The not Rogg's Twatter Watch

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Rogg

Re: Rogg's Twatter Watch

Post by Rogg » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:37 am

Can't see the other guy's posts but you can get the gist.

Chris Mason @Chris180Mason 12h
Ridicule WTAF? you arent stating opinion you are trying to state facts, im telling you that you are talking rubbish, if they had a brand and or a product, why dont they have a broadcast deal or ANY sponsorship?

Negativity? no you are talking absolute shite im just putting you right on a few facts, the BDO have had my thoughts on how it regroup, rebrand and rebuild, they chose to put a builder at the helm, good luck to them.

Lakeside isnt a tournament the last time I checked? The Masters has just lost its identity as its lost its longest running sponsor, this FULL womans tour you speak of has 10 players in one of their ranking events in Spain, please elaborate on this worldwide tournament structure?

Chris Mason @Chris180Mason 13h
NO NO NO you said this and I quote "Big time and thats the issue. The people in charge of the BDO havent a scoobies how to run a business. It is such a shame as they have a good product to offer" so what product do they have in the darts market place?

But again lets see if you can actually answer a question with an answer instead of another question or another nonsense statement as a repost. SO WHAT PRODUCT DO THEY HAVE?

You are seriously off your head, you should offer your services to the BDO you would fit in perfect, they may even let you do it for nothing as well.
not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:38 am

Ian Baloo @baloocifer
Maybe someone from outside the darting fraternity could be a better figure.. someone with new ideas who could freshen up the old boys club and take it on as a business opportunity and move it into the 21st century. #myopinion

Cant happen, the process in how decisions are made are down to 60 odd people who dont have a clue. Go look it up who owns the BDO and the voting system,

Doctor P @doctorp1984 12h
It’s quite sad watching this happen, used to love watching the world championships in the late 80’s early 90’s, it’s what made me pick up darts as a kid, but now it’s painful to watch, it seems like it’s pub darts with a few extra lights and a lot less entertainment.

Chris Mason @Chris180Mason
Stubbornness allowed it fester and not move forward, a serious lack of industry expertise has now left it in very dangerous waters.

Doctor P @doctorp1984 12h
That usually happens when those in charge are happy filling their own back pockets without putting anything back in to promote the sport. If the BDO disappeared would anyone really notice as there are now so many opportunities on the PDC.

--

Theodore Bagwell @kgeorge1979 13h
The BDO have shot themselves in the foot too many times. If the World Championship loses mainstream tv coverage it is curtains

Chris Mason @Chris180Mason
It already has.

--

Rod Studd @Rod_Studd 14h
I’d say if the BDO world championship doesn’t take place at all in 2019, there’s a pretty reasonable chance it’ll disappear for good.
not a girl

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:44 pm

I'm starting to warm to Mason.
They're all here!

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:35 pm

Tommo wrote:I'm starting to warm to Mason.
Very true..At least he is being honest...
He used to defend it quite a bit but recently he has panned it.
I wonder how many will try QS next year?
The majority probably know that they are not good enough but many may give it a shot due to the mess that they are in.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:43 pm

tungsten tossers wrote:
The majority probably know that they are not good enough but many may give it a shot due to the mess that they are in.
Until they are paying him again.

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:55 pm

Randall wrote:
tungsten tossers wrote:
Until they are paying him again.
I guess he works for the TV broadcaster..
Can't really slag off the product that the broadcaster is showing as they wouldn't have him back.
He seems to be a permanent fixture with ITV and talksport now anyway.
The guy who he was having a spat with seems to have deleted his tweets
This pantomime gets better and better

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:46 pm

Hammer Boy Mason isn't one of my least favorite comms on darts, and I think he makes some valid points occasionally. For e.g. this one on the BDO not acquiring or listening to industry experts. OTOH I think he makes some very stupid statements. For e.g. the idea that the BDO should capitalize on the womens game as a niche they have over the PDC. An aside that is something I floated awhile back on another forum, that I didn't believe but I did to see who bit on it. Most likely his vacillation is due to the fact is he is a whore, he says what those paying him want him to say, or at a minimum what his audience wants to hear.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:09 pm

Looking over the Tweets, especially Mason's comments I can't see anything apart from C4 and BT have binned Lakeside. Mason wouldn't have said what he said had he still been on a payday
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:05 pm

Paul Phillips @Pphillips2209 22h
How can the BDO hold their world championships WITHOUT a tv deal in place? If not will @Duzza180 start to regret his “I’m BDO for life” comments??

