Cannibals - the most retarded forum comments ever thread...

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
fandarts

Re: Facts

Post by fandarts » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:43 pm

oh the great bully boy smith, a player so good, that he was beaten by a woman on the "pro" tour, another fact.
Justin Credible wrote:all jail the pdc

LAUGHING AT THE PDC SINCE 1993

Thaddeus Griffin

Post by Thaddeus Griffin » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:55 pm

fandarts wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:43 pm oh the great bully boy smith, a player so good, that he was beaten by a woman on the "pro" tour, another fact.
I agree, it’s fantastic to see how the women’s game is progressing!

Can’t wait to watch Lakeside and see a field of players who would have been at Ally Pally, if only they had qualified. Oh, with the honourable exceptions of spineless (oh, awkward) and Montgomery.

fandarts

Post by fandarts » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:05 pm

you will be seeing a official world darts championship, not a rebel tour coronation.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:45 pm

fandarts wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:05 pm you will be seeing a official world darts championship, not a rebel tour coronation.
Your so called "Official World Darts Championship" is no more than a Grand Slam qualifier
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

fandarts

Post by fandarts » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:48 pm

thats a stupid post mh

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:55 pm

fandarts wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:48 pm thats a stupid post mh
So it's not a Grand Slam qualifier?
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:56 pm

Seething

Rogg

Re: Cannibals - the most retarded forum comments ever thread...

Post by Rogg » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:33 pm

Could this be a reaction to the issue there’s only around 270 names for Euro one, so Barry isn’t getting the cream in euroland, again uk one is jam packed while it’s easier to qualify for a card on the continent argument will carry on
There suddenly go JvT, Darius, Baetens and Big Geert under the bus. How sharply the mushrooms will abandon.

Quite tickled by the idea that 'the cream in euroland' somehow eludes the PDC. Willem Mandigers has let them know what he wants and it's just a case of them getting back to him. An SBS6 wildcard to Ally Pally is the latest rumour.
not a girl

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:50 am

Yeah, I read that post yesterday and couldn't even decide which part to facepalm about first. A highlight even by the standards of that particular TSOD moron.

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:43 am

Rogg wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:33 pm
Could this be a reaction to the issue there’s only around 270 names for Euro one, so Barry isn’t getting the cream in euroland, again uk one is jam packed while it’s easier to qualify for a card on the continent argument will carry on
There suddenly go JvT, Darius, Baetens and Big Geert under the bus. How sharply the mushrooms will abandon.

Quite tickled by the idea that 'the cream in euroland' somehow eludes the PDC. Willem Mandigers has let them know what he wants and it's just a case of them getting back to him. An SBS6 wildcard to Ally Pally is the latest rumour.
Pretty sad for that guy to completely disregard a two-time BDO World Youth Champ and three Frimley Green quarter-finalists (one of whom just defeated a one/four/five-time World Champion [delete as appropriate depending on mushroom level]) like that. As if the likes of Wouter Vaes and Roger Janssen missing out on Hildesheim will be such a bad thing. :roll:

"only around 270 names"
Last year's entry list was 184. This year's is 249. That's a 35% increase. I'd say that's pretty significant.
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

fandarts

Post by fandarts » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:14 pm

in 2007 martin adams and phil nixon played the greatest world final ever, wolfie winning his first world pro title, interestingly in the same championship mvg lost in the first round to gary robson and gary anderson was also sent packing, 2 men who have gone onto dominate the pdc in recent years.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:16 pm

Another fact.

As of 10 days before the final, they have only managed to shift 78.5% of the tickets.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

fandarts

Post by fandarts » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:17 pm

better to play in the same venue then tighten up the hall to make it appear full

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:18 pm

"Moved to a smaller room" :pointing:
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:27 pm

On that same note, DavidB not impressed by today's proceedings.
Who was it that said the better Euro talent was at this Q-School and not Lakeside??
What he thinks awaits at Lakeside I still can't imagine... apparently not just another batch of patchy half-baked oddities.
not a girl

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:03 pm

The stupidity of mushrooms surrounding the PDC Q-school is unbelievable. The growth of the Euro Q-school is pretty impressive, any johnny foreigner that has an ounce of ambition to play pro darts will be at Q-school. The rest can stick to the BDO and really who gives a shit about them.

On the notion that it is a lottery: Lots of BDO euro events are in the 200+ in participation and I don't hear the mushrooms saying the Dutch open, etc. are lotteries. Q-school gives you 4 events to make a mark or show some consistency, honestly if you can't do something in 4 days then you need to fuck off to the CT to develop your game. I am a big Cody Harris and Portella fan and that applies to them as well.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

StevieBoy

Post by StevieBoy » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:31 pm

I thought it was Fact!

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:06 am

cannibal wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:03 pm On the notion that it is a lottery: Lots of BDO euro events are in the 200+ in participation and I don't hear the mushrooms saying the Dutch open, etc. are lotteries. Q-school gives you 4 events to make a mark or show some consistency, honestly if you can't do something in 4 days then you need to fuck off to the CT to develop your game. I am a big Cody Harris and Portella fan and that applies to them as well.
I feel the level of anti-shroomery has led to people defending Q-School when perhaps they wouldn't normally. Harris for example showed consistency all year last year on the Challenge Tour against pretty much the same guys he'll be up against at Q-School, except over 20 tournaments, not 4. Him missing out on a tour card literally came down to interpretation, is it really fair that he might end up consigned to the Challenge Tour again?

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:09 am

Q-School is becoming a money-spinner for the PDC though, in the end they'll probably get somewhere near 1,000 people sign up so they'll squeeze whatever money they can, even if some of the players there 'should' have already earned a tour card

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:17 am

More cards should come from the CT. The whole set up has to be more of a true tiered system. Some cards should come from q school as well.

Seriously I don't think any of those who didn't get cards are world beaters. If they where they would get enough results to get up to 64.

I think a lot of gushing recently over rather average players is more the order of the day than antishoomery around here.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation