Premier League Darts 2017

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
BeppeBergomi

Premier League Darts 2017

Post by BeppeBergomi » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:52 am

Good Morning all

Given that we have already started the discussion on other pages and that during this week I Beleive speculation will start to rise on who will take the 10 places for next year's Premier League, I have decided to open the thread for this Forum.

Let me start by making my Predictions on who will the 10 for 2017 be:

Michael Van Gerwen
Gary Anderson
Phil Taylor
Adrian Lewis
Phil Wright
James Wade
Dave Chisnall
Raymond van Barneveld
Jelle Klaasen
Mensur Suljovic *

* If Mensur confirms his refusal to enter the Tournament I'll go for either Robert Thornton, (though given last year's form I don't think he deserves the place but given that he was the last one to win a tournament apart from the MvG-Gary-Power trio), Michael Smith or Kim Huybrechts.

This Prediction can change only if somebody decides to shock Ally Pally during this week, (one candidate to do this might be the Norwich midget Darren Webster)....

What's your opinion on the subject?

The Shank

Re: Premier League Darts 2017

Post by The Shank » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:48 am

BeppeBergomi wrote:Good Morning all

Given that we have already started the discussion on other pages and that during this week I Beleive speculation will start to rise on who will take the 10 places for next year's Premier League, I have decided to open the thread for this Forum.

Michael Van Gerwen
Gary Anderson
Phil Taylor
Adrian Lewis
Phil Wright
James Wade
Dave Chisnall
Raymond van Barneveld
Jelle Klaasen
Mensur Suljovic *

* If Mensur confirms his refusal to enter the Tournament I'll go for either Robert Thornton, (though given last year's form I don't think he deserves the place but given that he was the last one to win a tournament apart from the MvG-Gary-Power trio), Michael Smith or Kim Huybrechts.

This Prediction can change only if somebody decides to shock Ally Pally during this week, (one candidate to do this might be the Norwich midget Darren Webster)....

Unless he does something special this week, Barney doesn't deserve a place.

Although sky will pick him regardless.

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:52 am

I think they'll only include Klassen if they absolutely have to. If Chizzy turfs him out in the 3rd round, I won't be surprised if the PDC pick someone else. He's got a very pleasing playing style, but I'm not convinced that the PDC and SKY are over his previous transgression. It's rare you see hype packages or in-depth interviews with him. There's a bit of a "we only talk about him if we have to" vibe. I know they have convicted sex pest Taylor plastered all over their presentation, but what Klassen did is frowned upon quite a bit more.

I think that Bully Smith might be in with a shout, especially if he beats Wade in the last 16. BVDP might be a dark horse if he has an impressive showing against Gando. Same with Kimi if he can see off Hopp and Taylor. If Mensur has ruled himself out, I can't see the PDC being that bothered. He's a likeable guy, and had improved his walk-on routine, but he's hardly box office. More importantly, he's not ranked that highly that the PDC have to include him (at least at the moment)
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:09 pm
Randall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm Dulla has never faced anything like Taylor in top gear.
Maybe he could have dragged Taylor down, we will never know.

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:32 am

The Shank wrote:
BeppeBergomi wrote:Good Morning all

Michael Van Gerwen
Gary Anderson
Phil Taylor
Adrian Lewis
Phil Wright
James Wade
Dave Chisnall
Raymond van Barneveld
Jelle Klaasen
Mensur Suljovic *

Unless he does something special this week, Barney doesn't deserve a place.

Although sky will pick him regardless.
Exactly Shank...

1. Barney will still be picked thanks to PDC I Beleive as you have said.

2. Remember last year in Rotterdam... He was given a hero's welcome... Which can help his case...

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:35 am

sennafan24 wrote:I think they'll only include Klassen if they absolutely have to. If Chizzy turfs him out in the 3rd round, I won't be surprised if the PDC pick someone else. He's got a very pleasing playing style, but I'm not convinced that the PDC and SKY are over his previous transgression. It's rare you see hype packages or in-depth interviews with him. There's a bit of a "we only talk about him if we have to" vibe. I know they have convicted sex pest Taylor plastered all over their presentation, but what Klassen did is frowned upon quite a bit more.

I think that Bully Smith might be in with a shout, especially if he beats Wade in the last 16. BVDP might be a dark horse if he has an impressive showing against Gando. Same with Kimi if he can see off Hopp and Taylor. If Mensur has ruled himself out, I can't see the PDC being that bothered. He's a likeable guy, and had improved his walk-on routine, but he's hardly box office. More importantly, he's not ranked that highly that the PDC have to include him (at least at the moment)
Mensur's ranked number 8 in the Rankings and on current form I think he deserves a place. VdP could also be an outside option but only if he advances well in the Tournament, (which I hope not since he now plays against Gary) and if Klaasen won't be considered.

