The BDO's demand to Shownights

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
The Ginge Reaper

Re: The BDO's demand to Shownights

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Fri May 05, 2017 11:00 pm

Zeyes wrote:
The Ginge Reaper wrote:
Zeyes wrote:I didn't quite believe it at the time, but it's there in writing: The BDO / Sportotal expected Shownights to pay for basically everything including the prize money, while not allowing them to retain any revenues except from ticket sales (har, har) and food and drink sales? What the hell kind of idiotic business proposal is that? That's not how it works with any other tournament promoter that gets BDO ranking points, I reckon.
The difference is this was an event with "BDO" in the title.

Had they ran it on their own, none of those demands would have been made.
Which leads to two questions:

1) Whose idea was it to brand the first edition in 2016 as a "BDO event"? Given that the BDO brass apparently begged Dobinson not to cancel it back then, I get the impression that it was them who were pushing for it. (Particularly ironic as nobody really even seemed to notice at the time that this was supposed to be a BDO-name brand event, rather than a standard privately promoted open with ranking points...)

2) Was Stephen Holland / BDO Events stupid enough to sign a similar "you shoulder all of the risks, we pick up most of the revenues" contract with the BDO for the original World Trophy in 2014, and he's simply on the other side now?
I'm surprised they begged him to carry on with it in 2016 given they evidently made a loss. One of the opening bits of the email talks about paying back 2016 losses before the 2017 one can go ahead.

As for what Holland signed, the fact BDO Events posted £300k worth of losses probably shows they agreed to similar terms. He's clearly trying to make a fast buck, wonder what % of the £10,000 he was going to get?

Dobinson should have worked with the EDO and got the event sanctioned that way. Not impossible, the ladies event in London is only EDO for the convenience of applying for points isn't it? As far as I knew it's a private promoter who stumps up for it.

Having "BDO" in the name of the event: how many more entries is that going to get than if it wasn't there? Not many, if any.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Fri May 05, 2017 11:10 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:Having "BDO" in the name of the event: how many more entries is that going to get than if it wasn't there? Not many, if any.
As above - I honestly don't think most people would even realize the difference. The usual suspects have been pushing the "everything from Dorset Superleague to the Mongolian Open = BDO" fiction for so long now that people simply take it as read that there are no different degrees of involvement by the BDO. The only way to change that would be to have a big marketing push for a BDO-branded event, and a) we all know the BDO isn't competent enough to do that, and b) the brand has arguably become toxic enough that they're better off not reminding people to begin with.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Fri May 05, 2017 11:19 pm

can someone simplify this for us people who know little and care even less about the bdo and its offshoots ?

Trueblue32

Post by Trueblue32 » Sat May 06, 2017 10:45 am

Justin Credible wrote:can someone simplify this for us people who know little and care even less about the bdo and its offshoots ?
Yes.
The PDC are cunts.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Sat May 06, 2017 10:49 am

Justin Credible wrote:can someone simplify this for us people who know little and care even less about the bdo and its offshoots ?
If a private promoter wants Lakeside points he has to apply for them in conjunction with a national organisation.

The mistake Shownights clearly made was choosing to go straight to the top dog rather than doing it via the EDO.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

trainer

Post by trainer » Sat May 06, 2017 11:33 am

Wayne Dobinson
There was never going to be a profit on the first year Tommy after the Deluxe Fiasco, it was all about keeping the event in the diary for the future year 2 & 3 etc and looking at the long term....
Unfortunately I didn't realise that people on the board had they're own agenda to obviously get voted back in August last year.
I was asked not to mention any of the above and also asked if anyone including yourself Howard and Paul new about anything and whether they would get any nasty surprises at the AGM.
I offered to pay back any shortfall at the Next European which was agreed.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Sat May 06, 2017 1:02 pm

trainer wrote:Wayne Dobinson
There was never going to be a profit on the first year Tommy after the Deluxe Fiasco, it was all about keeping the event in the diary for the future year 2 & 3 etc and looking at the long term....
Unfortunately I didn't realise that people on the board had they're own agenda to obviously get voted back in August last year.
I was asked not to mention any of the above and also asked if anyone including yourself Howard and Paul new about anything and whether they would get any nasty surprises at the AGM.
That fits in with what I was told at the time. The board put immense pressure on Showtime as they couldn't afford this event not to go ahead after the "New Era" events were airbrushed away
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

trainer

Post by trainer » Sat May 06, 2017 2:20 pm

M H wrote:
That fits in with what I was told at the time. The board put immense pressure on Showtime as they couldn't afford this event not to go ahead after the "New Era" events were airbrushed away
Self preservation by the Williams's. Fuck the cost, hang on to power whilst shafting anyone and everyone. How they get re-elected is beyond me, it really is a cult. David Koresh would be in awe of these two fuckers.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Sat May 06, 2017 2:40 pm

lets hope it continues til they deplete all their funds, fuck things up so bad it is fucked for ever

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Sat May 06, 2017 2:54 pm

trainer wrote:
M H wrote:
Self preservation by the Williams's. Fuck the cost, hang on to power whilst shafting anyone and everyone. How they get re-elected is beyond me, it really is a cult. David Koresh would be in awe of these two fuckers.
When has is ever been any other way? They're on too good a number to give it up

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Sat May 06, 2017 6:03 pm

jwr1978

Post by jwr1978 » Sat May 06, 2017 6:57 pm

Justin Credible wrote:Image
What a cunt

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Tue May 09, 2017 12:35 pm

Ha, seems that the BDO are wasting time and effort and are now "investigating" Dobinson. Like he is going to fucking care!!!!
Breaking News
Apparently I've been a bad boy and the disciplinary committee are investigating me.

Can anyone elaborate on this?

Am I gonna get a spanking :) for telling the truth?

Just to put it on record, I think the BDO Board should put a complaint in about there own decisions and the way they run things before they comment on anyone else.....
Or why don't they do the Darts World a favour and do the right thing and stand down, get a complete new competent Board in place that could put life back into the system
Run it like a business and not a social club committee......

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Tue May 09, 2017 12:42 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:Ha, seems that the BDO are wasting time and effort and are now "investigating" Dobinson. Like he is going to fucking care!!!!
Breaking News
Apparently I've been a bad boy and the disciplinary committee are investigating me.

Can anyone elaborate on this?

Am I gonna get a spanking :) for telling the truth?

Just to put it on record, I think the BDO Board should put a complaint in about there own decisions and the way they run things before they comment on anyone else.....
Or why don't they do the Darts World a favour and do the right thing and stand down, get a complete new competent Board in place that could put life back into the system
Run it like a business and not a social club committee......

The disciplinary committee eh, is he getting a slap off Des?
They're all here!

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Tue May 09, 2017 12:49 pm

Des is probably the one who referred it to his own committee, cant have anyone saying bad things about his bestest Welsh mates.

ITG

Post by ITG » Tue May 09, 2017 1:08 pm

Would be interesting to see what financially the Williams get out of being in the hot seat. Generous "expenses" I'd wager. Worse than fucking politicians.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Tue May 09, 2017 2:43 pm

odds on the pro- coal scavenging mods of TDF-lite defending the fat gay waiter and the bdo ?

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Tue May 09, 2017 4:00 pm

They have as much power over Warren as I do over the weather, one of the most futile and pointless exercises of all time

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Tue May 09, 2017 4:02 pm

M H wrote:They have as much power over Warren as I do over the weather, one of the most futile and pointless exercises of all time
Wayne.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Tue May 09, 2017 4:05 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:
M H wrote:They have as much power over Warren as I do over the weather, one of the most futile and pointless exercises of all time
Wayne.
That name seems to have stuck in the head! Apologies to Wayne for the huge unintended slur