The not Rogg's Twatter Watch

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Zeyes

Re: Rogg's Twatter Watch

Post by Zeyes » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:01 pm

I wonder where this misconception has come from that "women's darts" is suddenly in the limelight. Seen that claim a few times this past week or two. All that's really in the limelight is "female players as an Ally Pally novelty", and that's all it's going to be unless one of the two qualifiers ends up delivering a truly massive performance in December.

StevieBoy

Post by StevieBoy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:15 pm

Rogg wrote:Paul Nicholson @TheAsset180
Loving the fact that women’s darts is being talked about so much lately. It’s about time, especially as I had my whinge at Lakeshite about the pathetic prize money they all have to live with. I said it had to change. Their money may not have but these spots at Ally Pally do help.

Paul Nicholson @TheAsset180
Any PDC tour allows both women and men to play, so nothing is stopping them. Also, there’s no reason why a woman can’t be as good as a man, so the opportunity is there. A women’s tour would be great though.
Then you Fund it!

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:16 pm

Zeyes wrote:I wonder where this misconception has come from that "women's darts" is suddenly in the limelight. Seen that claim a few times this past week or two. All that's really in the limelight is "female players as an Ally Pally novelty", and that's all it's going to be unless one of the two qualifiers ends up delivering a truly massive performance in December.
Agreed but a massive performance I think would be getting to the 3rd round while playing a consistent mid 90's or even a low 90's avg if the doubles pct is good. Lets be honest there are not more than two women on their best stretch of play that could do that over the time frame or length of matches that could do that in the WC. And the probabilities of both those women getting thru the qualifiers just isn't there as they aren't consistent enough to give them good odds to both be at Ally Pally.

I think only Ashton and Anna have the ability to be consistent enough to maybe just maybe beat a second round opponent. I think if both female qualifiers got to the second round that would be a great result and enough for PDC to do it again the following year. In all honesty I don't think either qualifiers make it to the second round.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:39 pm

Yeah, almost all the 32 "international" qualifiers should be underdogs in the first round since they'll be going against Pro Tour qualifiers, and I'd be surprised if either of the two qualifying women will actually be considered above average within that pool of 32 players, let alone compared to the Pro Tour guys. Looking at the list of qualifying regions, only the Chinese, Indian and South American qualifiers might end up being worse players.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but a lot of other people out there seem to be setting themselves up for disappointment. (Not the female players themselves, I'd say they know the deal.) The most likely outcome is that both women get dumped 3-0 and don't win more than 7 or so legs between them.

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:33 pm

Zeyes wrote:Yeah, almost all the 32 "international" qualifiers should be underdogs in the first round since they'll be going against Pro Tour qualifiers, and I'd be surprised if either of the two qualifying women will actually be considered above average within that pool of 32 players, let alone compared to the Pro Tour guys. Looking at the list of qualifying regions, only the Chinese, Indian and South American qualifiers might end up being worse players.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but a lot of other people out there seem to be setting themselves up for disappointment. (Not the female players themselves, I'd say they know the deal.) The most likely outcome is that both women get dumped 3-0 and don't win more than 7 or so legs between them.
Depending on who the players are and who they come up against, you are probably spot on. It could go in there favour if the crowd get on the back of their opponents but like you say, I don't think any of the female players will be expecting to go beyond the first round, probably just hoping not to get whitewashed.
But 7.5k is better than being losing finalist at Lakeshite and of course the media will be all over it, so as far as publicity for these two, it will certainly raise their profile with sponsorship etc.
Tbh, I hope whoever they are, they don't get whitewashed or totally choke on stage otherwise it could be a bit embarrassing

Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:25 pm

cannibal wrote:
Zeyes wrote:I wonder where this misconception has come from that "women's darts" is suddenly in the limelight. Seen that claim a few times this past week or two. All that's really in the limelight is "female players as an Ally Pally novelty", and that's all it's going to be unless one of the two qualifiers ends up delivering a truly massive performance in December.
Agreed but a massive performance I think would be getting to the 3rd round while playing a consistent mid 90's or even a low 90's avg if the doubles pct is good. Lets be honest there are not more than two women on their best stretch of play that could do that over the time frame or length of matches that could do that in the WC. And the probabilities of both those women getting thru the qualifiers just isn't there as they aren't consistent enough to give them good odds to both be at Ally Pally.

I think only Ashton and Anna have the ability to be consistent enough to maybe just maybe beat a second round opponent. I think if both female qualifiers got to the second round that would be a great result and enough for PDC to do it again the following year. In all honesty I don't think either qualifiers make it to the second round.
I would include Fallon in that group as well. If they seed the Qualifiers, hopefully 2 of Ana, Lisa and Fallon will get through.

Edit: just realised it is 2 separate qualifiers.
"The United States will be the first nation to land an astronaut on Nars"

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:59 pm

Captain Hobo wrote:
cannibal wrote:

I would include Fallon in that group as well. If they seed the Qualifiers, hopefully 2 of Ana, Lisa and Fallon will get through.

Fallon did hit 96 and 90 averages over 9 and 11 legs (I think) in a tournament a couple of months back and she is probably the in form player but the qualifiers for the Uk will be probably as hard or if not harder to win than Lakeshite bearing in mind what is at stake for the winner and the amount of possible entrants. Have they announced how many legs the qualifiers will be? Assuming best of 11

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:28 pm

tungsten tossers wrote:
Captain Hobo wrote:
cannibal wrote:

Fallon did hit 96 and 90 averages over 9 and 11 legs (I think) in a tournament a couple of months back and she is probably the in form player but the qualifiers for the Uk will be probably as hard or if not harder to win than Lakeshite bearing in mind what is at stake for the winner and the amount of possible entrants. Have they announced how many legs the qualifiers will be? Assuming best of 11
I read somewhere that the format will depend on the number of entrants. Could it be an idea to use setplay?
not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:30 pm

Meanwhile, it's Day 2 at Ally Pally...

not a girl

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:34 pm

Why would you want a photo with the buffet in shot? Very odd.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:44 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:Why would you want a photo with the buffet in shot? Very odd.
ha. Maybe the infamous burger & chips/burger and chips scenario will be making a guest appearance...
not a girl

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:44 pm

Raymond v Barneveld @Raybar180
This is the best feeling in the world !! My grandson Mason holding my trophy !! Promised him the next one will be a first place #Believe

He'll have to wait a while then.
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:59 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:Why would you want a photo with the buffet in shot? Very odd.
Have you seen the size of players?
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:03 pm

Rogg wrote:
ha. Maybe the infamous burger & chips/burger and chips scenario will be making a guest appearance...
The buffet is better box office than Jamie Hughes.
HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:25 am I will debate with anybody on here without becoming indignant and self righteous. I certainly never get angry.

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:05 pm

I'd rather listen to Durrant and Hughes discussing how their respective darts careers have gone over the last ~7 months, just to see who's more down about it. :)

Potter's Lake

Post by Potter's Lake » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:00 pm

Fiss Plaps wrote:Raymond v Barneveld @Raybar180
This is the best feeling in the world !! My grandson Mason holding my trophy !! Promised him the next one will be a first place #Believe

He'll have to wait a while then.
The pride of losing in a glorified exbo. Surely he's got an actual trophy knocking about for the kid to hold? Wouldn't be in his lifetime mind.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:09 pm

Zeyes wrote:I'd rather listen to Durrant and Hughes discussing how their respective darts careers have gone over the last ~7 months, just to see who's more down about it. :)
That's just mean :lol:
not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:24 pm

Robert devon @Robertb79574413
The only thing that's bothered me for years is women not being allowed to play best of five games. Watching first to two on TV is taking the piss! .

lorraine winstanley @lorraine180
It is such a short format

Robert devon @Robertb79574413
Way too short. It's so annoying waiting all day for a game on TV and just as things get good it's all over. Not many winners would have won if it was best of five. And also would be really exciting games!. I enjoy the girls darts and I know there's better to come if longer.
not a girl

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:26 pm

Mr Devon is clearly a masochist

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:26 pm

I bet the players like it when it's called "girls darts".