OLD darts articles

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
The Ginge Reaper

Re: OLD darts articles

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:48 pm

Lister of Smeg wrote:The fucking face on that carpet eater. Pure scum.
There is an article somewhere that suggests Ana was asked to lose the match on purpose because Trina had recently lost her mum. I'll try and find it.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Lister of Smeg

Post by Lister of Smeg » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:50 pm

I remember seeing that article, Ginge. Would be good for it to be found and posted again though,

On a related note, I honestly think they rigged it last year so she would win the tournament.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:51 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:
Lister of Smeg wrote:The fucking face on that carpet eater. Pure scum.
There is an article somewhere that suggests Ana was asked to lose the match on purpose because Trina had recently lost her mum. I'll try and find it.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.cheste ... oid-h3g-gb

Didn't take me long to find. Phone playing up so wouldn't let me copy the direct link. Maybe someone could paste the article on here...
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Lister of Smeg

Post by Lister of Smeg » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:55 pm

Your wish is my command.

Darts: Fury as Cheshire Ladies player Anastasia Dobromyslova is accused of using ‘mind games’ on way to world title victory

THE husband of darts player Anastasia Dobromyslova is fuming after his wife was branded ‘arrogant’ and was accused of using ‘mind games’ on the way to winning her second women’s world title.

Dobromyslova got her hands on the 2012 world crown last Friday when she defeated Oxfordshire’s Deta Hedman at the Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships in Frimley Green, Surrey.

The 27-year-old hails from Russia but she has lived in Ellesmere Port with husband Tony Martin for the last five years. She plays for Cheshire Ladies, as well as Barrow Social Club in the Cheshire Super League.
Some of the gloss was taken off Dobromyslova’s world title win when certain officials from the British Darts Organisation (BDO) gave her a frosty reception.

According to husband Martin, they were unhappy at seeing Trina Gulliver – the long-established golden girl of British darts – eliminated by his wife in the semi-finals.

Martin was also incensed by a report of the semi-final match which appeared on the BDO’s official website. In it, Dobromyslova is referred to as a ‘snarling black-shirted Russian’ who exuded ‘arrogance’ and ‘used mind games to topple the Golden Girl’.

Martin, a former darts pro himself, said: “There was a lot of controversy while we were down there. It took the shine off everything. We want an apology because we feel it’s tarnished her name.”

Martin said there was a bitterness towards his wife from certain BDO officials.

“They thought Ana was being disrespectful to Trina,” he said. “They said Ana was over-celebrating. Trina’s mother had died recently and there were people coming up to Ana saying she should let Trina win. It was ludicrous.”

After beating Gulliver in the semis, Dobromyslova was involved in a thrilling final against top seed Hedman on Friday. The unseeded Russian fought back from a set down to win 2-1 and claim the £10,000 prize.

Dobromyslova won her first women’s world title in 2008 but then left the BDO and signed for the rival Professional Darts Corporation. She re-joined the BDO last year.

A spokesman for the BDO said: “We employ a freelance journalist, who is unbiased, to write our match reports. We stand by the report.”

Martin and Dobromyslova married in 2008 after meeting three years earlier.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:56 pm

THE husband of darts player Anastasia Dobromyslova is fuming after his wife was branded ‘arrogant’ and was accused of using ‘mind games’ on the way to winning her second women’s world title.

Dobromyslova got her hands on the 2012 world crown last Friday when she defeated Oxfordshire’s Deta Hedman at the Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships in Frimley Green, Surrey.
The 27-year-old hails from Russia but she has lived in Ellesmere Port with husband Tony Martin for the last five years. She plays for Cheshire Ladies, as well as Barrow Social Club in the Cheshire Super League.

Some of the gloss was taken off Dobromyslova’s world title win when certain officials from the British Darts Organisation (BDO) gave her a frosty reception.
According to husband Martin, they were unhappy at seeing Trina Gulliver – the long-established golden girl of British darts – eliminated by his wife in the semi-finals.

