The not Rogg's Twatter Watch

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Rogg

Re: The not Rogg's Twatter Watch

Post by Rogg » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:30 pm

oche balboa wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:15 pm
Rogg wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:08 pm The World Number 1 is gearing up for Q-School while being destructive and hilarious. Can't fault him. They might end up inviting Klaasen. That Australian thing seems pretty weird to be fair. Platinum ranking points while barely using the rankings and handing out invitations. It's a real outlier in WDF land.
There was a ranking table for it. Should bring back the Finder Masters
The Zuideredderudidduin structure was much more reasonable and I'm guessing it still didn't provide gigantic ranking points. Was it actually ranked?
not a girl

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:31 pm

Zuiderduin was, yes. On the old points system it was on a par with the Masters.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:33 pm

It did, as you say, invite more than just a handful of players from the overall system. This Australian effort is absurd, just the top two from the main rankings (and also the Lakeside winnerl and then no other real way for a European based player to actually get in, unless they wanted to go and play the qualifiers....in fucking Australia.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:55 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:51 am
HalloweenJack wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:17 am If the PDC have no intention of ever allowing WDF players in the event at all, they should just say so.
Why? Its clear as day it isnt anymore, IMO Wayne Warren is partly to blame for his piss poor attitude two years back. Only a small subset of people actually care Duff and Greaves arent there. That small subset isnt the people who generally buy the tickets. Be honest....Greaves hasnt supported a single PDC womens event this year and Duff moaned like fuck about the tour card holders being allowed back in Lakeside, do you think either deserve it? Would be hypocritical for Duff to even accept a spot.
Spot on.... Greaves has made her intentions clear by shunning the Women's Series so does not merit a spot in the Slam...
Duff is a fucking hypocrite and deserves fuck all

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:23 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:33 pm It did, as you say, invite more than just a handful of players from the overall system. This Australian effort is absurd, just the top two from the main rankings (and also the Lakeside winnerl and then no other real way for a European based player to actually get in, unless they wanted to go and play the qualifiers....in fucking Australia.
Most players playing the Dutch Open are Dutch. Accept it. It's a local event
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:40 pm

Rogg wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:08 pm The World Number 1 is gearing up for Q-School while being destructive and hilarious. Can't fault him. They might end up inviting Klaasen. That Australian thing seems pretty weird to be fair. Platinum ranking points while barely using the rankings and handing out invitations. It's a real outlier in WDF land.
Communication seems to be somewhat lacking there in any case, even before today's Hurrell fiasco. Last week while the Aussie and NZ spots were still being finalized, they announced Hedman as an international participant even though she'd yielded the women's no. 1 spot to Greaves by then and wasn't technically qualified anymore. I figured with Greaves already being there as the world champion, they simply decided to invite Hedman as the no. 2 now anyway, but nope...the official invite list came out the other day, Hedman nowhere to be seen. Instead a third Aussie woman...who they cannot name either, because there's a two-way tie for third place in that ranking. D'oh.

Anyway, given what they did with the women's spot there, I have no idea what they're going to be with Hurrell's now. Through the rankings it would revert to Duff, but he's already in the field, next in line would be Tricole. If they're handing it to an Aussie instead, they'd be down to sixth place there - originally they only wanted to invite three players that way, but two of the regional associations couldn't be bothered to run their local qualifying so spots already went unfilled there, too.

Quickly getting to the point where the event's official ranking status is even more dubious than the Zuiderduin/Finder's was back in the day.

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:05 pm

oche balboa wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:33 pm
The Ginge Reaper wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:32 pm That's none of your concern. Also, to be fair, it isnt your concern as to the reasons why he isnt going, its the other side of the fucking world and he has to pay himself. Why dont you start a Gofundme if you are that bothered?
it gets debate bradders come on.... play the game
Oche mimicking Halloween Jack there.

Btw, the WDF is crap.
HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:25 am I will debate with anybody on here without becoming indignant and self righteous. I certainly never get angry.

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:20 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:
HalloweenJack wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:17 am If the PDC have no intention of ever allowing WDF players in the event at all, they should just say so.
Why? Its clear as day it isnt anymore, IMO Wayne Warren is partly to blame for his piss poor attitude two years back.

Only a small subset of people actually care Duff and Greaves arent there. That small subset isnt the people who generally buy the tickets.

