The not Rogg's Twatter Watch

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
HalloweenJack

Re: The not Rogg's Twatter Watch

Post by HalloweenJack » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:05 pm

I think they could have given the WDF a couple of spots. Duff and Greaves would create more interest than some of the qualifiers.
I mean if they had of given a couple of spots, I don’t think there would have been any uproar even on here.
‘Captain Bazball’

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:07 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:05 pm I think they could have given the WDF a couple of spots. Duff and Greaves would create more interest than some of the qualifiers. I mean if they had of given a couple of spots, I don’t think there would have been any uproar even on here.
But do they make enough of a difference that it's worth to boot 2 of the PDC's own players. Duff certainly doesn't, no one gives a shit about him. Beau would be a talking point but the PDC already has a system in place for women and Beau never played in that even though the opportunity was there.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:10 pm

The Thorn wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:07 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:05 pm I think they could have given the WDF a couple of spots. Duff and Greaves would create more interest than some of the qualifiers. I mean if they had of given a couple of spots, I don’t think there would have been any uproar even on here.
But do they make enough of a difference that it's worth to boot 2 of the PDC's own players. Duff certainly doesn't, no one gives a shit about him. Beau would be a talking point but the PDC already has a system in place for women and Beau never played in that even though the opportunity was there.
Spot on

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:16 pm

The iron chicken wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:28 pm 66% in favour of WDF participants.
Interesting. Difficult to know if that's the voice of reasonable people or mostly frantic mushrooms. Basically it's all hilarious because it's Duff. Who really cares otherwise.
not a girl

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:18 pm

The iron chicken

Post by The iron chicken » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:22 pm

In the end it's a PDC decision, however including WDF players I think would have given Beau a spotlight and maybe created a story. That being said it's their choice.
Bristow, merely a tale, a fable...an image froze in time.

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:55 pm

The iron chicken wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:22 pm In the end it's a PDC decision, however including WDF players I think would have given Beau a spotlight and maybe created a story. That being said it's their choice.
Would she have accepted the invite?

She chose not to play in the Women's Series

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:03 pm

Oh come on surely this cunt knows better than to say shite like this Image

Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:21 pm

There'll be about 60 players in it at this rate with no card holders at all.
Anyone who's ever won a bag of meat or a sodding belt, you're up.
Put the Pentathlon winner in Group Z with that woman who won Bullseye.
not a girl

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:23 pm

Rogg wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:21 pm There'll be about 60 players in it at this rate with no card holders at all. Anyone who's ever won a bag of meat or a sodding belt, you're up. Put the Pentathlon winner in Group Z with that woman who won Bullseye.
:)
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:09 pm
Randall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm Dulla has never faced anything like Taylor in top gear.
Maybe he could have dragged Taylor down, we will never know.

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:51 pm

🤣

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:24 pm

The Thorn wrote:
Possibly not, who knows? The original premise of this event was to have players from the BDO and this was certainly justified in the early years of the slam. I know it’s now a ranking event, so I can see the other argument, but we are talking about 2 players. The WDF world champion which is better than somebody who has qualified through reaching a couple of semi finals in Barnsley at a floor event and the female WDF champion, who is without doubt one of the top women players in the world currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
‘Captain Bazball’

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:35 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:24 pm Possibly not, who knows? The original premise of this event was to have players from the BDO and this was certainly justified in the early years of the slam. I know it’s now a ranking event, so I can see the other argument, but we are talking about 2 players. The WDF world champion which is better than somebody who has qualified through reaching a couple of semi finals in Barnsley at a floor event and the female WDF champion, who is without doubt one of the top women players in the world currently. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not going to blame the PDC for rewarding players who have performed well in their own events. It's natural that the PDC want to add more prestige and value to these events, and also encourage participation in other markets in the process (Asia, etc).

It's also a ranking event, so it only makes sense that the PDC gives players in its system an opportunity to earn ranking money that could see them qualify for other PDC events. That prize money would otherwise be wasted on WDF players.

Duff's participation, or lack thereof, makes literally no difference to viewing or attendance figures. Greaves's inclusion probably would create a bit of a buzz, but not a significant one.
Randall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm Dulla has never faced anything like Taylor in top gear.

Safc

Post by Safc » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:37 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:35 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:24 pm Possibly not, who knows? The original premise of this event was to have players from the BDO and this was certainly justified in the early years of the slam. I know it’s now a ranking event, so I can see the other argument, but we are talking about 2 players. The WDF world champion which is better than somebody who has qualified through reaching a couple of semi finals in Barnsley at a floor event and the female WDF champion, who is without doubt one of the top women players in the world currently. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not going to blame the PDC for rewarding players who have performed well in their own events. It's natural that the PDC want to add more prestige and value to these events, and also encourage participation in other markets in the process (Asia, etc). It's also a ranking event, so it only makes sense that the PDC gives players in its system an opportunity to earn ranking money that could see them qualify for other PDC events. That prize money would otherwise be wasted on WDF players. Duff's participation, or lack thereof, makes literally no difference to viewing or attendance figures. Greaves's inclusion probably would create a bit of a buzz, but not a significant one.
This 100%

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:17 am

sennafan24 wrote:
I'm not going to blame the PDC for rewarding players who have performed well in their own events. It's natural that the PDC want to add more prestige and value to these events, and also encourage participation in other markets in the process (Asia, etc).

It's also a ranking event, so it only makes sense that the PDC gives players in its system an opportunity to earn ranking money that could see them qualify for other PDC events. That prize money would otherwise be wasted on WDF players.

Duff's participation, or lack thereof, makes literally no difference to viewing or attendance figures. Greaves's inclusion probably would create a bit of a buzz, but not a significant one.
I wouldn’t dispute most of that although I think Greaves participation would create more interest than you are suggesting. If the PDC have no intention of ever allowing WDF players in the event at all, they should just say so. The whole point of the GSOD was to create a cross code event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
‘Captain Bazball’

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:22 am

She can't be arsed to play the women's tour no way should she be invited
Duff knows where q school is if l he want the pdc coin
No sympathy

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:51 am

HalloweenJack wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:17 am If the PDC have no intention of ever allowing WDF players in the event at all, they should just say so.
Why? Its clear as day it isnt anymore, IMO Wayne Warren is partly to blame for his piss poor attitude two years back.

Only a small subset of people actually care Duff and Greaves arent there. That small subset isnt the people who generally buy the tickets.

Be honest....Greaves hasnt supported a single PDC womens event this year and Duff moaned like fuck about the tour card holders being allowed back in Lakeside, do you think either deserve it? Would be hypocritical for Duff to even accept a spot.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:06 am

HalloweenJack wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:17 am I wouldn’t dispute most of that although I think Greaves participation would create more interest than you are suggesting. If the PDC have no intention of ever allowing WDF players in the event at all, they should just say so. The whole point of the GSOD was to create a cross code event. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greaves would only receive as much attention as Deta and Aston did when they were featured in PDC televised events. In other words, she would be the secondary female player in the field behind Sherrock. Not necessarily in terms of ability and results, but certainly in terms of buzz and promotion.

The PDC did indeed create the GSOD so they could run a cross-code event and cash in on its novelty. However, it was also created to give the top BDO players a taste of life inside of the PDC in the hope they would jump ship in the future. This was at a time where the BDO still had a fraction of the world's top players. As I'm sure you are aware, this isn't a priority for the PDC today because they have a monopoly of the world's best players.

Ross, Bob

Post by Ross, Bob » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:36 am

sennafan24 wrote:
HalloweenJack wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:17 am I wouldn’t dispute most of that although I think Greaves participation would create more interest than you are suggesting. If the PDC have no intention of ever allowing WDF players in the event at all, they should just say so. The whole point of the GSOD was to create a cross code event. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greaves would only receive as much attention as Deta and Aston did when they were featured in PDC televised events. In other words, she would be the secondary female player in the field behind Sherrock. Not necessarily in terms of ability and results, but certainly in terms of buzz and promotion.

The PDC did indeed create the GSOD so they could run a cross-code event and cash in on its novelty. However, it was also created to give the top BDO players a taste of life inside of the PDC in the hope they would jump ship in the future. This was at a time where the BDO still had a fraction of the world's top players. As I'm sure you are aware, this isn't a priority for the PDC today because they have a monopoly of the world's best players.
Token Martin Adams reference.

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:11 pm