The not Rogg's Twatter Watch

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Zeyes

Re: Rogg's Twatter Watch

Post by Zeyes » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:39 pm

"Make way for the King" sounds a bit like a public safety warning when a guy Cadby's size is involved...

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:54 pm

Rogg wrote:He may have destroyed forger's gaff but he's got a point. Come on Bazza. Hopp's qualified so you at least know you don't need an invitation for Highest Ranked German, mate.

Pieter Verbeek @PVDarts180 2h
The PDC announced nearly four months ago that the field for the World Championship will be expanded. Are we getting details soon @BarryHearn? I think players would like to know how to qualify, during the qualifying process.

Barry Hearn @BarryHearn
Great plans sometimes take a great time to put into place. Be patient and all will be revealed.
Yeah but he's still a cunt. Both of them are, actually
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:59 pm

Also Pieter:
Let's hope for a 96 or 128 field.
Fucks sake

PT13

Post by PT13 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:54 pm

Rogg wrote:He may have destroyed forger's gaff but he's got a point. Come on Bazza. Hopp's qualified so you at least know you don't need an invitation for Highest Ranked German, mate.

The PDC announced nearly four months ago that the field for the World Championship will be expanded. Are we getting details soon @BarryHearn? I think players would like to know how to qualify, during the qualifying process.

Barry Hearn @BarryHearn
Great plans sometimes take a great time to put into place. Be patient and all will be revealed.
What a mess. They should stick to the current format until they are 100% sure of what change they want.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:59 pm

PT13 wrote:

Barry Hearn @BarryHearn
What a mess. They should stick to the current format until they are 100% sure of what change they want.
Indeed. Are they just leaving their options open in case someone important fails to qualify on merit and they have to shoehorn them in? As they did it with Ratajski last year.

I'm not sure how big the PDC's personnel is, are there people actually thinking about these things, or is it just Uncle Baz and some board members in their office, whenever they have a bit of a free time? Quite often it seems to me that they simply don't have enough people thinking it through. Sure they are good at making money but at the same time, they are making some very unprofessional mistakes, and it certainly seems like they are just making it up as they go along.

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:30 pm

The Thorn wrote:Also Pieter:
Let's hope for a 96 or 128 field.
Fucks sake
Yeah, fuck that.

Less is sometimes more. A 128 man tournament would take over a month to complete.
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:09 pm
Randall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm Dulla has never faced anything like Taylor in top gear.
Maybe he could have dragged Taylor down, we will never know.

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:06 pm

The Thorn wrote:I'm not sure how big the PDC's personnel is, are there people actually thinking about these things, or is it just Uncle Baz and some board members in their office, whenever they have a bit of a free time? Quite often it seems to me that they simply don't have enough people thinking it through. Sure they are good at making money but at the same time, they are making some very unprofessional mistakes, and it certainly seems like they are just making it up as they go along.
https://www.pdc.tv/about-pdc/whos-who

I think that's everyone who works for the PDC in some capacity, not necessarily full-time or exclusive. (McDonald is employed directly through Matchroom, I believe.)

The PDC's latest accounts mentions 13 people employed in "management and administration" (page 16) and that number is supposedly "including directors", but I'm not sure if that means all the directors - guys like Eddie Hearn and Ed Lowy might only be serving on the PDC's board without actually being considered (and paid as) staff.

Either way, I don't think they actually have anybody tasked expressly with business strategy below the "idea" level, so yeah, I think this stuff is pretty much the result of the board members shooting the breeze amongst each other, with little to no common-sense sanity checks from outside (until their ideas go public and get blasted, anyway).

They've always had a penchant for head-scratching rule changes, but usually it's just been little things (such as the time they wanted to revise the PC payouts to start with something nonsensical like £500-£1000-£1250), which either ended up not mattering much or which were easy to scrap again once they received a thumbs-down from the public. The stakes have become higher for the company over the last two or three years, and so the errors have become more noticeable and more relevant.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Tue May 01, 2018 11:04 am

Good old Jeffrey. Make him a set which won't fall out the board plz xx

Unicorn Darts@UnicornDarts
We are delighted to announce that talented Dutch youngster Jeffrey de Zwaan has signed for Team Unicorn. Welcome on board @BlackCobra180

not a girl

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Tue May 01, 2018 11:13 am

Little Hitler Pieter never had a fresh idea in his head. He knocks about forums for all his stuff. Much like the stuff they put on their website, stolen from elsewhere passed off as their own. Journalist no, plagirist and thieves yes.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Tue May 01, 2018 11:14 am

Rogg wrote:Good old Jeffrey. Make him a set which won't fall out the board plz xx

Unicorn Darts@UnicornDarts
We are delighted to announce that talented Dutch youngster Jeffrey de Zwaan has signed for Team Unicorn. Welcome on board @BlackCobra180

Wow, didn't see that coming, nicely done Jeffrey

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Thu May 03, 2018 11:55 am

Good to see Zeyes back.
We Desire Information.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu May 03, 2018 12:53 pm

cannibal wrote:Good to see Zeyes back.
sluuuuuuuuuurp

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu May 03, 2018 1:53 pm

5th seed at Ally Pally four years ago...

The Hammer @TheHammer180
Great chatting for the first time properly to @MarkMcGeeney180 & @scottydogdart in Denmark, top lads and very welcoming, thanks for your kind words and looking forward to playing you both through the year

Scott Mitchell @scottydogdart
Been gr8 to meet you at last couple BDO tourneys, been good to chat, mutual friends too, small world eh !!!!!
not a girl

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu May 03, 2018 2:08 pm

Have the mighty have fallen, having to cosy up to that cunt.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Thu May 03, 2018 2:15 pm

The Thorn wrote:
sluuuuuuuuuurp
Lol, speaking as myself a guy who is pretty much angry about everything and hates almost everyone I can live with that criticism as slurping.
Yours in darts F.A.C
We Desire Information.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Thu May 03, 2018 4:12 pm

Agree mate. Is that a slurp?
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sat May 05, 2018 10:49 am

@ndrew McMorrow @Andy_McMorrow 20h
@MattPorter_PDC I'll miss my first grand prix in years as I'm moving to Qatar, what are the odds on putting on a desert classic tournament in Doha to replace the one that used to be in Las Vegas? #LongShot

Matthew Porter @MattPorter_PDC
Not sure it will be Doha but we hope to be back in the Middle East in 2019
not a girl

Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo » Sat May 05, 2018 11:12 am

Rogg wrote:@ndrew McMorrow @Andy_McMorrow 20h
@MattPorter_PDC I'll miss my first grand prix in years as I'm moving to Qatar, what are the odds on putting on a desert classic tournament in Doha to replace the one that used to be in Las Vegas? #LongShot

Dubai Masters and Barney will be there again, no doubt.
"The United States will be the first nation to land an astronaut on Nars"

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Sat May 05, 2018 12:12 pm

Captain Hobo wrote:
Rogg wrote:@ndrew McMorrow @Andy_McMorrow 20h

Dubai Masters and Barney will be there again, no doubt.
Still the only player to have participated in every single World Series of Darts event from its inception.

If he had that commitment to the Pro Tour who knows where he'd be now.
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sat May 05, 2018 12:53 pm

Pro Tour doesn't hold the same appeal to him no doubt.
It's just a jolly up at the pdcs expense.