Cricket legs

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Trueblue32

Re: Cricket legs

Post by Trueblue32 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:25 am

Cricket absolute shite and utterly meaningless
Just like the Pentathlon bollocks

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:49 am

skweezit wrote:
cannibal wrote:
skweezit wrote: when I first started throwing, our group called it american cricket.
figures, Americans not realizing that in the UK they don't call it cricket anyways. You can claim cricket has defensive strategies, but doesn't make it a superior game or even a game that has any importance other than a fun way to throw darts for a piss up. Cricket or any '01 game is about probabilities and maximizing chances to finish the game. So it is stupid to imply that one game and not the other is one that relies on playing strategies that are dependent on probabilities.

The fact is 501 is the standard game of professional darts and ones quality as a player is measured based on that game. Only soft tip cunts measure their quality as a player using cricket. And even that makes no sense as the purpose of the playing environment is to level the playing field so that the lesser player can play alongside the stronger player.
why take such a dickhead tone? :D at least it comes across as one. maybe it's your avatar. :lol:
(just kidding.)

was taught dart games by a scot and an irishman that were on assignment for the military over here.
also taught us english cricket. (no, not tactics. can anyone name the game that it is also known as?) along with others like scram and the '01's

never claimed that cricket is a superior game, but to each his own and it's nothing for me to get all hot and bothered about.
cricket is played a lot for money in the us and some other countries, so it's more than just a "pissup" to some.

still stands that cricket has the ability for defenses which '01 does not. I don't imply anything else but that, no matter what gobbledy gook you're trying to spin.

I'm not a soft tipper, but it seems, in the past, that more often, steel tippers had a harder time accepting soft tippers, than soft tippers accepting steel tippers.
today, most don't give a shit. others, like you cannibal, seem to be on some sort of vendetta.
tell us about that. start a thread.
since bob ross isn't here I will do his job for him....
Post reported for racism. Just like his hero John Wayne.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

Jungle Jim

Post by Jungle Jim » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:42 pm

The Thorn wrote:You know what's the problem is?
US is a huge market with millions of people playing darts.
And they waste their fucking time playing cricket and soft tip and whatever.
Instead of playing regular 501 which is the pro game.
This just pisses me off.
Relax Thorn, It's a great game to break up the monotony of 501 whilst practising for the BIG Leagues.

[youtube][/youtube]

viced92

Post by viced92 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:14 am

I live in America and I don't understand any appeal from cricket. When I first got into darts almost 3 years ago I instantly fell in love with it from watching the Worlds. I have my own board at home and I only practice games of 301 (don't think I'm quite good enough to regularly try 501 consistently) and other drills.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:01 am

Zeyes did you watch the soft tip streamed matches for the PPD TOC cricket. Some seriously stupid darts thrown. Calling them a strategy would be an insult to the good connotation of the term strategy. Think a few players left their post it notes at home.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

Jungle Jim

Post by Jungle Jim » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:25 pm

Gokoūn o inorimasu!

[youtube][/youtube]

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:58 pm

well, well, well. look who just picked up a cool $10,000 in cricket.
lower left hand side.
(no, he's there. look a little lower. he's the one doing the thumb puppet thing.)

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:37 pm

Entry fee $2,000 apparently.

And some kvetching on Facebook because Webster's games couldn't be streamed due to his PDC playing contract.