The Future Darting Landscape

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
dartvader

Re: The Future Darting Landscape

Post by dartvader » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:00 pm

Randall wrote:
dartvader wrote:Gurney and Cristo Reyes are the 2 I think could be top 10 in the not too distant future but if we're looking at challengers to MvG then it's still only Anderson who will threaten him on a regular basis once Taylor's gone.
Ando only showing up once a year the issue with that.
Yeah that could prove a bit of a problem, he's the only one I'd back with any confidence at all against MvG in a final though. The myth of strength in depth is just that. Yes the PDC have all the best players but there's not many 'great' players around, the likes of brissy Lowe and Priestley would have had nowt to fear from most of this lot.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:05 pm

dartvader wrote:
Randall wrote:
dartvader wrote:Gurney and Cristo Reyes are the 2 I think could be top 10 in the not too distant future but if we're looking at challengers to MvG then it's still only Anderson who will threaten him on a regular basis once Taylor's gone.
Yeah that could prove a bit of a problem, he's the only one I'd back with any confidence at all against MvG in a final though. The myth of strength in depth is just that. Yes the PDC have all the best players but there's not many 'great' players around, the likes of brissy Lowe and Priestley would have had nowt to fear from most of this lot.
This is absolutely spot on, the strength in depth is far below the top tier, the hope of any of them closing the gap seems thin.
Anyone who thinks Bristow would not be running amok now, knows very little about the game.

dartvader

Post by dartvader » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:07 pm

Randall wrote:
dartvader wrote:
Randall wrote:
This is absolutely spot on, the strength in depth is far below the top tier, the hope of any of them closing the gap seems thin.
Anyone who thinks Bristow would not be running amok now, knows very little about the game.
He wouldn't even have to throw a dart to have most of them beat.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:31 pm

dartvader wrote:
Randall wrote:
dartvader wrote:
Randall wrote:
He wouldn't even have to throw a dart to have most of them beat.
MVG is mentally frail.
Eric would have crucified him.

Jobber

Post by Jobber » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:06 pm

The myth of strength in depth is just that.
Spot on. Both codes are full of good floor players/good travellers. Ian White could have another 5-10 years of tv comps and he'll still do fuck all.

We need more lads like Gurney. A proper big stage mindset, can score and will scrap for it.