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:44 am

BeppeBergomi wrote: Mensur's ranked number 8 in the Rankings and on current form I think he deserves a place. VdP could also be an outside option but only if he advances well in the Tournament, (which I hope not since he now plays against Gary) and if Klaasen won't be considered.
8th is high, but I'm not sure if it's high enough. Last year they had the top 10 ranked players, but it was the first time they had done so. Wade was ranked 6th in 2014, and they didn't include him. Although I agree, Mensur probably deserves a place on current form. We'll see how he goes in the next few days.
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:09 pm
Randall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm Dulla has never faced anything like Taylor in top gear.
Maybe he could have dragged Taylor down, we will never know.

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:15 am

sennafan24 wrote:
BeppeBergomi wrote: Mensur's ranked number 8 in the Rankings and on current form I think he deserves a place. VdP could also be an outside option but only if he advances well in the Tournament, (which I hope not since he now plays against Gary) and if Klaasen won't be considered.
8th is high, but I'm not sure if it's high enough. Last year they had the top 10 ranked players, but it was the first time they had done so. Wade was ranked 6th in 2014, and they didn't include him. Although I agree, Mensur probably deserves a place on current form. We'll see how he goes in the next few days.
There was that mental health controversy with Wade in 2014... That's why he was not included....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Robert Ross

Post by Robert Ross » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:40 am

I just hope the PDC has the balls to leave out the headshakin' postman. He has done fuck all this year, except moan about his sugar.

Deadshot

Post by Deadshot » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:45 am

BeppeBergomi wrote:
sennafan24 wrote:
There was that mental health controversy with Wade in 2014... That's why he was not included....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Also didn't help he slated the PDC in 2013 iirc...

StevieBoy

Post by StevieBoy » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:24 pm

I don't think Mensur does deserve a place he's form has dropped and he's hardly box office. For me the premier League is to long as it is, it will seem longer with him in it. As a pure exhibition and over a short format why not bung a couple of legends in just for a change?

Robert Ross

Post by Robert Ross » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:27 pm

StevieBoy wrote:I don't think Mensur does deserve a place he's form has dropped and he's hardly box office. For me the premier League is to long as it is, it will seem longer with him in it. As a pure exhibition and over a short format why not bung a couple of legends in just for a change?
No.

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:29 pm

StevieBoy wrote:I don't think Mensur does deserve a place he's form has dropped and he's hardly box office. For me the premier League is to long as it is, it will seem longer with him in it. As a pure exhibition and over a short format why not bung a couple of legends in just for a change?
The top 4, 2 PDC Wild Cards, 2 Sky Wild Cards and 2 Legends... That would be very interesting....

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:35 pm

Legends??
Who would you suggest?

Robert Ross

Post by Robert Ross » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:37 pm

I nominate Leighton Rees.

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:41 pm

The General wrote:Legends??
Who would you suggest?
The ideal choice would be Eric Bristow but due to the fact that he was just sacked by Sky it won't be a good idea....

John Lowe and Bobby George maybe?

Or else, I've got another idea drop out that wanker Mardle from the commentary booth and put him in the oche.... :lol :lol

It would be ridiculously funny to see the derby of entertainers between him and Snakebite :lol :lol

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:48 pm

BeppeBergomi wrote:
Who would you suggest?
The ideal choice would be Eric Bristow but due to the fact that he was just sacked by Sky it won't be a good idea....

Or else, I've got another idea drop out that wanker Mardle from the commentary booth and put him in the oche.... :lol :lol

It would be ridiculously funny to see the derby of entertainers between him and Snakebite :lol :lol
No, no, just no.

The Shank

Post by The Shank » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:00 pm

Legends would get destroyed and humiliated every game. I doubt they'd play even if offered the chance.

The Shank

Post by The Shank » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:01 pm

Bob Ross wrote:I just hope the PDC has the balls to leave out the headshakin' postman. He has done fuck all this year, except moan about his sugar.
PDC probably do have the balls to leave him out. Sky however............

Robert Ross

Post by Robert Ross » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:06 pm

The Shank wrote:
Bob Ross wrote:I just hope the PDC has the balls to leave out the headshakin' postman. He has done fuck all this year, except moan about his sugar.
PDC probably do have the balls to leave him out. Sky however............
You're sharp today.

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:13 pm

The General wrote:
BeppeBergomi wrote:
Who would you suggest?

No, no, just no.
Ok then what's your idea General?