"Switchers" Watch 2016/17

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
M H
Site Admin

Re: "Switchers" Watch 2016/17

Post by M H » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:57 pm

Zeyes wrote:
M H wrote:As it stands there's no automatic tour cards for BDO players any more
That was already the case the year Bunting won the Lakeshite, and lo and behold...
I could be wrong but if I remember correctly Bunting's year was the last free tour card
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:30 pm

I have no problem with any bdo player going to q-school but they should never have been given automatic cards

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:37 pm

Duzza might be swayed this weekend. Remember, Norris switched after playing in the GSOD in 2014. Someone in the PDC might have a word in Duzza's ear. Also, I would assume that seeing how the PDC do things in terms of professionalism would also have influence. Klassen has commented on this in the past.
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:09 pm
Randall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm Dulla has never faced anything like Taylor in top gear.
Maybe he could have dragged Taylor down, we will never know.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:41 pm

how many of those who switched have said they wished they did it earlier

James Wilson said over a week ago you dont get away with things in the PDC as its tough...which no doubt upset a few mushrooms with the truth.
Norris, kong wilson etc all admitted it took time and playing against higher caliber to adjust

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:59 pm

2016 BDO youth champion runner-up, Irishman Jordan boyce?

PT13

Post by PT13 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:12 am

Justin Credible wrote:how many of those who switched have said they wished they did it earlier

James Wilson said over a week ago you dont get away with things in the PDC as its tough...which no doubt upset a few mushrooms with the truth.
Norris, kong wilson etc all admitted it took time and playing against higher caliber to adjust
I remember Mervyn King saying that he should have switched years earlier than he did. He talked about how high the standard was in the PDC field and how it had got him practicing very seriously. King got to world number 4 in the PDC during 2009 and 2010, behind Taylor, Barneveld and Wade.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:01 pm

Has NOPPY ever done an interview on the topic? He could do terrible things to the Euro jobbers for a start.
not a girl

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:01 am

the european qualifiers would be shaken up for the euro tours

might put an end to cunts like dekker and divingboard qualifying for most events

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:02 am

Google translate did its thing... Noppie's having a think about it.
http://www.omropfryslan.nl/nieuws/68015 ... rtbond-pdc

Darter Danny Noppert Joure decide shortly about his future. The 25 year old Noppert now sits at BDO darts league, which prized less than the PDC. The move is attractive to him because the prize at the PDC is quite a bit higher. "There are better opponents. I can piggyback on their level, "says Noppert.

Last week dartte the Jouster still against World Champion Raymond van Barneveld and Gary Anderson, Tuesday night he was back 'normal' with his friends to league darts in the pub in Joure.

Tired

In England Noppert did me last week at the Grand Slam of Darts. He lost narrowly Anderson (10-9). His performances there have put him on the map. "It was a tough week, and I am a few days been tired, but I am now back with both feet on the ground."

Transition is certainly

Noppert has not yet made the choice. He wants to think any longer, but a move for him for sure. "In the long run, but when .. I do not know yet," said Noppert. After his good performance in the Grand Slam of Darts last week he is much approached by managers and sponsors. Many people want to accompany him. Also, Michael van Gerwen, the best darts player in the world, last week offered his help to Noppert.

Lakeside

In January the main event scheduled for Noppert. Then the lakeside, the wereldkampioenshap of BDO. Noppert is participating for the first time and placed himself third. In addition, he is ambitious. "Profit is realistic. I think I can. "
not a girl

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:45 am

These people make me laugh, what the fuck is their to think about? What are they doing now for a living that they can't drop it for 2 years and come back to it, physics, medical research, working on a Ph.D.
I think the hanging of doors, street sweeping, and delivering the mail careers can all be resumed with a bit of a break of all goes wrong in the darts. Are they making that much in the BDO that they are covering their expenses and getting some compensation?
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:07 am

It makes sense for us. However, I can imagine it's a massive life choice. I would assume that Noppert's entire life would be re-shaped if he joined the PDC. While it would probably change for the better, it must be a daunting step initially. A bit like losing your virginity (Oche need not apply)

Noppert is a young man though. If he's serious about his darting career - and it seems that he is - then a move to the PDC only makes sense. I hope he goes for it. Him and Duzza are wasted in the BDO.
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:09 pm
Randall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm Dulla has never faced anything like Taylor in top gear.
Maybe he could have dragged Taylor down, we will never know.

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:11 pm

skweezit wrote:2016 BDO youth champion runner-up, Irishman Jordan boyce?
now sponsored by unicorn to compete in the pdc.
he will still have to make it through q-school.
so half-switched maybe?

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:18 pm

PT13 wrote:
Justin Credible wrote:how many of those who switched have said they wished they did it earlier

I remember Mervyn King saying that he should have switched years earlier than he did. He talked about how high the standard was in the PDC field and how it had got him practicing very seriously. King got to world number 4 in the PDC during 2009 and 2010, behind Taylor, Barneveld and Wade.
King did say that, right after he went over and I believe he talked about this just recently somewhere but can't remeber where. If he had moved over earlier would have given him a couple years of playing without the back problems. That would have been interesting to see what he could have done back then. King been falling a part physically now for about 3 years or so he claims lol, could be as substantial as the claim about "His A game" and its existence.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:36 pm

skweezit wrote:
skweezit wrote:2016 BDO youth champion runner-up, Irishman Jordan boyce?
now sponsored by unicorn to compete in the pdc.
he will still have to make it through q-school.
so half-switched maybe?
Certainly myskweez, you may award yourself one half of a point.

Speaking of which, Justin van Tergouw plays the BDO youth final in January, presumably that will be on Channel 4. It should be an interesting watch. He's been cutting down his age group for fun for a couple of years now.
not a girl

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:54 pm

cannibal wrote:
PT13 wrote:

King did say that, right after he went over and I believe he talked about this just recently somewhere but can't remeber where. If he had moved over earlier would have given him a couple years of playing without the back problems. That would have been interesting to see what he could have done back then. King been falling a part physically now for about 3 years or so he claims lol, could be as substantial as the claim about "His A game" and its existence.
It might help if he lost three or four stone in weight !

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:45 pm

Two weeks from today, Q-School! Really does cast a delightful shadow over piss palace proceedings.

Dean Reynolds has a tour card offer on the table from the Dev. Tour... that's probably as interesting as it will get on the BDO side of things.
not a girl

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:28 pm

Any BDO player who pursuits a darts career surely has to switch now after this abysmal year of the so-called darts organisation. If they don't, that's their problem and can't sympathize with them.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:54 pm

Rogg wrote:Two weeks from today, Q-School! Really does cast a delightful shadow over piss palace proceedings.

Dean Reynolds has a tour card offer on the table from the Dev. Tour... that's probably as interesting as it will get on the BDO side of things.

Think you are correct, that is how little interest the bdo switchers can create these days

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:59 pm

I'd be surprised if Reynolds didn't take his Lakeside cash and use it to fund the Pro Tour
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:02 pm

he will never get a better chance and set up to start his carreer