Chizzyfan's Chizzy major sweekstake

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO

How many majors will Chizzy win?

75%
7%
4%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
9 or more
14%

Total votes: 28

Randall
Site Admin

Re: Chizzyfan's Chizzy major sweekstake

Post by Randall » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:16 pm

Justin Credible wrote:we were doing it years before even this place started.

MH , Noisy Randall and myself were not only there for years on the old dolefinish but on the old bbc 606.

Some of the dolefinish lads were as well including rout, macca and a couple of others
We must have been talking shit for nigh on a decade now.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:12 pm

Darth Randall wrote:
Justin Credible wrote:we were doing it years before even this place started.

MH , Noisy Randall and myself were not only there for years on the old dolefinish but on the old bbc 606.

Some of the dolefinish lads were as well including rout, macca and a couple of others
We must have been talking shit for nigh on a decade now.

a load of us with 40 years plus experience of that :lol:

Chizzyfan

Post by Chizzyfan » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:45 pm

Having spent several hours performing a comprehensive analysis of the results thus far, it is translucent that the majority of people who voted are either completely clueless (Sennafan) or more likely, just clicked the first option as it was the easy thing to do. Only one other legend, probably JC or maybe even Lister, voted for Chizzy to win 9 or more; that was a sensible vote, well done! As of 8:45 on Sunday 20th March, only 28% of TDF users have any amount of sense at all. I shall revisit this poll at the end of Chizzy's career to see how many he won, or perhaps by the end of next year when he will have won at least 5 majors.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:50 pm

opps...the Zero's got another vote

Chizzyfan

Post by Chizzyfan » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:50 pm

*some other idiot just voted for no majors. Fool.

Chizzyfan

Post by Chizzyfan » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:51 pm

Dartsjournalist , PT13 or Surreys finest. I suspect one of those fools.

PT13

Post by PT13 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:04 pm

Chizzyfan wrote:Dartsjournalist , PT13 or Surreys finest. I suspect one of those fools.
I haven't voted. Chizzy needs to get more consistency or he isn't going to win majors.

Chizzyfan

Post by Chizzyfan » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:08 pm

PT13 wrote:
Chizzyfan wrote:Dartsjournalist , PT13 or Surreys finest. I suspect one of those fools.
I haven't voted. Chizzy needs to get more consistency or he isn't going to win majors.
It is easy to say that, but with his lack of consistency, he has managed 3 t.v finals. Had he turned up in one of them, or like Wade, been facing a yank or Jobber Jenkins he could have won one like the Grandslam when he ran a brilliant Taylor very close. All he needs is a bit of luck.

PT13

Post by PT13 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:27 pm

Chizzyfan wrote:
PT13 wrote:
It is easy to say that, but with his lack of consistency, he has managed 3 t.v finals. Had he turned up in one of them, or like Wade, been facing a yank or Jobber Jenkins he could have won one like the Grandslam when he ran a brilliant Taylor very close. All he needs is a bit of luck.
The 2013 World Grand Prix final was a complete massacre in the first 5 sets. Chizzy only had 1 dart at a finish in the whole of the first 5 sets and even that was at the bullseye! Taylor won 6-0. The 2014 Grand Slam final Chizzy did well to fight back in after a poor start and he showed determination as Taylor struggled to close it out, but again his poor start and going 10-15 behind after drawing level cost him.

Regarding Terry Jenkins, he doesn't fear any opponent because he's beaten the top players on TV, but he has had problems performing in TV finals. On the other hand, Jenkins has faced Taylor, Barney, Wade, Lewis and MvG in these finals. Jenkins was only the pre-match favourite in one, which was the 2007 World Matchplay final against Wade.

And James Wade? The third most successful player in PDC history in terms of major titles won, although the Jimmy White of darts in having not won a World Championship.

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:52 am

Sure, I think chizzy will win a major. maybe more.
he's definitely good enough.

Chizzyfan

Post by Chizzyfan » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:36 am

Rogg wrote:If we're talking TV titles, there are so many, that if he stays at the top-ish table for another 5+ years, he should break his yellow duck. It might take freak results and general carnage to light his path however, but that does happen now and again. I'm going to say 1, which would be a decent return for a choker with a terrible snatchy action and the status of Wolfie's bitch.

Once he wins one, he'll become a stronger player, and then maybe win another. I doubt it mind. He's shit mate.
Only 3 years left for your 5-year plan. You better be right or I am demoting you to a bog-standard goatfish.

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:12 pm

I think that he will have to improve his consistency dramatically to win a TV title.
I can see the odd PC win and possibly a semi final or maybe a final in the future but he would need all the big boys to be knocked out to actually win one. There are too many players better than him at the moment.
He is sitting at 12th in the current 2017/18 rankings and could well be outside the top 16 by January so I think it is only going to get harder for him.
Shame really, as I enjoyed watching his heavy scoring a couple of years back

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:24 pm

The in form Chizzy is an absolute treat to watch. The current one, meh. I wouldn't mind if he played like a real top 6-8 player but all this jobbing and snatching recently has been a tough spectacle.

Can he win a major, nah I really can't see it right now. In his current state, even getting to a big final would be a surprise and a huge result for him.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:32 pm

Looks great one day, awful the next.
Far to inconsistent to win major played over a week or more.
Even when he does play at his best he runs into mvg, gando etc.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:18 pm

Chizzyfan wrote:
Rogg wrote:If we're talking TV titles, there are so many, that if he stays at the top-ish table for another 5+ years, he should break his yellow duck. It might take freak results and general carnage to light his path however, but that does happen now and again. I'm going to say 1, which would be a decent return for a choker with a terrible snatchy action and the status of Wolfie's bitch.

Once he wins one, he'll become a stronger player, and then maybe win another. I doubt it mind. He's shit mate.
Only 3 years left for your 5-year plan. You better be right or I am demoting you to a bog-standard goatfish.
He has been tightly stitched into at least another 2 pockets since I posted the above and I was calling him shit then.

I don't expect things will get better. He was in fantastic form against JdZ in Blackpool but seemed like a bewildered old man by mid-match. Sad to see (howling). Sad to see.
not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:33 pm

Did you ever clarify what a sweekstake is btw?
not a girl

Chizzyfan

Post by Chizzyfan » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:51 pm

Rogg wrote:Did you ever clarify what a sweekstake is btw?
I did notice that. I think at the time the thought was to make it more Chizzyesque,I would spell it wrong....

By the way, who are the two new pockets Chizzy is in? Jeffrey is not one surely. Chizzy let him win at the Matchplay for the story.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:21 pm

Chizzyfan wrote:
Rogg wrote:Did you ever clarify what a sweekstake is btw?
I did notice that. I think at the time the thought was to make it more Chizzyesque,I would spell it wrong....

By the way, who are the two new pockets Chizzy is in? Jeffrey is not one surely. Chizzy let him win at the Matchplay for the story.
Pockets was a funny word. My point really was about all the players who have won a first senior TV event of some description since you did your sweekstake in March 2016. We barely knew who Cross was and Gurney possibly wasn't in the Top 32.

Chizzy is still in that queue and is not holding his place. De Zwaan who must be 15 years younger than Daave flattening what started off his A-game in Blackpool was a sign of the times I feel.
not a girl

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:19 pm

How many accounts does the goat herder have?

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:44 pm

I'll be honest, I'm hearing zero.

Imagine how many players not wearing yellow have actually won a first TV title since this alleged sweepstake emerged in March 2016.
not a girl