Cannibals - the most retarded forum comments ever thread...

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Randall
Site Admin

Re: Cannibals - the most retarded forum comments ever threa

Post by Randall » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:38 am

The group stage is an irrelevance as we all know.
Its how they do beyond that where it counts.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:00 am

Randall wrote:The group stage is an irrelevance as we all know.
Its how they do beyond that where it counts.
When this event started, the only thing that counted was winning the fucker. That's a full decade before nearly beating Berry van Peer in Group H became elevated to some grisly badge of honour. This spectacular shift in attitude says everything.
not a girl

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:30 pm

The gimps have nothing else to cling too.

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:46 pm

Rogg wrote:Scratching about in the dirt, welcome to cross-code in 2018. I remember semi-finalists, finalists and a winner.
BDO Have never has the top 8 in their rankings. This year they will. Not saying it will be any better but we may see different results. BDO were realistically 4 legs away from beating the PDC players(Group stages) last year (Monday when Mitchell, Menzies, Durrant & McGeeney)
FWIW those defeats were against, respectively: Bunting, van Peer, Cadby, Smith.
Well you can't 'realistically' expect elite BDO players to beat all the greats in one night, especially in a gruelling best of 9.
They were not 4 legs away from beating them.

Had Mitchell, Menzies, Durrant and McGeeney all won their games in the final leg, the tally would have stood at 12-12. And only Durrant, Menzies and Mitchell would have advanced to the group stage (3/8). McGeeney would have been eliminated anyway even if had won his final game.

He's also ignoring that the PDC's reps last year included Green, Van peer. Mark Webster, Murnan, and Lennon,
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:09 pm
Randall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm Dulla has never faced anything like Taylor in top gear.
Maybe he could have dragged Taylor down, we will never know.

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:06 pm

Rogg wrote:When this event started, the only thing that counted was winning the fucker. That's a full decade before nearly beating Berry van Peer in Group H became elevated to some grisly badge of honour. This spectacular shift in attitude says everything.
The Wikipedia main article on the Grand Slam has a table column "Champion's Organization". Becomes funnier to see every year.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:00 pm

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... -seventies

The final line of the opening post :D
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:52 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... -seventies

The final line of the opening post :D
Surely that is a wind up...
If not, Where has he been for the last ten years?

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:39 pm

I'm guessing the PDC hasn't put enough flyers through mailboxes in his area.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:41 pm

Zeyes wrote:I'm guessing the PDC hasn't put enough flyers through mailboxes in his area.
Must have missed his local when the posters for ally pally went up.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:30 pm

When you get this stupid protection by redacting names isn't deserved. Fake Irish Farmer McGinty
"Ginge's "well timed" publication could now jeopardise ongoing, current negotiations with other broadcasters."
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:32 pm

cannibal wrote:When you get this stupid protection by redacting names isn't deserved. Fake Irish Farmer McGinty
"Ginge's "well timed" publication could now jeopardise ongoing, current negotiations with other broadcasters."
Yes, the revelation that they don't have a deal must be a bolt from blue for any potential new broadcaster partner :D
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:28 am

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... t_91432796

Post #512. a cracking bit of trolling, "George" mate :D

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:13 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... t_91432796

Post #512. a cracking bit of trolling, "George" mate :D
Oh no, someone bit!

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... t_91452949

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:17 pm

Here is a stupid question put forth by some darts forum user.
"Should the BDO look to the PDC in offering this event (re: The Masters) to them to protect its long history?"

Yes what the PDC wants is to be strapped down to this millstone. The only bigger millstone is actually the task of taking on the ladies game.
We Desire Information.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:53 pm

cannibal wrote:Here is a stupid question put forth by some darts forum user.
"Should the BDO look to the PDC in offering this event (re: The Masters) to them to protect its long history?"

