Cannibal's darts vendetta thread; sponsored by skweezit

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
cannibal

Cannibal's darts vendetta thread; sponsored by skweezit

Post by cannibal » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:25 am

Ok this one is only about darts. So let the seething commence.

Darts and streaming events: This is about streaming opens and other amateur events mainly the American ones, but most of it can apply to the BDO and EDO doing it as well.

What is the purpose of doing it, no fuckers are watching it. So even if a few hundred people are watching is that really worth the expense and trouble. The worst are those mental morons who stream their event by pointing a camera at one board for 16 hours. No schedule and no comms, not even a flyer posted to the streaming site so one can figure out approx what time to expect some shitty darts to be thrown. This is about the worst way to accomplish their stated reasons for doing a stream; that is they are trying to promote darts and their event. As a viewer I am looking at this and saying what a bunch of fucking idiots run darts, especially to think that anyone actually gives a shit about your stupid piss up. I would be more interested in watching a cam pointed at the bar, way more action there than is on most of these streamed dart boards. Just watch some of these events streams of hours of people walking by with not a dart thrown on the board. The deluded mental midgets get the benefit that they can put on their tournament flyers that the event is streamed. As if that gives the event some kind of importance and legitimacy. They can't deliver on the things that provide real importance and legitimacy; like top players there playing for good money and a prestigious title or that even leads to a bigger international event. Or how about a good standard of darts. Most anyone interested in darts will watch a bunch of no names playing if the standard is good.

I haven't even touched on the quality of some of these streams. I had to laugh as the guy who runs the CDC streams posted on his desire to give some advice to a regional tournament who was streaming an event. Really this guy can't even get his streams to work half the time and he is a professional producer. This guy takes his set up that he probably dropped a good chunk of change on to all the CDC weekends for a whopping 200 to 300 viewers if he is lucky. Looks like they are throwing darts in a fucking funeral home, everything is surrounded by black curtains. They would do better to play in a funeral home, they would get more bodies in the audience, at least some that have more piss and vinegar in them than the ones they are getting now. Would save on the trouble of having to dub in fake crowd noise as well. But then the CDC is the group of clowns that streamed one of their major events via a phone or Ipad or whatever. A page right out of the old mushroom playbook there. Couldn't see the darts hitting the board, or a score or much of anything but by god it was streamed so must be a good thing... :pointing:

The point is streaming for the sake of streaming isn't doing anything for darts, except making it look like a bunch of sad bums out for a piss up playing for shits and giggles. Stream the important events that mean something and showcase the best talent, or at least the matches that have the best opportunity for a decent standard. Streaming the whole fucking thing is a waste, just do the qrtrs onward. Promote, promote, promote, schedule, inform so viewers know when this shit is going to happen. There are many more things that can bring real value for the participants and your sponsors other than pointing a webcam at a board that all of 100 people are going to watch.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

skweezit

Re: Cannibal's darts vendetta thread; sponsored by skweezit

Post by skweezit » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:51 am

If I'm going to sponsor this thread, then make it about what I suggested, cannonball.
A thread to feature your insightful bitching about soft tip darts.
I think it could really be a winner.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:52 am

Let me think about it.....
We Desire Information.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:05 pm

Thought about, No. Just kidding, no not really, or maybe it was your racist avatar that put me off the idea.

Go start tour own thread talk about what you want. For me I will do what I want.

Now please fuck off.
We Desire Information.

Robert Ross

Post by Robert Ross » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:33 am

cannibal wrote:Thought about, No. Just kidding, no not really, or maybe it was your racist avatar that put me off the idea.

Go start tour own thread talk about what you want. For me I will do what I want.

Now please fuck off.
+1

Kimmy

Post by Kimmy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:29 pm

Would love a thread about you bitching about soft tip darts, mate. :?

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:50 pm

Kim Jong-Un wrote:Would love a thread about you bitching about soft tip darts, mate. :?
See this is how you ask skweezit.

