Darts articles in the Media thread

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Randall
Site Admin

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Randall » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:15 am

Well deserved

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:30 pm

Probably one of the better articles from American Media on the Greatest Show on Earth. Just as context, American sports fans generally wouldn't understand the problem with trash talking, celebrating, or even celebrating in close proximity of your opponent, Machismo is all the rage in American culture. Probably the reason prison "respect" has replaced the true meaning of respect, decorum, and just plain old decency.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/28/worl ... tgate.html
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:49 am

Darts keeps dreaming big but its spirit remains rooted at Alexandra Palace
The PDC world championship offers a glimpse of new horizons, brand tweaks and the next generation of players

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/ ... n-petersen
not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:02 pm

Some interesting descriptions of Dimitri in that. Someone's mind was wandering.
not a girl

Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:10 pm

First time in his life that Bellyboy has been described as thinner than someone, for sure.
"The United States will be the first nation to land an astronaut on Nars"

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:32 pm

Love it when they shoehorn a player's ranking into an article and then 2 seconds later he's about 30 places higher

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:59 pm

Gando will be taking a break for the next two years and only playing the majors.
Isn't that what he has done for the last two?

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:04 pm

Randall wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:59 pm Gando will be taking a break for the next two years and only playing the majors.
Doesn't make any sense to me either
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:09 pm

The Thorn wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:04 pm
Randall wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:59 pm Gando will be taking a break for the next two years and only playing the majors.
Could mean he's sacking off the World Series events, especially as he'll be at the finals anyway via his ranking

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:11 pm

thegentle wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:09 pm
Could mean he's sacking off the World Series events, especially as he'll be at the finals anyway via his ranking
Possibly. Not sure Uncle Baz will be delighted with that
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:50 pm

The Thorn wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:11 pm
thegentle wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:09 pm
Possibly. Not sure Uncle Baz will be delighted with that
That's about all I could read into it.
I'd have thought those contracts were already signed.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:17 am

Matt Porter on the World Championship, Premier League line-up, gamesmanship and rankings

not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:56 pm

Oh Glen no. 800 to 1000 :lol: this is your fault oche! https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/gle ... r-15630910

Durrant is one of a number of BDO players who'll give PDC Q-School a crack this year, with new rules ensuring those who reach the last four at Lakeside won't have to hand back their world championship winnings if they wish to switch codes.

"Q-School is at the forefront of my mind," he admits.

"I'm extremely disappointed to hear there's going to be potentially 800 to 1000 players playing for 12 or 13 places.

"I was hoping Q-School would be £1,000 to £2,000 entry to get rid of all those players. It really is the Willy Wonka golden ticket now.

"There's billions of pounds to be played for in the PDC. There's already managers and potential sponsorship if I get my place.

"It's absolutely at the forefront of my thoughts. I'm preparing to try and win Lakeside and be ready three days after the final, because the past two years my body has shut down after Lakeside and I've needed a couple of weeks off.

"I love the BDO and to be a three time champion would be incredible but I've got a seven year plan of darts left and those seven years I would love to be playing against the best in the PDC, that's for sure."
not a girl

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:00 pm

Haha! Oche what have you done!
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:10 pm

The knife being twisted by the defending champion a low point even for the basement dwelling mushrooms surely.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:48 pm

Rogg wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:56 pm Oh Glen no. 800 to 1000 :lol: this is your fault oche! https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/gle ... r-15630910

Durrant is one of a number of BDO players who'll give PDC Q-School a crack this year, with new rules ensuring those who reach the last four at Lakeshite won't have to hand back their world championship winnings if they wish to switch codes.

"I'm extremely disappointed to hear there's going to be potentially 800 to 1000 players playing for 12 or 13 places.

"I was hoping Q-School would be £1,000 to £2,000 entry to get rid of all those players. It really is the Willy Wonka golden ticket now.

"There's billions of pounds to be played for in the PDC. There's already managers and potential sponsorship if I get my place.

"It's absolutely at the forefront of my thoughts. I'm preparing to try and win Lakeshite and be ready three days after the final, because the past two years my body has shut down after Lakeshite and I've needed a couple of weeks off.

"I love the BDO and to be a three time champion would be incredible but I've got a seven year plan of darts left and those seven years I would love to be playing against the best in the PDC, that's for sure."
Another one getting the excuses in early
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:44 pm

Rogg wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:56 pm Oh Glen no. 800 to 1000 :lol: this is your fault oche! https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/gle ... r-15630910

Durrant is one of a number of BDO players who'll give PDC Q-School a crack this year, with new rules ensuring those who reach the last four at Lakeshite won't have to hand back their world championship winnings if they wish to switch codes.

"It's absolutely at the forefront of my thoughts. I'm preparing to try and win Lakeshite and be ready three days after the final, because the past two years my body has shut down after Lakeshite and I've needed a couple of weeks off.

'800-1000 players'
'12-13 places'
'Billions of pounds'
Duzza doesn't seem to have a way with numbers, does he?

Spudface

Post by Spudface » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:07 pm

Great article
"Someone gave me a stat a couple of weeks ago, if I'd have won the Masters when I was in front, I would have held the four majors"
That's not what I would call a stat. Not the kind of thing you'd need someone else to make you aware of either.

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:57 pm

Don't recall Durrant getting close to winning Ally Pally, the Matchplay, the Grand Prix and the Grand Slam.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:20 am

Duzza, is a fucking idiot. I seriously hope he shits himself at q school. I will pmsl.
This article just more proof how stupid he is, same stupidity that Made him say BDO for life. He could have easily bolted and nothing was hoping to happen and if it did a dozen lawyers would have been willing to take the case
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation