90 plus averages at B.D.O and PDC World Championships 94-05

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
fandarts

Re: 90 plus averages at B.D.O and PDC World Championships 94

Post by fandarts » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:06 pm

hiding behind dnb now, sad
Justin Credible wrote:all jail the pdc

LAUGHING AT THE PDC SINCE 1993

D & B

Post by D & B » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:12 pm

fandarts wrote:hiding behind dnb now, sad
I'm not that fat, ya cheeky cunt!

Fake Wade's Official Sunday Account

Post by Fake Wade's Official Sunday Account » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:13 pm

Prelims haven't been good.

From the last 32 on it's been good. Not even midway through the second round and as many or more 90 plus averages as 4 WDC/PDC WCs between 95-98.

If JC can't stay on topic there's no point in arguing with him. On several occasions when asked to discuss solely 1995-2004 he's lurched into detailed rants on things which happened well after this point in time or weren't world championships. He clearly has no confidence in his argument and can't answer two simple questions. No point in dragging that out.

It would be the equivalent of me going into the Lakeside threads and talking about a great game between Fordham and Barneveld in 2004. Nothing to do with the subject at hand.
Dropping down to the minor leagues every Sunday to give my take on all things forumland.

D & B

Post by D & B » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:19 pm

jrwfsl147 wrote:Prelims haven't been good.

From the last 32 on it's been good. Not even midway through the second round and as many or more 90 plus averages as 4 WDC/PDC WCs between 95-98.

If JC can't stay on topic there's no point in arguing with him. On several occasions when asked to discuss solely 1995-2004 he's lurched into detailed rants on things which happened well after this point in time or weren't world championships. He clearly has no confidence in his argument and can't answer two simple questions. No point in dragging that out.

It would be the equivalent of me going into the Lakeside threads and talking about a great game between Fordham and Barneveld in 2004. Nothing to do with the subject at hand.
Yes, but what do you think of Southampton's league form?

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:19 pm

I fail to see what 1995 to 1998 has to do with the shit at Lakeside this week. And no, it hasn't been good
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:26 pm

M H wrote:

I fail to see what 1995 to 1998 has to do with the shit at Lakeside this week. And no, it hasn't been good

he is seething he is coming out with all sorts of shit

Ranting and raving, rambling like a spaz

Mr. Myers

Post by Mr. Myers » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:40 pm

jrwfsl147 wrote:So no defence then. Certainly no mention of that world championship with 10 90 plus averages.

You can't read. I looked at the averages for those years remember. That's why the likes of Marshall James, Tony O'Shea, James Wade and Thornton aren't in the list of 22- James didn't average in the 90s a great deal, and the other 3 weren't at the level they would later get to.

The 22 in question were averaging in the 90s regularly during this time period. Some of them went on to get better (Anderson, Harris, Part), some of them declined (Beaton, Monk, Clark) and some stayed around the same level for a time after (Barneveld, King, Mardle).

I asked you to give me statistical evidence backing up your claims. I have done so. You have resorted to an illegible rant with no statistical evidence.

I never once said Taylor was at his peak in the 90s. What I said was that if he lost to those 5 players at his peak, all who averaged in the 90s during their game, then he would lose to other players averaging in the 90s on occasion (maybe 15% of the time) in the 1990s when he was a lesser player.

The only way this wouldn't be the case is if he was a better player in the 90s and early 00s than from 2007-2015. I don't believe this to be true, so by logic he'd have lost some times to the Amateur BDO lads who were averaging mid 90s plus.

So, once again, here are the two questions. Answer them with statistical evidence and in a legible manner.

1. If Phil Taylor at his prime lost 5 times in 9 world championships to players averaging in the 90s, why wouldn't he have lost occasionally when he wasn't as good as he would later become to the mid-90s players who regularly played to a similar standard?

Remember that I have researched the statistics when giving your answer and they did indeed play to this standard, as opposed to being "names who would later be good but at the time were shit".

2. How can a world championship where a 90 average was hit on 10 occasions be anything other than abysmal?

Answer those two questions please in a calm fashion. No editorial comment, no "you weren't there so you can't comment on it", no rants no one can understand. Hard facts please.
Your posting facts yet people are disagreeing with you? What the fuck? lol

Mr. Myers

Post by Mr. Myers » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:42 pm

fandarts wrote:well done james, proved a lot of taylors titles were tin pot
From 1995-2004, the BDO was a higher standard.

Listen I'm a big PDC fanboy, but anyone who disagrees with that above statement is in deep denial.

Noisycrowds

Post by Noisycrowds » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:46 am

in 1961 spurs were the best team in england

Dartsani

Post by Dartsani » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:54 am

The Royal Engineers won the FA Cup, they must be a good side these days, how many point ahead of Chelsea are they in the Premier League?

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:56 am

phil nixon was gonna win 8 lakeshites in a row only for he died

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:32 pm

There's the point. The gimps have finally recognised that the PDC is the Rolls Royce and BDO the Austin Allegro so all they have left is a few straws to clutch
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Post by Fake Wade's Official Sunday Account » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:49 pm

It was a historical study undertaken because I was interested in which one was better, and if it was the BDO when the tide actually turned.

I was surprised at how dominant the BDO were during that spell. Honestly I was expecting it to be fairly close but the BDO won every year from 1995-2004.

Another fun fact: Phil Taylor holds both the highest and lowest average that an eventual world champion scored in a year they won the title.

His 111 average against Shayne Burgess in 2002 was the highest, and his 78 against Gerald Verrier in 1995 was the lowest.
Dropping down to the minor leagues every Sunday to give my take on all things forumland.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:42 pm

bdo won ?

what exactly did the win at 90s averages ?

that is how you decide which code is better ?

a serious oh dear

Post by Fake Wade's Official Sunday Account » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:41 pm

Much like you compared this year's world championships by who had the better average, I am doing the same for the early world championships. No one has ever compiled such a survey and the results are historically significant.

It's a straight unbiased analysis of 620 matches. People can draw their own conclusions from the results. The facts speak for themselves.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:47 pm

the pdc has from the moment of the split been the top code.

The PDC has and will always be forward thinking, progressive and on the way up
The bdo has been stagnant for 30 years, living in the past behind the times and outdated and reminds me of an episode of Are you being served

The PDC lead the way not just in 90 plus averages, but 100 plus, top checkouts, 9 darters,
The PDC go out an actively find sponsorship, the bdo wait till someone contacts them so you get pathetic sponsors of the bdo

The prize money superior in the PDC
Attendances in the PDC increasing, while lakeshite was only half sold out during this week

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:23 am

fandarts wrote: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:16 pm point is most of the pdc top 16 currently played in the bdo 1995-2004, the pdc then was shit with bob anderson rocking up for "world" semi finals-not a sin to say a few fat fuckers in a strip club were NOT contesting the stronger world championship
What about a few fat fuckers in a strip club this October, Fanny?
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:48 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:23 am
fandarts wrote: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:16 pm point is most of the pdc top 16 currently played in the bdo 1995-2004, the pdc then was shit with bob anderson rocking up for "world" semi finals-not a sin to say a few fat fuckers in a strip club were NOT contesting the stronger world championship
What about a few fat fuckers in a strip club this October, Fanny?
:)
HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:25 am I will debate with anybody on here without becoming indignant and self righteous. I certainly never get angry.

cannibal

Re: 90 plus averages at B.D.O and PDC World Championships 94-05

Post by cannibal » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:25 pm

Pmsl, Ginge is either a pirate or a dog. The way he digs up this old stuff and trots it out.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

The Ginge Reaper

Re: 90 plus averages at B.D.O and PDC World Championships 94-05

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:26 pm

I just suspected someone must have taken the piss out of the "strip club" at some point so just did a search for it.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016