Cannibals - the most retarded forum comments ever thread...

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
cannibal

Re: Cannibals - the most retarded forum comments ever threa

Post by cannibal » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:10 am

Very possible PDC creates an Amateur World Championship. Several years ago I thought that hypothetically if PDC swallowed up BDO that Lakeside could become the Amateur World Championship. Rethinking it I would say bin the Lakeside completely and use the World Masters structure as foundation for an amateur worlds in the hypothetical scenario.

Am I the only one that actually likes the best of 3 legs per set? I admit the format is not the best way to suss out the better player but from a viewer perspective I like it for a couple reasons. Adds pressure no time to settle in. Can't afford to be pissing legs away, and most importantly when the standard is shit it is all over much more quickly. The nonsense of putting the seeds into this so late is ridiculous.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:54 pm

cannibal wrote:Very possible PDC creates an Amateur World Championship. Several years ago I thought that hypothetically if PDC swallowed up BDO that Lakeshite could become the Amateur World Championship. Rethinking it I would say bin the Lakeshite completely and use the World Masters structure as foundation for an amateur worlds in the hypothetical scenario.

Am I the only one that actually likes the best of 3 legs per set? I admit the format is not the best way to suss out the better player but from a viewer perspective I like it for a couple reasons. Adds pressure no time to settle in. Can't afford to be pissing legs away, and most importantly when the standard is shit it is all over much more quickly. The nonsense of putting the seeds into this so late is ridiculous.
It has it's merits!
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:01 pm

Not a forum, but on Facebook. Oh dear:

Darryl Fitton
A complete new board is needed
Leave the present board to run the BICC and start another board with the Dutch the belgiums the Germans bring involved the British way isn’t working I know Coming out of the EU is close but listen to Modern reasoning and thinking !!! The board to consist of the WDF & BDO chairperson the “BDO advisers
Sportotal “ one from each country ie England Holland , Germany , Belgium then one top player either ex or current player ! Or a players Representative Someone like Alan Soutar to look after the Youth ! Then start a membership Scheme to generate money !!
Maybe the WDF should take over the Tour !! They are the governing body of World Darts
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:13 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:Not a forum, but on Facebook. Oh dear:

Darryl Fitton
Leave the present board to run the BICC and start another board with the Dutch the belgiums the Germans bring involved the British way isn’t working I know Coming out of the EU is close but listen to Modern reasoning and thinking !!! The board to consist of the WDF & BDO chairperson the “BDO advisers
Sportotal “ one from each country ie England Holland , Germany , Belgium then one top player either ex or current player ! Or a players Representative Someone like Alan Soutar to look after the Youth ! Then start a membership Scheme to generate money !!
Maybe the WDF should take over the Tour !! They are the governing body of World Darts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I am looking forward to receiving my membership application pack in due course :lol: :lol: :lol:

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:17 pm

A new era perchance?

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:05 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:Not a forum, but on Facebook. Oh dear:

Darryl Fitton

PMSL. I thought the fat self groping fuck had surgery on his hip or leg, seems the surgeons conducted a lobotomy.
We Desire Information.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:06 pm

Darryl Flintstone. Have some dignity pal. Go somewhere nice for a little while and just sit there quietly.
not a girl

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:09 pm

I wonder which Germans he wants to have involved considering the board of the German org is currently in even worse shape than the BDO's. And from what's been posted elsewhere things aren't much better for the Dutch and especially the Belgians either. Heck, apparently the Belgian national org is being wound up completely and reconstituted from scratch.

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:38 pm

From another forum, an American opinion on the relaunch of the PDC's streaming service:
A damned shame that the PDC has made the enjoyment of viewing dart competition into a revenue stream. If they were to legitimize the PDC competitions by normal national broadcast and choose the appropriate sponsorship, they could still make their money, not alienate dart aficionados, not exploit the sport in theses negative terms and more widely promote darts to a much larger audience who would otherwise never get involved.
An NBC-CBS bidding war for the PDC broadcast rights is surely imminent.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:32 pm

Zeyes, where did you find that gem? Sounds like an American cousin of the fake Irish Farmer.

Not sure how national broadcaster "legitimizes" the sport? I doubt this person has a clue how American sports are primarily driven by money network and sponsor. Look at the history of college sports in USA. It is not even top tier yet it is completely driven by money from broadcasters and sponsors. Americans only care about American sports. Most of these stupid fucks here will watch 3 to 4 hours of sport with commercial breaks about every 10 minutes and game stopage way more frequently than that. For an event that in game time may actually be played out in about 1hr and 20 minutes. It takes 3-4 hours because of the money generation required by the network and the owners. Don't even get me started on the college sports and how ESPN and other networks have turned college sports into major money sucks for universities, fucking modern day slavery for the players. Networks are the ones making all the money on that deal. Darts will never get a sizeable audience in America for it to be on the major broadcasters radar. Plus the time difference is a killer for serious money no body pays shit for Ad spots in delay games or games in the middle of the afternoon when Joe six pack is working out on the weekend when he is watching American sports on the weekend.

I use to think having a yank player being competitive at the top end, a real consistent contender would change things for the American market. Don't believe that anymore as the market is changing and competition is going to be fierce for the money makers, especially with growth of gambling here. The push is going to be on in the traditional American sports as those are known markets. Don't see gambling being a big boon for darts here.
We Desire Information.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:14 pm

Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:25 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:Hello "George"!

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... t_91749296
Your mate Daz in with a reply as well.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:09 pm

What has progress got to do with it??
From over the road. Oh well then.
not a girl

StevieBoy

Post by StevieBoy » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:45 pm

Good news - Fuck off!

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:50 pm

A comment on the next page: " Be nice if they could use John Rawling in commentary too "

John Rawling is terrible. Completely clueless about darts.
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:08 pm

Only surprised they haven't suggested sid.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:32 pm

More lies from George!

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... t_91839426

Think you will find it was Oche who said all that :D

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:03 pm

Proven mushroom Davidb feeling the strain at the end of a long week. A sad sight.
The big two ease through, no surprise - not another single player who can touch either let alone play the game these two do and win majors.
not a girl

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:31 pm

Rogg wrote:Proven mushroom Davidb feeling the strain at the end of a long week. A sad sight.
The big two ease through, no surprise - not another single player who can touch either let alone play the game these two do and win majors.
Durrant and mcgeeney in another bdo final somewhere?

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:52 pm

Rogg wrote:Proven mushroom Davidb feeling the strain at the end of a long week. A sad sight.
Is that the guy people suspected was Scott Mitchell? Or is it the guy who says "lakey" in every post?
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:09 pm
Randall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm Dulla has never faced anything like Taylor in top gear.
Maybe he could have dragged Taylor down, we will never know.