World series 2017

Threads Worth Preserving
Chizzyfan

Re: World series 2017

Post by Chizzyfan » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:31 pm

Rogg wrote:
The Thorn wrote:I honestly wouldn't give a damn about young players in the PL. To give a player a TV opportunity for a single, best of 12 legs match, in which he's more than likely to get battered, is quite meaningless. As there are several TV tournaments to qualify for over the course of the year, this wouldn't give them any positive influence.
If they ever feel the PL has become stale, which clearly they don't at the moment, then scattering some wildcards around would be one way of shaking it up. Age needn't be a factor particularly but personally I prefer to watch the up and coming players. Chizzyfan shut it. Exhibitions and wildcards, it is all meaningless really.
What in the name of a sexy goat have I said this time?

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:22 pm

who knows , so many have your racist posts on ignore :D

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:34 pm

Rogg wrote:
The Ginge Reaper wrote:Berlin wildcard????? What event is this?
Next year's Premier League has a night in Berlin.
Now that would be very interesting for a three day trip to Berlin!!!

Although I'd like also to go to Glasgow especially if Gary Anderson keeps playing at these current levels and is still invited to play in the Premier League as from what I have seen on telly the home atmosphere when Gary's playing is fantastic....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:35 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:
Rogg wrote:
The Ginge Reaper wrote:Berlin wildcard????? What event is this?
Next year's Premier League has a night in Berlin.
Ah yes. Can't imagine he's going to get parachuted into that. At best Berlin will get one of the later PL nights that only has 4 fixtures and maybe Mensur will play Hopp in a one off challenge match on the night.
I'd like that idea if Mensur will still be out of it...

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:35 pm

Justin Credible wrote:getting sick to fucking death of this hun cunt Hopp

Sick of hearing how he is a star....what the fuck are they basing this on ?
He has won fuck all, has lost to even worse jobbers and is only where he is in the table thanks to the preferential treatment he gets based solely on the fact he is German and the amount of Euro tours he has got into for beating up ever worse germans.

If Hopp was British he would be nowhere, there are lots of brit lads who have more potential.
How many euro tours would he have made if he was in the UK qualifiers....I reckon one if he was lucky
Eg. Chris Dobey....

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:37 pm

There is no way a German player is going to get a wildcard all because one date out of nine/fifteen is in Germany.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:45 pm

BeppeBergomi wrote:
Justin Credible wrote:getting sick to fucking death of this hun cunt Hopp

Sick of hearing how he is a star....what the fuck are they basing this on ?
He has won fuck all, has lost to even worse jobbers and is only where he is in the table thanks to the preferential treatment he gets based solely on the fact he is German and the amount of Euro tours he has got into for beating up ever worse germans.

If Hopp was British he would be nowhere, there are lots of brit lads who have more potential.
How many euro tours would he have made if he was in the UK qualifiers....I reckon one if he was lucky
Eg. Chris Dobey....

true,

here is a lad I expect to do far better than hopp ever will

Lister of Smeg

Post by Lister of Smeg » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:04 pm

wrong thread :D

darts1000

Post by darts1000 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:45 pm

Barry Hearns really wants a German superstar. Germany is a huge market. There were many Germans this year in Ally Pally by all accounts.
Max Hopp already has a free pass for most Eurotours and the European championship.
He will make a lot of free money.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:40 pm

darts1000 wrote:Barry Hearns really wants a German superstar. Germany is a huge market. There were many Germans this year in Ally Pally by all accounts.
Max Hopp already has a free pass for most Eurotours and the European championship.
Look Hearn wants a superstar of every nationality. I would argue that a German superstar is actually the least of his worries. A bigger impact on his revenues would be an Asian, American, and a Canadian. I will throw in a Russian as well. The German fans have latched on to a few players like Whitlock. He has gotten traction in the German market without a superstar. Places like America and Canada and again Russia won't take an interest in darts without a super star.

An African face or even just a black face (and I don't mean some cracker in make up) would be massive in attracting viewers not only in Africa, but a large part of the Americas both North and South. I think the African market in the long term is something to keep in sight. I am hearing about more and more people there playing. India is another place for the long term. Going to take years to get the standard up to par tho. They have further to go than the Americans and Canadians.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

Nikkigirl

Post by Nikkigirl » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:41 pm

Waaah waaah waaah there is no World series event in Wales waaah waaah waaah the PDC are cunts boo hoo boo hoo!!!!!
Waaah waaah waaah waaah waaah waaah waaah waaah waaah!

Lister of Smeg

Post by Lister of Smeg » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:43 pm

Nikkigirl wrote:Waaah waaah waaah there is no World series event in Wales waaah waaah waaah the PDC are cunts boo hoo boo hoo!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:00 pm

darts1000 wrote:Barry Hearns really wants a German superstar. Germany is a huge market. There were many Germans this year in Ally Pally by all accounts.
..."What is still missing are the successful German players.
For years junior world champion Max Hopp has been the man of the future.
Do you trust him the breakthrough?

Werner von Moltke: He is our greatest talent in Germany.
But you must not forget that he is just 20 years old.
And all Darts Germany looks at him.
I just want others to follow, so it would be a little easier for him.
And yet, we are the second-most important market in terms of TV viewers to England, even before the Netherlands.
It is madness, and one wonders what happens when we have a star like the Dutch in Michael van Gerwen or Raymond van Barneveld. "...

just a quick copy and paste during a short break.
I'm in the middle of setting all my clocks back 50 years.

StevieBoy

Post by StevieBoy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:56 pm

Is Schindler German?

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:17 am

Lister of Smeg wrote:wrong thread :D

I forgive you

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:06 pm

Some US Masters details... 'Play is scheduled from 1 – 5 p.m. daily.' errmmm so that's an evening start in the UK? I wonder if it will be live on ITV4.

http://www.vegasnews.com/157913/profess ... 13-15.html

Thursday, July 13 – The North American Championship

Eight North American competitors, the top darts players from the July 11 and 12 qualifying rounds, will play down to a single winner who will represent North America at the 2017-18 World Darts Championship.

Friday, July 14 – PDC U.S. Masters Day One

The eight North American qualifiers will be drawn against eight PDC World Series of Darts players who were invited to compete at the U.S. Masters.

Saturday, July 15 – PDC U.S. Masters Day Two

The eight winners of Friday’s day one competition will play down to a single winner who will be crowned U.S. Masters Champion.
not a girl

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:08 pm

Probably only scheduled at that time because its the middle of the day in the middle of summer, far too hot to be outdoors so may as well be in a lovely air conditioned room and they can all go out in the evening when the sun has gone down and its a bit cooler.

Ive been there when its 42 degrees. Fuck me, it was hot.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:25 pm

either way suits us better

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:01 pm

see that corey cadby lost in the top 8 in today's (yesterday's) world series qualifier in Sydney.
it's only the first and there's more to come, yet I wonder if the pdc would just up and give him an invite if
he doesn't win his way through?

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:09 pm

skweezit wrote:see that corey cadby lost in the top 8 in today's (yesterday's) world series qualifier in Sydney.
it's only the first and there's more to come, yet I wonder if the pdc would just up and give him an invite if
he doesn't win his way through?
Think Whitlock and Kyle will get an invite, so Corey should get one I think. They really hyped him up during the Worlds.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE