The not Rogg's Twatter Watch

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
sennafan24

Re: Rogg's Twatter Watch

Post by sennafan24 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:07 pm

Rogg wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:36 pm "Bob hates women"
And vice versa.
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:09 pm
Randall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm Dulla has never faced anything like Taylor in top gear.
Maybe he could have dragged Taylor down, we will never know.

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:17 am

Harry Ward to give up his Tour Card at the end of the season, saying he doesn't have "the hunger or desire to be a professional darts player at the very top level".

2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

Safc

Post by Safc » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:31 am

Fiss Plaps wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:17 am Harry Ward to give up his Tour Card at the end of the season, saying he doesn't have "the hunger or desire to be a professional darts player at the very top level".

Very strange that but if he would rather work 9 to 5 that's his choice I suppose

Emulsfier

Post by Emulsfier » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:28 am

Fiss Plaps wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:17 am Harry Ward to give up his Tour Card at the end of the season, saying he doesn't have "the hunger or desire to be a professional darts player at the very top level".

Thats a great shame. He was enjoyable to watch when playing well and you cant win a pro tour without some great potential at his age.
Boring Brendas number one and (almost) only fan.

Smithys number one and (definitely not) only hater.

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:43 am

Even when ward won his PC I remember his interview all he was talking about was that he loved being on the building site and wasn't that interested in going pro so not really surprised he opts out when struggling.
Michael "Bully Boy" Smith REIGNING Shanghai Darts Master

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:09 pm

SuperSwede wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:43 am Even when ward won his PC I remember his interview all he was talking about was that he loved being on the building site and wasn't that interested in going pro so not really surprised he opts out when struggling.
Seems strange, but if he really likes being a bricklayer, fair enough. Unless you're really talented, you have to give it 100% or else you won't make enough to live on, so fair enough. Hope to see him back one day

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:30 pm

Harry's own take on the announcement, as also posted by Tommo in the media thread.

2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:53 am

Christopher Kempf@ochepedia
James Wade hit his 9-darter today while his opponent, Robert Collins, was waiting on a score of 49.

That is the lowest finish on record denied a player because of an opponent's 9-darter.

Although Boris Krčmar attempted 141 for the perfect leg earlier today, which if successful would have left Michael Smith on 41!

Those were 2 of the 5 lowest scores left by players while their opponents attempted 9 darters (out of 69 PC events since 2018), and both of them happened today.
not a girl

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:43 am

SuperSwede wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:43 am Even when ward won his PC I remember his interview all he was talking about was that he loved being on the building site and wasn't that interested in going pro so not really surprised he opts out when struggling.
You are going to get this a lot more. Wade would have retired years ago if he didnt have the level of success he had
The Thorn wrote: ↑Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm
Rather top myself than watch 1 minute of this shite

Thorn about Modus Super Series in 2021 - He now is an avid fan

ILAD

Post by ILAD » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:26 am

oche balboa wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:43 am
You are going to get this a lot more. Wade would have retired years ago if he didnt have the level of success he had
No shit, sherlock.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:14 pm

"time to ditch ITV"

Connor Cain@TheConnorCain 46m
I think when possible, it’s time to ditch ITV for any World Series events. We really have to miss an hour of live darts with a crowd back, for Tour De France highlights? Is there anyway to watch that first hour live in the UK?

Matthew Porter@MattPorter_PDC 38m
ITV are a great partner of ours...it's not ideal missing the first hour's live play but they will play it out at the end of the session

Connor Cain@TheConnorCain
Would it not be possible to stream the first hour on PDC TV?

Matthew Porter@MattPorter_PDC
Not on this occasion no
not a girl

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:36 pm

Rogg wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:14 pm "time to ditch ITV"

I think when possible, it’s time to ditch ITV for any World Series events. We really have to miss an hour of live darts with a crowd back, for Tour De France highlights? Is there anyway to watch that first hour live in the UK?

ITV are a great partner of ours...it's not ideal missing the first hour's live play but they will play it out at the end of the session

Not on this occasion no
'Defund ITV' :lol:

Nah, but seriously, it's a bit of a swizz, surely PDC TV can help some brothers out? No?

Safc

Post by Safc » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:43 pm

thegentle wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:36 pm

Not on this occasion no

Nah, but seriously, it's a bit of a swizz, surely PDC TV can help some brothers out? No?
PDC.tv or Dazn with a vpn is your options for live as ITV,RtL and Sport1 are all 1 hour delay

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:57 pm

What?? So it's not on a 1 hour delay then they're just pikcking up the action an hour late and then showing the first hour after it has ended??

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:50 am

Safc wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:43 pm
thegentle wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:36 pm

Not on this occasion no

PDC.tv or Dazn with a vpn is your options for live as ITV,RtL and Sport1 are all 1 hour delay
Cheers, I'll look on there if I'm free then

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:08 pm

SuperSwede wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:57 pm Matthew Porter@MattPorter_PDC 38m

What?? So it's not on a 1 hour delay then they're just pikcking up the action an hour late and then showing the first hour after it has ended??
Personally I'd rather miss a couple of games and see the rest of it live, rather than watch the whole thing delayed. Delay is the worst.
not a girl

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:59 pm

Rogg wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:08 pm

Personally I'd rather miss a couple of games and see the rest of it live, rather than watch the whole thing delayed. Delay is the worst.
Yeah i get that. Delay isn't a problem for me but know a lot of people don't enjoy it, presumably because they are doing other things or interacting while watching. I have no problem switching everything off to fully enjoy a delay later on.

Ross, Bob

Post by Ross, Bob » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:50 pm

Oche, 'delayed'.

Not 'getting laid'.

Easy now.

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:33 pm

+1
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:09 pm
Randall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm Dulla has never faced anything like Taylor in top gear.
Maybe he could have dragged Taylor down, we will never know.

Ross, Bob

Post by Ross, Bob » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:35 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:33 pm

+1
An opinion, there.

Nice.