Martin was also incensed by a report of the semi-final match which appeared on the BDO’s official website. In it, Dobromyslova is referred to as a ‘snarling black-shirted Russian’ who exuded ‘arrogance’ and ‘used mind games to topple the Golden Girl’.
Martin, a former darts pro himself, said: “There was a lot of controversy while we were down there. It took the shine off everything. We want an apology because we feel it’s tarnished her name.”
Martin said there was a bitterness towards his wife from certain BDO officials.

“They thought Ana was being disrespectful to Trina,” he said. “They said Ana was over-celebrating. Trina’s mother had died recently and there were people coming up to Ana saying she should let Trina win. It was ludicrous.”
After beating Gulliver in the semis, Dobromyslova was involved in a thrilling final against top seed Hedman on Friday. The unseeded Russian fought back from a set down to win 2-1 and claim the £10,000 prize.

Dobromyslova won her first women’s world title in 2008 but then left the BDO and signed for the rival Professional Darts Corporation. She re-joined the BDO last year.
A spokesman for the BDO said: “We employ a freelance journalist, who is unbiased, to write our match reports. We stand by the report.”
Martin and Dobromyslova married in 2008 after meeting three years earlier.

Lister of Smeg

Post by Lister of Smeg » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:57 pm

Too slow, MvG :D

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:06 pm

:)
not a girl

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:24 am

Rogg wrote:2007: "I have been in talks about signing up for the PDC, there is an offer on the table. But I've now told them what I want so it's just a case of them coming back to me again."

2012: "I was actually e-mailing the PDC to go to Q School and I changed my mind at the last minute. I think I have got a world championship left in me here."
The sad thing is, that last sentence might be more likely to come true in 2017 than it was in 2012.

I do wonder what Fitton thought about having gone from interest by the PDC as a possible (relatively) big name switcher to "yeah, Darryl, you're welcome to try Q School" in just a few years. Not to mention where he's at now.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:10 pm

Zeyes wrote:
Rogg wrote:2007: "I have been in talks about signing up for the PDC, there is an offer on the table. But I've now told them what I want so it's just a case of them coming back to me again."

2012: "I was actually e-mailing the PDC to go to Q School and I changed my mind at the last minute. I think I have got a world championship left in me here."

2017:
The sad thing is, that last sentence might be more likely to come true in 2017 than it was in 2012.

I do wonder what Fitton thought about having gone from interest by the PDC as a possible (relatively) big name switcher to "yeah, Darryl, you're welcome to try Q School" in just a few years. Not to mention where he's at now.
We know where he's at now, at least. His mind is riddled with regret. Durrant looks like he could be going through the same cycle and made a Fintonesque quote to go with it:
"I was very close to joining the PDC and if I was here being interviewed after a First or Second Round loss at Lakeshite I'd have told you I was going to Q School."
not a girl

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:05 pm

Thank God Hogan Choked then

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:27 pm

Rogg wrote:
Zeyes wrote:I do wonder what Fitton thought about having gone from interest by the PDC as a possible (relatively) big name switcher to "yeah, Darryl, you're welcome to try Q School" in just a few years. Not to mention where he's at now.
We know where he's at now, at least. His mind is riddled with regret. Durrant looks like he could be going through the same cycle and made a Fintonesque quote to go with it:
"I was very close to joining the PDC and if I was here being interviewed after a First or Second Round loss at Lakeshite I'd have told you I was going to Q School."
Also Mitchell, of course:
The 44-year-old, set to begin his British Darts Organisation World Championship campaign tomorrow, is open to a move to the lucrative PDC circuit.

Legendary commentator Dave Lanning suggested the Bransgore ace would benefit from such a switch but Mitchell insisted inflated tour costs could prove a sticking point.

He told the Daily Echo: “If I don’t go to the PDC one day, I think I will live with regrets.

“I don’t want to be 60 years old and think that I should have had a go. But it’s about the capital.

“It would be nice to have the offer because it means you are playing great. But it’s not quite as simple as just going across and playing, unfortunately.
He won the Lakeside title the next week. I wonder if he didn't get "the offer" he expected and that's why his tone has shifted so sharply over the two years since?

Anyway, I think Durrant realizes that if he never does the PDC, he'll be a forgotten man in 20 years, like every BDO-exclusive player from this era will be except Adams and Waites. I guess Fitton realizes it now, too, just way too late to do anything about it.
Last edited by Zeyes on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:27 pm

yes,yes it is

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:43 pm

Hello, the original World Trophy press release. Some minor 'any luck?' possibilities at the bottom, I'm afraid.

THE BDO WORLD TROPHY
12 November 2013

The BDO World Trophy is the Newest “Major” added to the BDO’s events calendar it is: A genuine world open competition for all, including professional and amateur players (Compliant with BDO Eligibility Rules)

Held from February 4th – 9th 2014 at Blackpool’s Iconic Tower.. Utilising the entire venue for Knockouts right through to the Final.

4th Ladies Knockout event held in the Tower Lounge and Circus

5th Men’s Knockout event held in the Tower Lounge and Circus

6th to the 9th Main event held in the World Famous Tower Ballroom

Top World (Grade A) ranking points

£115,000 prize fund – the second largest behind the Lakeshite World Championships Participation from the world’s top ranked players:

7 qualifiers

14 top ranked BDO professional darts players.

Winners of the Lakeshite & Winmau Masters

8 players from around the World representing the USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia & Scandinavia and Baltic regions

1 Wild Card Player
8 top ranked ladies & 8 qualifiers

Schedule, Qualifiers, and full details to follow. Join our Newsletter to be kept up to date about all things BDO Events. Or Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Face book. The winner automatically qualifies for the end of season Super Series.
not a girl

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:48 pm

If the PDC ever turns parts of the World Series into proper ranking events, they should just put the boot in by calling it the PDC Super Series.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:50 pm

Zeyes wrote:If the PDC ever turns parts of the World Series into proper ranking events, they should just put the boot in by calling it the PDC Super Series.
:lol:
not a girl

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:58 pm

Zeyes wrote:If the PDC ever turns parts of the World Series into proper ranking events, they should just put the boot in by calling it the PDC Super Series.

could you imagine the crying...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:01 pm

Stephen Bunting: Lakeside Champion talks PDC switch and World Matchplay hopes
http://www.skysports.com/darts/news/122 ... play-hopes
18th July 2014

The Liverpool native faces the colourful Peter Wright in the first round on Monday and told Sky Sports he doesn’t need any gimmicks to win over the fans at one of the PDC’s biggest events of the year…

-----

skysports.com: Was it a tough decision to move over?

SB: Yes. It was probably the hardest decision I have ever had to make. Me and my manager sat down for many, many hours discussing the possible move. A couple of years before I was thinking about doing it, but I always wanted to win the Lakeside so it just felt like the right time to make the switch and to play against the world’s elite.

skysports.com: Have you noticed a big gulf in standard between the two organisations? Is the gap as wide as people say it is?

SB: Yeah. When I played in the BDO I never really saw it. I used to watch the TV darts all the time, but you don’t see the floor games. You have to average between 95 and 105 just to win games on the floor in the PDC. That’s a massive difference.
not a girl

Surreys finest

Post by Surreys finest » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:14 pm

People might have been deluded on Buntings behalf, but it seems like he himself realized how tough it was going to be.
"John Walton trying out Q school is like a vicar trying gangsta rap"

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:36 pm

And he did have the balls to give the pdc a go.

The Shank

Post by The Shank » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:40 pm

Justin Credible wrote:And he did have the balls to give the pdc a go.
He did, and at the right time too.

At least he won't have any 'what if' thoughts later.

Unlike some idiots still in the BDO.