You don't demand because your name is on the thread title. You don't demand because you think you know what is best or what people will like. And as for it being a winner well I think my avatar speaks loud and clear what I think about fucktards that put the label winner on something that obviously doesn't have anything to do with a competition and actually winning something.

BTW to Mr Kim let me just say, I will get to it when I get to it, now fuck off.
We Desire Information.

Kimmy

Post by Kimmy » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:53 pm

cannibal wrote:
Kim Jong-Un wrote:Would love a thread about you bitching about soft tip darts, mate. :?

You don't demand because your name is on the thread title. You don't demand because you think you know what is best or what people will like. And as for it being a winner well I think my avatar speaks loud and clear what I think about fucktards that put the label winner on something that obviously doesn't have anything to do with a competition and actually winning something.

I was actually joking, but okay.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:27 pm

Kim Jong-Un wrote:
cannibal wrote:

I was actually joking, but okay.
+1
We Desire Information.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:09 pm

Paul Lim why is everyone so gaga over him? I get he is a nice guy (his kid otoh is moaning little shit as evidenced by the effort he put into msging me unsolicited to make some point which he actually never made) and all that but what has he really done in darts as far as wins in the big events? Look I ain't counting that soft tip shit nor the crap that he won in America those shitty the best of 3 fuktard opens. Like soft tip those opens are a crap shoot. Granted I will concede the point that soft tip takes skill but like the best of 3 fuktard opens it isn't really determining darting dominance, nope your just screwing the probabilities to give the weaker player a slightly better chance than he would have in a longer format.

Lim is one of those guys who is a legend for a one time event. Nothing wrong with that it is a cool accomplishment but lets not kid ourselves Lim hasn't won anything of importance on the international stage, the Australian Grand Masters back in 1983 who did he beat to win that and who was in the field? In fact I would say his time in the PDC his standard of play has been less than pedestrian, been pretty rare that he averages over 90 (twice I think). At least Butler won a major PDC event and beat 2 world champs along the way.

I find it funny that Americans are so especially so gaga over him, ok he represented America a couple times and isn't an American citizen but the sporting rules of representation in darts isn't dependent on that anyways. Their interest is more an indication of how desperate they are to have one of their own legitimize the game and a weak attempt to somehow prove "Americans" are as good as the Dutch and the Brits. They aren't; never have been, get over it. Lim has represented a couple countries and in any other sport the same fans would be claiming he is nothing more than a hired gun out for himself. I have no problem with that as I could care less where a player comes from if he has the chops to play at the highest level then so be it. It is these same people who go so far out of their way to make the claim Lim is one of their own, more than likely most of these stupid red necks are the same ones that supported Trump and only interested in stopping immigration for those who aren't the same skin color as them. Just more evidence how desperate the American soft tippers are for someone, anyone to legitimize that they can compete and they are darts. They are as about as much darts as rounders is baseball.

End of the day Lim is a legend for one thing, the 9 darter. That is a cool accomplishment. But he isn't American, he is a soft tip player, and he isn't that good relative to the world class PDC players. If he played on the PDC tour he wouldn't be a top player he wouldn't even make any serious noise, he would just be another jobber.
We Desire Information.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:36 pm

My eyes!
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Sin

Post by Sin » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:07 pm

cannibal wrote:Paul Lim why is everyone so gaga over him? I get he is a nice guy (his kid otoh is moaning little shit as evidenced by the effort he put into msging me unsolicited to make some point which he actually never made) and all that but what has he really done in darts as far as wins in the big events? Look I ain't counting that soft tip shit nor the crap that he won in America those shitty the best of 3 fuktard opens. Like soft tip those opens are a crap shoot. Granted I will concede the point that soft tip takes skill but like the best of 3 fuktard opens it isn't really determining darting dominance, nope your just screwing the probabilities to give the weaker player a slightly better chance than he would have in a longer format.

