Whats in store for the BDO

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Randall
Site Admin

Re: Whats in store for the BDO

Post by Randall » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:17 pm

from ollys tone it almost sounds like he would be pleased if the lakeside deal went south.

if this is what the pro's were up against 20 years ago little wonder they left.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:20 pm

M H wrote:

I’ve been to see Bob and he said to me: ‘who are these new board? I don’t know any of them. How can I do business with people I don’t know.
does bob not sponsor adams ?
does he not recall the caller gibney ?
etc etc...

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:22 pm

gilbey or someone will be speaking to the bdos only main sponsor very quickly im sure.

the contracts are signed between him and the bdo board whoever is on it surely, he cannot get out of it even if he wanted to, which i doubt.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:25 pm

My understanding was that the new board had spoken with all the sponsors and that they were happy with the situation.
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

spaceman70

Post by spaceman70 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:33 pm

randall wrote:gilbey or someone will be speaking to the bdos only main sponsor very quickly im sure.

the contracts are signed between him and the bdo board whoever is on it surely, he cannot get out of it even if he wanted to, which i doubt.
What contracts? Everything is done on a handshake. :)

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:42 pm

spaceman70 wrote:
randall wrote:gilbey or someone will be speaking to the bdos only main sponsor very quickly im sure.

Funny enough that wasn't the first time I heard that but there must have been some kind of paperwork as well?

Starvin

Post by Starvin » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:55 am

spaceman70 wrote:

No it isn't.

TimmyB

Post by TimmyB » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:50 am

Justin Credible wrote:oh and get on to olly MH, I am sure he will moan to anyone that will listen now....be a good time to catch him
I agree. See what he has to say.
fandarts wrote:i never had timmy down as a fully blown mong

Dartfrog

Post by Dartfrog » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:54 am

I'd also be interested to hear what Olly has to say.
If you think health could be an issue Mh perhaps just having a written one instead of an audio one might be an option, that way he can answer the questions in his own time.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:58 am

I think we'd all like a first hand reaction from Olly but it doesn't seem right to set him up to be slaughtered.

Dartfrog

Post by Dartfrog » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:04 am

I dont see it like that if his answers are justified and i'm sure most like myself aren't out to hang him, they just want to know his side given he's been most important man in the BDO for decades and has just been ousted.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:22 am

olly might appreciate the chance to get his opinions out there?

TimmyB

Post by TimmyB » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:37 am

randall wrote:olly might appreciate the chance to get his opinions out there?
Spot on.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:38 am

I really am in two minds on this one

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:57 am

you'd be giving him a forum/platform to get his views to the darts fans he should care about.

my concern would be that having been given that platform he would say something that would damage him.

that wouldnt be your fault though.

TimmyB

Post by TimmyB » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:10 am

He must have done loads of interviews.

He should know what he can and can't say.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:15 am

he's an old guy, no doubt feeling hard done to and angry. could say just about anything once he got his gander up.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:45 am

randall wrote:he's an old guy, no doubt feeling hard done to and angry. could say just about anything once he got his gander up.
to think olly did nothing for decades and the one time he is ready to make drastic moves is for the detriment of darts.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:01 pm

16 August 2011
Meet the BDO Board

Barry Gilbey (50) Chairman

Has been involved in darts for over 30 years; County Chairman of Essex and International Darts Referee (including five Lakeside World Professional Championships). His aims are to improve the BDO by giving a greater choice to all players

Martin Adams (55) Players/Media/IT

Has been playing darts for 30 years and is three times Lakeside World Professional and Winmau World Masters Champion. Also the longest serving Captain and most capped England player of all time. He’s Chairman of the International Darts Players Association and his priority is to look after the best interests of all BDO players.

Wayne Williams (54) Tournament Director

Involved in Darts for 38 years, playing local League, Super League and still playing today. Secretary of the Merthyr League for 20 years. Positions Held: Chairman of Glamorgan Darts Organisation and General Secretary Welsh Darts Organisation. His aims for the future of the BDO are to introduce online entries for tournaments, to improve tournaments and to encourage more input with the players involved in the events. Also to introduce internet streaming for BDO events.

Sue Getty (59) BICC/Correspondence

Positions Held: General Secretary of Glamorgan Darts since 1988, Welsh Youth Officer since 2002. Sue has been involved in the running of darts events since 1978 from grass roots upwards. She has attended the World Professional since it was first staged at Lakeside in 1986, and is responsible for the match statistics. She wants to help move the organisation forward into the 21st century and give the players an organisation to be proud of from youth upwards.

Derek Weston (47) Youth Director

Has been involved in darts for 30 years Positions Held / Hold - Chairman Granite City Open and Granite City School of Darts. Chairman Scottish Youth - Grampian Youth Convenor Position - Director of Youth. Derek’s aims are to have a system up and running that will be attractive and that players want to be part of.

Vic Sexton (64) Rules

Started playing darts at 14 in the Newhaven L V League and still plays in the Newhaven Super League Team. Has been Secretary for the Sussex Darts Organisation for 33 years; Chairman of the Sussex Darts Organisation Super League for 22 Years. He has also run the Newhaven Summer darts League for 20 years. Has been involved with the British Inter County Youth League from its inception, and is today proud to be Chairman of the Southern Section. Vic’s aim with the rest of the board is to bring the BDO into the 21st century so that it is attractive for all players

The collective aims and aspirations of the new BDO Board are firmly focused on the BDO’s important mission statement of ‘Darts For All’ , and the continuation of providing affordable darts and opportunities for all players, irrespective of age, gender or ability.

“We are extremely confident and excited about our future objectives and initiatives on behalf of our players and officials”, says BDO Chairman Barry Gilbey.

“Everyone on the new Board has experience and skills in their individual roles, and I guarantee that all of our planned changes going forward will be made to improve and benefit everyone within the BDO”.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:51 pm

http://www.bdodarts.com/1394/16-08-2011 ... _BDO_Board

so one member of the board under the age of 50......wow seems like they replaced one batch of old farts for another.
Give it another decade and this lot will be just as set in their way