors and replacing them.

Dartfrog

Post by Dartfrog » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:34 am

I wonder if ESPN bosses are wondering what they let themselves in for.

Knots & crosses

Whats in store for the BDO

Post by Knots & crosses » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:38 am

Simon cowell doing dart idol?

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:38 am

In the short term I can't see ESPN being bothered as the agreement's in place. I can't see Bob Potter walking away either as he makes a mint out of Lakeside week.

Starvin

Post by Starvin » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:41 am

M H wrote:The BDO is a company limited by guarantee which in itself means there are no shareholders whereas Enterprises is a company limited by it's share capital. As BDO is the major shareholder of Enterprises it should be straightforward for the new board to pass a resolution removing the existing Enterprises directors and replacing them.
Exactly. But I don’t think Croft has resigned himself to think that this will even happen.
But this must happen and now otherwise the ousting of the BDO board would appear to be pointless. Once that has been done, then the clean sweep is almost complete and a way forward looks much better.