Cannibals - the most retarded forum comments ever thread...

Chat and Gossip About Professional and Ever More Farcical BDO Darts
ChrisW
Posts: 3823
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:40 am
Contact:

Re: Cannibals - the most retarded forum comments ever thread...

Post by ChrisW » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:12 pm

It's is a great idea. Problem is the control over the quality of the management for the events. Needs to be a company they can trust.
They have had problems in Japan with this before. And don't seem to be returning there.
And end of the day you are expecting mostly the same players to be flying to the other side of the globe regularly 6 times a year.

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 24897
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Cannibals - the most retarded forum comments ever thread...

Post by Rogg » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:10 pm

All the idiots on here bemoaning averages in the 80’s have clearly never played the game.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
cannibal
Posts: 6179
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:41 am
Location: Tipping cows in fields Elysian
Contact:

Re: Cannibals - the most retarded forum comments ever thread...

Post by cannibal » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:40 am

Idiots who make the claim that players are developed by one side or the other. As if the BDO can somehow be justified and given credit for the sucess of certain players because they once played in that code. This is like giving credit to a world class track star first grade teacher because she let them run around the school yard during recess.

The BDO or the PDC for that matter didn't train the players didn't require they show up at the training grounds for practice. Doesnt provide them coaches or nutritionist. The players do it on their own. The code just provides opportunities to compete. Off course the PDC provides more and better paid opportunities. Meaning that player can be a full time player and dedicate more time to being a quality player. Meanwhile back in the BDO players time away from darts has to be used in useful employment like hanging doors, painting fences, bothering livestock, waiting for the dole check.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

User avatar
Tommo
Posts: 7434
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:01 am
Location: East Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Cannibals - the most retarded forum comments ever thread...

Post by Tommo » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:14 pm

The BDO is shite.
They're all here!

User avatar
M H
Site Admin
Posts: 74547
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:24 am
Contact:

Re: Cannibals - the most retarded forum comments ever thread...

Post by M H » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:30 pm

cannibal wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:40 am
Idiots who make the claim that players are developed by one side or the other. As if the BDO can somehow be justified and given credit for the sucess of certain players because they once played in that code. This is like giving credit to a world class track star first grade teacher because she let them run around the school yard during recess.

The BDO or the PDC for that matter didn't train the players didn't require they show up at the training grounds for practice. Doesnt provide them coaches or nutritionist. The players do it on their own. The code just provides opportunities to compete. Off course the PDC provides more and better paid opportunities. Meaning that player can be a full time player and dedicate more time to being a quality player. Meanwhile back in the BDO players time away from darts has to be used in useful employment like hanging doors, painting fences, bothering livestock, waiting for the dole check.
Can't think who you have in mind!
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

User avatar
Mabbsy
Posts: 6469
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:18 pm
Location: Rural Wiltshire
Contact:

Re: Cannibals - the most retarded forum comments ever thread...

Post by Mabbsy » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:46 pm

Tommo wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:14 pm
The BDO is shite.
Summed up perfectly

User avatar
Gidra
Posts: 600
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Cannibals - the most retarded forum comments ever thread...

Post by Gidra » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:15 pm

Mabbsy wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:46 pm
Tommo wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:14 pm
The BDO is shite.
Summed up perfectly
It could not be said any better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP2u4wJcnS0

User avatar
sennafan24
Moderator
Posts: 10802
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Cannibals - the most retarded forum comments ever thread...

Post by sennafan24 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:48 pm

From TSOD:
Seeing that virtually all of Fanatics seem to think it's in the same arena as the Premier League then it's probably needed 😂
How removed from reality are these people? Even the PDC couldn't run their entire world championship at the main O2 arena.
"nature v nuture , kid is surrounded by pricks you end up being one" Fandarts on Leighton Bennett

User avatar
Trueblue32
Posts: 2080
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Cannibals - the most retarded forum comments ever thread...

Post by Trueblue32 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:02 pm

If they added up all the crowd over the entire tournament it wouldn’t fill half of it
Thick cunts.

Nigel Cheeseman-Blenkinsop
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Cannibals - the most retarded forum comments ever thread...

