Do you agree or disagree that trans-women should be able to compete in womens only darts events?

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO

Do you agree or disagree that trans-women should be able to compete in womens only darts events?

I agree
44%
I disagree
47%
I dont care
9%

Total votes: 34

Emulsfier

Post by Emulsfier » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:36 pm

Vote now.
Boring Brendas number one and (almost) only fan.

Smithys number one and (definitely not) only hater.

Dfc180

Re: Do you agree or disagree that trans-women should be able to compete in womens only darts events?

Post by Dfc180 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:46 pm

As there isn't a physical advantage to what sex you are at darts as you throw from the same distance at the same target, it shouldn't really matter, so I agree

Randall
Site Admin

Re: Do you agree or disagree that trans-women should be able to compete in womens only darts events?

Post by Randall » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:49 pm

Dfc180 wrote: ↑Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:46 pm As there isn't a physical advantage to what sex you are at darts as you throw from the same distance at the same target, it shouldn't really matter, so I agree
Men have proven better hand eye coordination

Potter's Lake

Post by Potter's Lake » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:51 pm

Voted disagree, if biological women accept that they are inferior to men in every conceivable way then who am I to question them.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:56 pm

To be honest I'm fine with it either way.

Men have an inherent advantage in darts. It's however up to debate if the advantage is significant enough to warrant a separate field. Some trans players might have an advantage but it's really only one player, it's not a widespread thing. From an inclusivity and diversity standpoint I would support trans woman being involved, the question is if the sporting and fairness standpoint outweighs it. Debatable.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

ChrisW

Post by ChrisW » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:57 pm

Randall wrote: ↑Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:49 pm
Dfc180 wrote: ↑Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:46 pm As there isn't a physical advantage to what sex you are at darts as you throw from the same distance at the same target, it shouldn't really matter, so I agree
And they don't have periods.

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:57 pm

6 bigots already there. Poor CWS. πŸ™

meetthefeebles

Post by meetthefeebles » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:58 pm

Dfc180 wrote:As there isn't a physical advantage to what sex you are at darts as you throw from the same distance at the same target, it shouldn't really matter, so I agree
This should be theoretically true but the reality is that women can't compete with men except in one-off situations. It's the hand-eye co-ordination thing. And it's not as if darts is a new game for women. Ladies like Deta have been competing for decades.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:59 pm

ChrisW wrote: ↑Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:57 pm
Randall wrote: ↑Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:49 pm
And they don't have periods.
The truth is out there, even of its inconvenient

meetthefeebles

Post by meetthefeebles » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:59 pm

The Thorn wrote:To be honest I'm fine with it either way.

Men have an inherent advantage in darts. It's however up to debate if the advantage is significant enough to warrant a separate field. Some trans players might have an advantage but it's really only one player, it's not a widespread thing. From an inclusivity and diversity standpoint I would support trans woman being involved, the question is if the sporting and fairness standpoint outweighs it. Debatable.
They should have their own category and competitions, I think. No-one is saying they shouldn't be able to play, but it had to be fair to all involved.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:03 pm

meetthefeebles wrote: ↑Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:59 pm

They should have their own category and competitions, I think. No-one is saying they shouldn't be able to play, but it had to be fair to all involved.
I agree in theory, but. There wouldn't be enough entries to make a trans only category worthwhile. So this is practically the same as excluding them from women's comps.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

ChrisW

Post by ChrisW » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:03 pm

:lol:
And place at the Worlds?
And also a f2m trans category?

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:07 pm

The Thorn wrote: ↑Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:56 pm To be honest I'm fine with it either way.

Well it would be all well and good for your diversitity standpoint if Noa earned her crust in a mixed field, like she did the other week at the challenge tour, not at the women's series. Also whatever side you're on 'there's only 1 so it's fine' is a terrible point.

Ignoring the hand eye coordination study in darts that was undertaken everytime Noa steps into that women's field she's automatically at an advantage as she's never going to have to deal with the issues the rest of the field may be going through at the time, such as having periods or going through menopause. These would obviously have an impact on performance. Over the course of a yearly tour, she will play against all players going through this at one point, where as she never has that distraction. I recall Till on Twitter called these 'ailments' and compared it to Mervyn King's bad back. Disgusting.

meetthefeebles

Post by meetthefeebles » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:08 pm

ChrisW wrote:

And place at the Worlds?
And also a f2m trans category?
Aye, why not Image

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:09 pm

If he plays on the challenge tour and wins good luck to him
Gaining no unfair advantage there

meetthefeebles

Post by meetthefeebles » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:10 pm

The Thorn wrote:

I agree in theory, but. There wouldn't be enough entries to make a trans only category worthwhile. So this is practically the same as excluding them from women's comps.
It's simply a timescale issue, though. There will probably be enough to justify a specific category tourney in five years or so.

In the meantime, a compromise is probably needed, and the best compromise is to insist that biological males play with the men.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:10 pm

TheMalteseDart wrote: ↑Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:07 pm
The Thorn wrote: ↑Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:56 pm To be honest I'm fine with it either way.

Well it would be all well and good for your diversitity standpoint if Noa earned her crust in a mixed field, like she did the other week at the challenge tour, not at the women's series. Also whatever side you're on 'there's only 1 so it's fine' is a terrible point.

Ignoring the hand eye coordination study in darts that was undertaken everytime Noa steps into that women's field she's automatically at an advantage as she's never going to have to deal with the issues the rest of the field may be going through at the time, such as having periods or going through menopause. These would obviously have an impact on performance. Over the course of a yearly tour, she will play against all players going through this at one point, where as she never has that distraction. I recall Till on Twitter called these 'ailments' and compared it to Mervyn King's bad back. Disgusting.
Unarguable

Potter's Lake

Post by Potter's Lake » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:12 pm

This is an issue that plays itself out anyway, once Beau or Fallon get beaten enough that they finally speak out then Noa's getting canned sharpish.

meetthefeebles

Post by meetthefeebles » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:15 pm

In many respects, the PDC have created a rod for their own back by creating a women's series after stating for years that they would allow any player good enough to join their main tours. If it becomes a major problem for them, I suspect they'll likely just pull the plug.

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:31 pm

The Thorn wrote: ↑Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:03 pm

Add me, yourself, CWS, Hobo, Smithy and Victor Monaghan, plus we already have Noah, so it's already 7. I'm sure around 20 at least could join the field from other places.