Yes what the PDC wants is to be strapped down to this millstone. The only bigger millstone is actually the task of taking on the ladies game.
Would be a perfect fit and replace the Open. Think about it
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:32 pm

I think the future of PDC in international markets is in events for the truly serious player,aka aspiring pro. Like the DPA,SDC, Asia tour etc. The underlying structure of qualifying events for the BDO Masters is an amateur affair mainly. That is too many punters that qualify and don't show up. Using regional tours to get the best of the best or at a minium the serious players banging on each other frequently is the way forward to bring the international players to the PDC. granted more has to happen to make it more economically feasible but I think the PDC is on its way there. PDC has had success doing it their way catering to the serious players in the regions and they need to continue with that formula.
We Desire Information.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:23 pm

Further lets assume the Masters is done and dusted for TV and Lakeside looks to be well on its way down the same road. So what does the BDO sanctioning mean in the international side of things? It means nothing, BDO travel club as well as the far flung affairs in the USA, Canada, Asia have no value. This creates a vacuum where the PDC can step in with small regional tours of 8 or more events that provide winners paid expense travel and prize money to get to PDC majors (of course PDC needs to find a place to stick those regional players for e.g. GSOD, World Cup, WC and even the UK Open). This creates value for those regional tours, something for the serious players to strive for, experience on the international TV stage, and of course rooting interest for the flag waving dart fans. PDC have enough events and opportunity to find places for the top international players, they just need to expand the regional structure a bit further especially where it matters to the TV markets they need to be closing in on. No reason for e.g. why Canada shouldn't have its own regional tour apart from America. Further the Asia Pro Tour side of things probably will break down into at least 3 regional markets in the next several years.

I seriously think BDO is close to done as an org providing serious top end of the game opportunitites even on the international level. No serious international player should give a single fuck about BDO as more than likely they don't even break even showing up at the 2 so called majors.
We Desire Information.

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:29 pm

cannibal wrote:I think the future of PDC in international markets is in events for the truly serious player,aka aspiring pro. Like the DPA,SDC, Asia tour etc. The underlying structure of qualifying events for the BDO Masters is an amateur affair mainly. That is too many punters that qualify and don't show up. Using regional tours to get the best of the best or at a minium the serious players banging on each other frequently is the way forward to bring the international players to the PDC. granted more has to happen to make it more economically feasible but I think the PDC is on its way there. PDC has had success doing it their way catering to the serious players in the regions and they need to continue with that formula.
All true, but IMHO taking over the World Masters would be a super-cheap way to throw a bone to everyone working under the WDF umbrella. (And to darts history.) Heck, the PDC has managed to get the North American world championship qualifier on (British!) TV. And outside of the UK everybody already understands that the Masters is a championship for amateur players, so it's not like there would be any significant "we're not dropping the 'professional' label" pushback as there is with the Lakeside.

I still think the Masters should be played the first week of December and award the last Ally Pally spot to who would essentially be the amateur world champion. Would work even better now than when I first conceived of it, now that the PDC will only allow tour card holders to play the PDPA qualifier. The World Masters could be the last-chance qualifier for non-Pro tour players, including those who won events on all the PDC's own affiliated tours but didn't already qualify for Ally Pally by right.

That said, the initial "should the BDO offer the Masters to the PDC" question was still pretty stupid. Even I don't think the PDC should bother working with the BDO on this, they should just wait until the Masters fails in its current form and then swoop in.

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:38 pm

Zeyes wrote:I still think the Masters should be played the first week of December and award the last Ally Pally spot to who would essentially be the amateur world champion. Would work even better now than when I first conceived of it, now that the PDC will only allow tour card holders to play the PDPA qualifier. The World Masters could be the last-chance qualifier for non-Pro tour players, including those who won events on all the PDC's own affiliated tours but didn't already qualify for Ally Pally by right.
I really like that idea.

Make it a completely open draw as well so there's no protection.
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:30 pm

Fiss Plaps wrote:Make it a completely open draw as well so there's no protection.
Yup. There'd be no need for protection anyway since there'd be no real "name players". Such a revamped World Masters could work pretty well if they restricted participation to event winners only, rather than the bastardization the BDO has created over the last few years. (All top 128 players from the Lakeside rankings?! Some of those guys haven't gone beyond the last 32 in any tournament.)

At least I think that would be a nice little boost for all lesser darts events worldwide, both those affiliated to the PDC through its various tours as well as the national/international events organized by WDF country orgs. Would also mean that the PDC could officially claim to be darts for all. :) Just win a recognized national event in your home country and you've got a (small, but available) chance to go all the way to Ally Pally, if you can get past seasoned event winners from the likes of the Challenge and Development Tours.

And needless to say: no British county-level qualifying events in my imagined World Masters reboot. Win an open or try your luck on the Challenge Tour.