Be honest....Greaves hasnt supported a single PDC womens event this year and Duff moaned like fuck about the tour card holders being allowed back in Lakeside, do you think either deserve it? Would be hypocritical for Duff to even accept a spot.
Why was Warrens attitude poor? I don’t think he had played any darts since he won Lakeside. This clearly showed with his results and performances.

Are you suggesting that had two WDF players who had maybe played PDC womens tour and the winner of the mens hadn’t made any remarks about card holders. That the WDF would have been given 2 spots for the GSOD?

Last year I assumed the reason they didn’t give any WDF players spots was due to no tournaments. This year, I think there was possibly some expectation that there may be a couple of spots. If it is now a PDC only event, they should just say that. Didn’t Duff make some comments about wanting to play the slam? At least if he or any other WDF player who wins their world title knows they are not getting an invite then so be it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
‘For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and everyone who humbles himself will be exalted’

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:23 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:20 pmWhy was Warrens attitude poor? I don’t think he had played any darts since he won Lakeside. This clearly showed with his results and performances.
You answered your own question ffs.
HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:25 am I will debate with anybody on here without becoming indignant and self righteous. I certainly never get angry.

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:59 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:20 pmIf it is now a PDC only event, they should just say that.
Do they need to state the obvious for people who can't figure it out themselves?

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:07 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:23 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:20 pmWhy was Warrens attitude poor? I don’t think he had played any darts since he won Lakeside. This clearly showed with his results and performances.
Exactly what I was thinking lol

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:11 pm

Zeyes wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:59 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:20 pmIf it is now a PDC only event, they should just say that.
Do they need to state the obvious for people who can't figure it out themselves?
For HJ, yes.

To be honest I don't think this 100% means the end of any WDF players in the event. I think if they continue to run their events without huge fiascos the PDC might entertain the idea of inviting 1 or 2 players to the Slam. It could well be that they just looked at Duff and decided he can fuck off. If someone more interesting won it the decision might have been different. It could be on a case by case basis. Let's say Greaves wins it next year and she is starting to play PDC events, then I can see the PDC offering her a place. While if the winner is someone like Hutchinson they are obviously not going to bother. The PDC can be totally flexible with the rules and that's fine. There is no need for a grand declaration or a qualifying criteria set in stone for a decade.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:50 pm

I don't think this was necessarily 100% the end for WDF@GSoD, I agree.

The more I think about it and see what others have said, the more I wonder if Warren and Duff's personal attitudes have served to bury the idea for a while. Or made it a far simpler call to make at least. Compare their apathy or sneering to Duzza who was always so gracious about it.
not a girl

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:01 pm

sennafan24 wrote:
Not really. It doesn’t mean his attitude was poor, there were no events for him to play. Under prepared definitely, but I don’t see what he could have done when he didn’t have any events to play or no exbos due to Covid.
What exactly could Warren have done in your opinion?

‘For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and everyone who humbles himself will be exalted’

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:04 pm

Warren is an useless cunt as is Duff

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:06 pm

HalloweenJack wrote:
sennafan24 wrote:
Not really. It doesn’t mean his attitude was poor, there were no events for him to play. Under prepared definitely, but I don’t see what he could have done when he didn’t have any events to play or no exbos due to Covid.

He didnt play a single online event when loads were knocking about. He didnt even put a board up at home until after the Slam.

Based on that, do you not think he could have helped himself a bit more?

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:13 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:01 pm
sennafan24 wrote:
Not really. It doesn’t mean his attitude was poor, there were no events for him to play. Under prepared definitely, but I don’t see what he could have done when he didn’t have any events to play or no exbos due to Covid. What exactly could Warren have done in your opinion? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See Ginge's post.

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:21 pm

Wayne Warren doesn't really practise. He should have done some serious practising for the GSOD. He led Evans 3-1 and should have won DVDB and Aspinall were both playing better so it wouldn't have mattered but he didn''t show himself in a good light
The Thorn wrote: ↑Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm
Rather top myself than watch 1 minute of this shite

Thorn about Modus Super Series in 2021 - He now is an avid fan

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:28 pm

He was a fucking lazy cunt, basically sat on his arse for the best part of a year moaning about his "missing £77k" to any cunt who would listen. Woe is me bollocks.
Last edited by The Ginge Reaper on Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:28 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:
HalloweenJack wrote:
sennafan24 wrote:

He didnt play a single online event when loads were knocking about. He didnt even put a board up at home until after the Slam.

Based on that, do you not think he could have helped himself a bit more?
Is that speculation or fact?
If what you say is true, then fair enough.
I would have thought every dart player would have a dart board in their house.