2017 PDC Q-School

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
The Ginge Reaper

Re: 2017 PDC Q-School

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:11 pm

Rogg wrote:
skweezit wrote:it appears that any player (non-continental European) that scored 5 or more points in q-school is
eligible to enter the UK-ET qualifiers.
Woaaaaa there what? They're sealing off the Euro Tour from the worst of the UK monsterjobbers?
Yes. Someone spotted it in the rules on Thursday. Only the top 32 plus ties in the Q School OoM can enter them on top of the 128 card holders
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:13 pm

Rogg wrote:
skweezit wrote:it appears that any player (non-continental European) that scored 5 or more points in q-school is
Woaaaaa there what? They're sealing off the Euro Tour from the worst of the UK monsterjobbers?
They are indeed. Only the card holders, plus top 32 UK/non-european players of the Q-School OoM can play. Plus ties, which means 5 points at Q-School is needed.

For example, Barry Lynn, Mark Dudbridge and Kevin McDine can't play Euro Tour according to the new rule.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Lister of Smeg

Post by Lister of Smeg » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:14 pm

The Thorn wrote:
Rogg wrote:
They are indeed. Only the card holders, plus top 32 UK/non-european players of the Q-School OoM can play. Plus ties, which means 5 points at Q-School is needed.

For example, Barry Lynn, Mark Dudbridge and Kevin McDine can't play Euro Tour according to the new rule.

All hail the new rule

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:22 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:
Rogg wrote:
Yes. Someone spotted it in the rules on Thursday. Only the top 32 plus ties in the Q School OoM can enter them on top of the 128 card holders
Finally I can talk Jobber down off the ledge! Theoretically that's a good idea. Hopefully it helps clear the proper talent's path of those who are jobberclogging it up. It also gives extra value to the tour card and to the need for real performance at q-school. It'll probably go horribly wrong but it's an interesting change.
not a girl

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:26 pm

Rogg wrote:
from some of them.
But the good news is it also means david fatum can go over and do his part to help to fill the monsterjobber vacuum.
USA! USA! USA!

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:32 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:
Rogg wrote:

hang on ...surely the uk jobbers can still enter, this just means the UK ET qualifiers have more entries now.
If yanks with 5 points can enter the UK qualifiers, then stands to reason UK jobbers with 5 points can too.

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:44 pm

Justin Credible wrote:
The Ginge Reaper wrote:
Rogg wrote:

hang on ...surely the uk jobbers can still enter, this just means the UK ET qualifiers have more entries now.
If yanks with 5 points can enter the UK qualifiers, then stands to reason UK jobbers with 5 points can too.
that was stated in the original post, Justin.
there will probably be less in the UK ET qualifiers though.
there will also be less in the European qualifiers too, but not because of points - for the increased
costs for players who want to shoot in more than 1 event. (or 2, depending how the pdc finally decide)

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:17 pm

I said a good shot of 2 Canadians getting a tour card, figured Part just might have enough to stumble into one. The other one I certainly didn't see going to John Norman Jnr, didn't even know who he was or that he was Canadian. I didn't hear any talk of him and of course spastic riddler skweezy wasn't making it easy to figure out what he knew if anything. Either way wouldn't have rated him any better than someone like Snook.

Don't really see any of the tour cards having an impact, Burnett the only one I would say has a chance and not very confident in that. Nicholson should be rated as having a chance, think he is still young enough to figure out and fix his problem. But don't think he has it in his head to do that. Part has the head not sure he has the heart or skill. Burnett's drive depends how big of a habit he is feeding these days. lol

(note: I went back and fact checked myself, I lied, I actually said 1 would get a card, Fatum or Part wasn't sure which one. I was thinking at the time of writing that 2 was possible but that was just based on the number of them showing up and at least Part and Fatum both had a decent shot at getting there on points. But I did not write that, yours in darts F.A.T aka Fat American Trump)
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

armchairfan

Post by armchairfan » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:48 pm

cannibal wrote:I said a good shot of 2 Canadians getting a tour card, figured Part just might have enough to stumble into one. The other one I certainly didn't see going to John Norman Jnr, didn't even know who he was or that he was Canadian. I didn't hear any talk of him and of course spastic riddler skweezy wasn't making it easy to figure out what he knew if anything. Either way wouldn't have rated him any better than someone like Snook.

Don't really see any of the tour cards having an impact, Burnett the only one I would say has a chance and not very confident in that. Nicholson should be rated as having a chance, think he is still young enough to figure out and fix his problem. But don't think he has it in his head to do that. Part has the head not sure he has the heart or skill. Burnett's drive depends how big of a habit he is feeding these days. lol

(note: I went back and fact checked myself, I lied, I actually said 1 would get a card, Fatum or Part wasn't sure which one. I was thinking at the time of writing that 2 was possible but that was just based on the number of them showing up and at least Part and Fatum both had a decent shot at getting there on points. But I did not write that, yours in darts F.A.T aka Fat American Trump)
[youtube][/youtube]

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:51 pm

thanks for that video Mr Armchairfan
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:24 pm

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:42 pm

ok thanks

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:32 pm

Greipel wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:35 pm Even van de Pas never won any matches at Lakeshite and now he is knocking on the door of the Premier League. Reynolds should accept the tour card offer. He could surpass Gerwyn Price.
Another possible chance for Benito at the 2023 edition.

Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:49 pm

Greipel wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:32 pm
Greipel wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:35 pm Even van de Pas never won any matches at Lakeshite and now he is knocking on the door of the Premier League. Reynolds should accept the tour card offer. He could surpass Gerwyn Price.
What about Dean Reynolds?
"The United States will be the first nation to land an astronaut on Nars"

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:05 am

Captain Hobo wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:49 pm
Greipel wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:32 pm
What about Dean Reynolds?
He is probably dead. Nothing is heard of him for years.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:31 pm

Dean Reynolds, lol. I'd forgotten all about him. There's an article somewhere likening his rise to that of MVG.

Here he is winning the Dev Tour and a tour card which he didn't take.

not a girl

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:27 pm

Lister of Smeg wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:49 pm
Greipel wrote:
Lister of Smeg wrote:
Greipel wrote:Hogan should switch. Becoming full time pro he would own the Pipe, Painter likes.
Fuck off you retarded cunt. Lose that fucking avatar too.
Fuck off you too fuckheaded mustard smelling cocksucker dirty scumbag :!:
seriously, you're not welcome here, you boring dunce.
I'm still here, and you? Dull fucker cunt...

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:30 pm

Well played, Greipel. Lister was a nasty, nasty boy
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:33 pm

The Thorn wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:30 pm Well played, Greipel. Lister was a nasty, nasty boy
Got abused in hisr childhood, that was his problem.

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:32 am

Greipel definitely welcome but Hogan is shite