Premier League 2018

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Randall
Site Admin

Re: Premier League 2018

Post by Randall » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:45 pm

M H wrote:
Randall wrote:I can't see it if he can't be bothered to play majors he ain't going round the country for sixteen weeks.
Factor in the ego mate
I'll be surprised.
I could see him taking a few world series jollies, but not this.

Wolflanternbumbag

Post by Wolflanternbumbag » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:49 pm

I don't think Taylor will commit to 16 weeks either.. More likely be in attendance on media duties, which I think he'll suck at
YORKSHIRE GRIT

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:15 pm

fuck me if I have to listen to Taylor in comms, will be one long session of Filth talking about himself and how fucking great he is and how every player who he ever played was a "cracking little player". How he practiced 8 hours a day, and didn't drink, blah blah blah. The sooner he fucks off to Tenerife
permanently the better. The only media duties Filth should be doing is plugging in laptops and sharpening pencils.

Wouldn't surprise me if Filth does the soft tip thing for at least a year. The cunts of soft tip will worship him and will go on and on about how his presence gives soft tip credibility. Plus the soft tip companies will throw money at him for a short while and tell him everything he wants to hear, they are really good at that shit.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

PT13

Post by PT13 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:47 pm

Why would Phil Taylor retire, only to keep going to the TV events to do punditry or commentating straight away? If he were to keep travelling to the events, he may as well keep playing. In a few years, it might be different, once he's more used to the retirement life and the more regular exhibition play, and he might miss the big buzz of the TV event atmosphere. Then he might become a pundit and/or commentator. However, it's clear that he's going to be busy with exhibitions for the foreseeable future after the 2018 World Championship. Getting away from the old routines is going to be key after January.

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:59 pm

I'm not convinced we've seen the last of Taylor.
They're all here!

miguelking

Post by miguelking » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:29 pm

Tommo wrote:I'm not convinced we've seen the last of Taylor.
Fuckin hope we have

PT13

Post by PT13 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:50 am

He's already been winding down, though. No floor events played at all this year, and skipping the UK Open, World Grand Prix, European Championship and Players Championship Finals.

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:29 am

cannibal wrote:
Wolflanternbumbag wrote:I can't see Price getting in the next one, maybe in the future same with Cadby
agree, would add Cross to that as well. Unless he has a run to the semi final of the worlds or wins one of the remaining minor majors. I think there will be at least 2 virgins in the PL and one or two returning from hiatus. That is a big turn over from the PL based on its history I think. Not sure PDC interested in adding more risk to the mix with complete tour newbies like Cross, Cadby, and Price (who isn't good enough now for the PL.)

still not convinced Filth won't be in the 2018 PL.
1. Taylor is out :(

2. Cross and Cadby could be future Premier League Stars....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:30 am

Wolflanternbumbag wrote:I don't think Taylor will commit to 16 weeks either.. More likely be in attendance on media duties, which I think he'll suck at
He'll do a better job than Mardle for sure though....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk