Jeff Smith Breaks Mushrooms Hearts

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Tommo

Re: Jeff Smith Breaks Mushrooms Hearts

Post by Tommo » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:54 pm

Jeff Smith
1 hr · Chicago, IL, United States

Feel I need to explain this recent acceptance. With our Regional Points overlapping on BDO Majors and the points being so low outside the uk its a very steep task to qualify for Lakeside unless spending a fortune.. I had every intention of doing so in Bridlington, but came up short.

I also spoke to the NDFC in Japan at the World Cup, and they are not interested in changing anything regional wise to better our situation unless they are forced too (BDO Sanctioning Rules are not followed format, seeds either etc etc).

With that being said I was presented with an invite only a day ago, and it was a tough choice as everyone at the BDO have been so great to me from the board to the fans.

I have a chance to put my sponsors back on TV in a World Championship, and I feel obligated to do so. I do apologize if my choice has offended anyone within the BDO.

Hope you all understand.
They're all here!

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:58 pm

Why he feels the need to explain to that bunch of precious wallflower cretins is beyond me.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:09 pm

Oh for goodness' sake. Fuck those weirdos. The whole thing gives you the creeps as usual.
not a girl

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:12 pm

Will people in Canada actually be able to watch him on broadcast TV for the first time?
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:19 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:Will people in Canada actually be able to watch him on broadcast TV for the first time?
I don't know really. Last year's Grand Slam is likely to have been I suppose. Any Canadians around the place?
not a girl

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:23 pm

Mabbsy wrote:
cannibal wrote:The missusess of Butler and Young moaning about Smith being picked for Ally Pally. Of course if their own husband had been picked they would be praising the decision and secretly planning on how to spend what would be to them a small fortune.
Fixed :D
Cannibal approved
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:48 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:Why he feels the need to explain to that bunch of precious wallflower cretins is beyond me.
What is interesting is Smith never was one of those loyal to a code type of guys. Jeff has always said he goes the way that gives him the best opportunities. He thought he would get sponsorship by getting the PDC tour card so he would be able to get back and do a few events, well that did not happen. So he went the most sensible way, which is what he should have done first, and went the BDO way. Then winning their got him sponsors and attention from soft tip darts people. Lo and behold now he is doing the soft tip dart thing.

Given the criticism of the NDFC and PDC going with individual qualifiers for Canada and USA in the future, wouldn't be surprised if he goes to q school again. He has gotten as far as he is going to get in the BDO without moving to UK. Cost is about the same if he is in PDC or BDO so why not go down the road that gives him the best opportunity for money and exposure as well as playing the best.
We Desire Information.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:58 pm

Additional: Smith and others like him is the reason the GSOD needs to fuck off the BDO qualifiers and make those spots about the PDC affiliate tour players. More incentive to get into a major TV event with real money is the incentive to get some of these far flung international players involved more in PDC.

BDO they are only getting a chance to get into 3 not so well televised events and the international exposure is rapidly disappearing if not already gone. Meanwhile back in PDC land your getting a chance at 3, but one you have to go there and qualify in the UK Open. So effectively only 2. I say give them a third and with the growing international markets and exposure of the PDC it looks a better rout than doing BDO.
We Desire Information.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:02 pm

Had the BDO delivered the free hot dogs as promised all would be so different now
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:22 pm

great news for jeff smith.
happy that a Canadian & an American will be shooting in the World Championship.
watch them draw each other in the opening round.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:29 pm

Don't really know how should I feel about this.
I'm not perfectly OK with the PDC giving out what are essentially wildcards to Ally Pally. They should have announced the criteria months ago.
On the other hand, the tournament will be a better watch with Ratajski and Smith. Having 2 players from both Eastern Europe and North America makes perfect sense. Just think it could have been handled with a bit more professionalism, this is essentially shoehorning players in.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:29 pm

M H wrote:Had the BDO delivered the free hot dogs as promised all would be so different now
You mean they didn't ? How can this not have happened ? :o

limegas

Post by limegas » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:01 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:Why he feels the need to explain to that bunch of precious wallflower cretins is beyond me.
Jeff should do whats best for him and his family and if thats playing in the PDC worlds then so be it. BDO have a big problem that more Current BDO/WDF "World" winners are playing in at the Ally Pally then at Lakeside. The BDO have a big problem, However none of this matters cos Big Jobbo is at Lakeside with his 79 average.

FFS

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:02 pm

What the fuck language is this drivel ......

Mark Davis It would of been nice to see him choose between ally or lakeside he had no option.
It's like the BDO I would never play GSOD then they qualify or invited
and forget what balls they've said.
If you are invited in anything that is PDC RELATED take it with both hands. champagne on your corn flakes or soya milk. Easy
They're all here!

limegas

Post by limegas » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:03 pm

The Thorn wrote:Don't really know how should I feel about this.
I'm not perfectly OK with the PDC giving out what are essentially wildcards to Ally Pally. They should have announced the criteria months ago.
On the other hand, the tournament will be a better watch with Ratajski and Smith. Having 2 players from both Eastern Europe and North America makes perfect sense. Just think it could have been handled with a bit more professionalism, this is essentially shoehorning players in.
PDC needed to replace the 4 Euro winners. Amazingly they didnt both to update their criteria until now. I believe this is the road they will go down and pick 3-4 players they will see fit. Shocked Max Hopp didnt get one

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:08 pm

limegas wrote:
Jeff should do whats best for him and his family and if thats playing in the PDC worlds then so be it. BDO have a big problem that more Current BDO/WDF "World" winners are playing in at the Ally Pally then at Lakeshite. The BDO have a big problem, However none of this matters cos Big Jobbo is at Lakeshite with his 79 average.

FFS
Should make the final at least

limegas

Post by limegas » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:18 pm

When as it ever?

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:01 pm

limegas wrote:When as it ever?
Didn't Waites win it with a low 80 average?

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:03 pm

M H wrote:
limegas wrote:When as it ever?
Didn't Waites win it with a low 80 average?
It was a shade below 90 I think.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:16 pm

So a 79 is more than possible to get to a final then