Post by Nigel Cheeseman-Blenkinsop » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:50 pm

cannibal wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:40 am
Idiots who make the claim that players are developed by one side or the other. As if the BDO can somehow be justified and given credit for the sucess of certain players because they once played in that code. This is like giving credit to a world class track star first grade teacher because she let them run around the school yard during recess.

The BDO or the PDC for that matter didn't train the players didn't require they show up at the training grounds for practice. Doesnt provide them coaches or nutritionist. The players do it on their own. The code just provides opportunities to compete. Off course the PDC provides more and better paid opportunities. Meaning that player can be a full time player and dedicate more time to being a quality player. Meanwhile back in the BDO players time away from darts has to be used in useful employment like hanging doors, painting fences, bothering livestock, waiting for the dole check.
That's very true.
One problem with the pro thing and high prize money in pdc events is that alot of the top players seem to be stagnating the fatter they get ?
This comment wont meet with universal opinion but I think its true.

User avatar
Captain Hobo
Posts: 1756
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:06 am
Contact:

Re: Cannibals - the most retarded forum comments ever thread...

Post by Captain Hobo » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:33 am

Nigel Cheeseman-Blenkinsop wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:50 pm
cannibal wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:40 am
Idiots who make the claim that players are developed by one side or the other. As if the BDO can somehow be justified and given credit for the sucess of certain players because they once played in that code. This is like giving credit to a world class track star first grade teacher because she let them run around the school yard during recess.

The BDO or the PDC for that matter didn't train the players didn't require they show up at the training grounds for practice. Doesnt provide them coaches or nutritionist. The players do it on their own. The code just provides opportunities to compete. Off course the PDC provides more and better paid opportunities. Meaning that player can be a full time player and dedicate more time to being a quality player. Meanwhile back in the BDO players time away from darts has to be used in useful employment like hanging doors, painting fences, bothering livestock, waiting for the dole check.
That's very true.
One problem with the pro thing and high prize money in pdc events is that alot of the top players seem to be stagnating the fatter they get ?
This comment wont meet with universal opinion but I think its true.
Well you have certainly found an appropriate thread to air your opinions Nigel...

I think you are obsessed with the St Helens lads who carry a bit too much weight and don't win much.

I personally think they are 2 separate issues. Being overweight hasn't stopped Taylor and MvG dominating the game. The history of darts does lend itself to either 1 or 2 players at a time being completely dominant, therefore the other players in the Top 10 will always struggle to win much.

I think you're right about Bellyboy though, a lazy fucker who looks like he'll never reach his potential. How much of that is related to how much money he can make out of the game without winning a Major is hard to say, but he certainly is making good money just doing what he is.

I think Bunting has done well in the PDC. He got put into the PL too soon due to being overrated, but his results over the last couple of years are OK and he is about where he should be now. Similarly Chizzy has been up and down but has won 16 PDC titles, and may have picked up a major if not for Taylor and MvG always being there. He has made the most of his potential.

If you want to keep harping on about it, fine. But don't be surprised if people get a bit sick of hearing it.
Founding member of the Justin PlPE Appreciation Society.

User avatar
Jimmi
Posts: 437
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Cannibals - the most retarded forum comments ever thread...

Post by Jimmi » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:31 pm

Being overweight never stopped Lewis from winning 2 World Champions either.

Smith made 200k in one night for being in the final of the World's this year. That's more than most would make in almost 10 years.
He'll always be alright for a few quid. Don't even think he's in his 30's yet, so he'll be around for a long time.
John Rawling is a bellend. Pass it on.

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 24897
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Cannibals - the most retarded forum comments ever thread...

Post by Rogg » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:25 pm

I think whoever runs the BDO (I'm not sure anymore) need to grow some and tell the PDC it's there picks and if they dint like it pull the 8 players. I'm sure Sky would soon be into and asks what happening as they cant sell it to the general.public as a cross code event if no BDO players.

Absolutely disappointing with the selections but I did call it apart from Waites being dropped which I think is a oversight and they now worrying about this from what I heard.

Things ain't getting better, Things are getting worse.
The BDO advised to go in high with both feet, there.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

Post Reply
Users browsing this forum: Barney Army, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 20 guests