Lim is one of those guys who is a legend for a one time event. Nothing wrong with that it is a cool accomplishment but lets not kid ourselves Lim hasn't won anything of importance on the international stage, the Australian Grand Masters back in 1983 who did he beat to win that and who was in the field? In fact I would say his time in the PDC his standard of play has been less than pedestrian, been pretty rare that he averages over 90 (twice I think). At least Butler won a major PDC event and beat 2 world champs along the way.

I find it funny that Americans are so especially so gaga over him, ok he represented America a couple times and isn't an American citizen but the sporting rules of representation in darts isn't dependent on that anyways. Their interest is more an indication of how desperate they are to have one of their own legitimize the game and a weak attempt to somehow prove "Americans" are as good as the Dutch and the Brits. They aren't; never have been, get over it. Lim has represented a couple countries and in any other sport the same fans would be claiming he is nothing more than a hired gun out for himself. I have no problem with that as I could care less where a player comes from if he has the chops to play at the highest level then so be it. It is these same people who go so far out of their way to make the claim Lim is one of their own, more than likely most of these stupid red necks are the same ones that supported Trump and only interested in stopping immigration for those who aren't the same skin color as them. Just more evidence how desperate the American soft tippers are for someone, anyone to legitimize that they can compete and they are darts. They are as about as much darts as rounders is baseball.

End of the day Lim is a legend for one thing, the 9 darter. That is a cool accomplishment. But he isn't American, he is a soft tip player, and he isn't that good relative to the world class PDC players. If he played on the PDC tour he wouldn't be a top player he wouldn't even make any serious noise, he would just be another jobber.
Philippines ?

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:19 pm

Lim played for the home of the cannibals Papua New Guinea, Singapore, USA.
We Desire Information.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:52 am

Would love to see one of the Canadians who plays darts in America (White, Fatum) represent the USA in the PDC world cup. Would be a nice kick in the nuts not having an American representing the USA. But that will be ok with American darts fans as long as the representatives didn't come across the other border with all the non white people coming thru, u know the one where people come here to do the work no American fucker will do.
We Desire Information.

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:08 pm

Robert Ross wrote:
cannibal wrote:Thought about, No. Just kidding, no not really, or maybe it was your racist avatar that put me off the idea.

Now please fuck off.
+1

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:50 pm

Not surprising that your contribution is a -1, coming from a person whose greatest contribution is who gets what walk on song if hopp and o' Shea happen to play each other on stage.
We Desire Information.

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:05 pm

cannibal wrote:Not surprising that your contribution is a -1, coming from a person whose greatest contribution is who gets what walk on song if hopp and o' Shea happen to play each other on stage.
Thanks mate. Now fuck off.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:06 am

Forgot about Gary Mawson. Another Canadian who the PDC lets play under the red white and blue. PDC MAGA in darts by bringing in Canadian players.

Mawson played well yesterday from what I watched. Still a long shot for him to make the team USA. Looking like Young and Butler....again. Butler to me doesn't look at his best and hasn't for some time. Ok he threw a 9 dater at the shower of shit ADO event but from his avgs that I have seen he has been around 83 or so. Young, well you know what your getting. Chemistry isn't going to help this duo. Help from the draw they might get past the first round but wouldn't count on it.
We Desire Information.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sat May 19, 2018 11:24 pm

CDC playing this weekend anyone interested they are streaming on Facebook at and should be able to watch it without signing in. This is the first half of today:
https://www.facebook.com/champdarts/vid ... 132630643/

Much improved stream quality as well as production values than in prior years. They also have comms which is a difficult listen but hey they aren't professionals. Just way too much talking about extraneous shit and not focused on what is happening in the match. Not surprising from Eugenia he rambles on just about anything you talk to him about. The lady Mounts has a pleasant voice at least.

Not making any promises about the standard of play but for the gambling degenerates interested in players form coming into the PDC World Cup, you should get a chance to see Young and or Butler a few times over this weekend.

quarter finals coming up, Gates is on fire playing well and should meet Butler in one of the qrtrs if Butler wins his next match.
Go to the Championship Darts Circuit Facebook page to get the live stream.
https://www.facebook.com/champdarts/
We Desire Information.