Glen Durrant @Duzza180 3h
No regrets in life Paul. Wrong decisions maybe, regrets no

Hope he ran that past Jim Williams first...
not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:45 pm

Father Rout wrote:Looking over the Tweets, especially Mason's comments I can't see anything apart from C4 and BT have binned Lakeshite. Mason wouldn't have said what he said had he still been on a payday
Losing 'mainstream coverage' wouldn't necessarily mean they've lost BT.

Wonder what the viewing figures would be like if they had the final on BT only. Revolting, one assumes.
not a girl

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:55 pm

Rogg wrote:
Father Rout wrote:Looking over the Tweets, especially Mason's comments I can't see anything apart from C4 and BT have binned Lakeshite. Mason wouldn't have said what he said had he still been on a payday

Wonder what the viewing figures would be like if they had the final on BT only. Revolting, one assumes.
One assumes BT only showed it because they were getting a good deal, i.e. only paying a third of the costs. If C4 have gone that wont be the case if they still want it...
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:35 pm

Rogg wrote:Wonder what the viewing figures would be like if they had the final on BT only. Revolting, one assumes.
BT's semifinal did 81,000 in primetime on Saturday this year, the top session was Thursday with 104,000. The final doesn't seem to have charter in the top 10, likely due to C4 also covering it. With the tournament completely off the mainstream channels and BT thus unable to get any rub from bigger outlets' promo efforts, I'd imagine they would get less than that.

To be fair, the lesser PDC tournaments on Sky don't seem to get more either; the World Cup looks to have topped out at 75k this year. But of course being associated with the PDC is a much different deal than being associated with the BDO.

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:35 pm

Rogg wrote:Paul Phillips @Pphillips2209 22h
How can the BDO hold their world championships WITHOUT a tv deal in place? If not will @Duzza180 start to regret his “I’m BDO for life” comments??

Glen Durrant @Duzza180 3h
No regrets in life Paul. Wrong decisions maybe, regrets no

Hope he ran that past Jim Williams first...
"Maybe" is an understatement.

Duzza made that entire Lakeside about him and him only once he got past the last 16.

If anything, the "wrong decisions" were to constantly suck up to the PDC in Wolverhampton and then chicken out from going through with going to Q-School.
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

bullseye

Post by bullseye » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:10 am

I like watching lakeshite for the comedy value only.....shame if it disappeared altogether.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:10 am

bullseye wrote:I like watching lakeshite for the comedy value only.....shame if it disappeared altogether.
There's always reruns of dad's army and that has aged better as well.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:24 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:
Rogg wrote:

One assumes BT only showed it because they were getting a good deal, i.e. only paying a third of the costs. If C4 have gone that wont be the case if they still want it...
Exactly, a cheap filler and they never took exclusive rights for a reason. It wouldn't pay
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:02 pm

Paul Nicholson @TheAsset180
Loving the fact that women’s darts is being talked about so much lately. It’s about time, especially as I had my whinge at Lakeside about the pathetic prize money they all have to live with. I said it had to change. Their money may not have but these spots at Ally Pally do help.

Any PDC tour allows both women and men to play, so nothing is stopping them. Also, there’s no reason why a woman can’t be as good as a man, so the opportunity is there. A women’s tour would be great though.
not a girl

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:04 pm

A women's tour.
Dear God.

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:29 pm

Rogg wrote:Paul Nicholson @TheAsset180
Loving the fact that women’s darts is being talked about so much lately. It’s about time, especially as I had my whinge at Lakeshite about the pathetic prize money they all have to live with. I said it had to change. Their money may not have but these spots at Ally Pally do help.

Any PDC tour allows both women and men to play, so nothing is stopping them. Also, there’s no reason why a woman can’t be as good as a man, so the opportunity is there. A women’s tour would be great though.
This nonsense coming from a man who said the ladies are the highlight of Lakeside.
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:31 pm

Fiss Plaps wrote:
Rogg wrote:Paul Nicholson @TheAsset180
Loving the fact that women’s darts is being talked about so much lately. It’s about time, especially as I had my whinge at Lakeshite about the pathetic prize money they all have to live with. I said it had to change. Their money may not have but these spots at Ally Pally do help.

This nonsense coming from a man who said the ladies are the highlight of Lakeshite.
The men's is that shit someone taking a dump on stage would top it.