Darts articles in the Media thread

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Justin Credible

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Justin Credible » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:22 pm

thats good for them...bad for yer lot though

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:08 pm

cannibal wrote:Seriously darts in Africa advancing past darts in America. They are getting about double what Canada and America have on avg for participation in PDC events in recent years. Also spectator numbers at least 5x what has been gotten for events here, and that is being generous.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Local ... t-20170313
Interesting.
not a girl

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:13 pm

Justin Credible wrote:thats good for them...bad for yer lot though
Is that directed at me and my lot being American dart players?
Not taking any claim for that basket of lazy deplorables that is American dart players. All they do is wait around for crumbs from the PDC table to fall in their direction. In between the wait they run off to whatever soft tip event their sponsors send them to with their loads of free products and team jerseys. Honestly the Americans have no interest in sacrificing or committing to any thing that is professional darts. And that is fine, fuck off and do the WDF, BDO stuff and stop moaning about what it cost to travel and the poor prize money. Moaning bunch of fucks that have no clue about the sacrifices that thousands of recreational and semi professional and even professional participants make in order to compete on the international level.

wow if that doesn't get me on the old Fartoid bull shit o meter I don't know more what I can do. I could ask Hutchy and Sin to take me under their wings and mentor me.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:15 am

I meant you are american, and play darts even if you dont have time for those running it, and most of those playing it in your own country.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:26 am

Justin Credible wrote:I meant you are american, and play darts even if you dont have time for those running it, and most of those playing it in your own country.
lol either way Fuck 'em gave me a chance to rant and have a laugh.
I will admit my local league is the shit, they get that darts is a night out for a bit of competitive fun and a piss up. They do an excellent job delivering the goods for the members. And they should as the board members are fucking paid so they better work and deliver. They also offer a few more serious competitions for those that go in for that. They also work with the other local leagues to deliver events, fund raisers, etc.
We Desire Information.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:01 pm

Sickening mushrooming from Lord Mitchell. The only surprise being that he doesn't mention the PDC's budget.

Darts: Mitchell happy to sacrifice personal glory for the greater good
http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/ ... ater_good/

SCOTT Mitchell fell victim to some forbidding scheduling at last weekend's Isle of Man Open – but insisted he was "happy to take one for the team" in the BDO's fight for maximum publicity.

Bransgore's Mitchell progressed to the last-four of the lower ranked Isle of Man Classic, which was contested alongside the prestigious Open.

His sparkling run in the former event, however, which saw him reel off six victories before being pipped 6-5 by eventual champion Jamie Hughes in the semi-finals, came at a price.

Within five minutes of his adrenaline fuelled clash with Hughes, Mitchell was slugging it out in the early rounds of the more lucrative tournament.

The crammed schedule came at the behest of television channel FrontRunner, which broadcast both events.

Mitchell told the Daily Echo: "I played Jamie, then walked straight off stage to play in the last-32 of the Open against Scott Dockerty.

"Having played brilliantly on stage I came off and didn’t play well at all, it just didn’t happen for me and I lost 4-2.

"I literally had less than five minutes to prepare. I had six practice darts, the whole draw was being held up by me.

"I was feeling guilty about that.

"This is the first time TV has been available for both days and it’s something we really wanted to happen, so we all had to make sacrifices – and it was a big sacrifice.

"But I’m quite happy that I played well enough that I put myself in that situation for it to be a problem. I’d have taken that beforehand.

"The bottom line is, you have to take one for the team and if it ends up that we are on television a little bit more and on a new station, then you have to go with that."

Mitchell, also a semi-finalist at last month's Dutch Open and now preparing for this weekend's Hal Open in Holland, is expecting the Isle of Man organisers to tweak proceedings next year.

Nevertheless, he doesn't want that to happen at the cost of the jeopardy he believes makes BDO competitions so attractive.

"The schedules will be changed next time," said Mitchell.

"We’ve all learned a lot from it but we love our BDO darts and everybody likes to watch it on telly, because nobody knows who is going to win – least of all us.

"But the more TV coverage we can get, the better. Sometimes that will require a little compromise."

Mitchell collected 16 world ranking points for his run in the Classic, and only two fewer as reward for reaching the last 32 of the Open.

The 2015 world champion also revealed he is due to visit a consultant to finalise plans for treatment on the torn meniscus in his right knee.

The 46-year-old had been hoping the injury would heal naturally but he could be forced to go under the knife.
not a girl

The Shank

Post by The Shank » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:05 pm

He'd do better in losing some of that blubber he's carrying, take some of that strain off his knee.

Robert Ross

Post by Robert Ross » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:08 pm

The Shank wrote:He'd do better in losing some of that blubber he's carrying, take some of that strain off his knee.
From another thread:
The Shank wrote: Racist and homophobic.

Post reported.
Well well.

The Shank

Post by The Shank » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:09 pm

Bob Ross wrote:
The Shank wrote:He'd do better in losing some of that blubber he's carrying, take some of that strain off his knee.
From another thread:

Post reported.
Well well.
Your point?

Robert Ross

Post by Robert Ross » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:12 pm

The Shank wrote:
Bob Ross wrote:
From another thread:

Post reported.
Well well.
Your point?
You've been reading my posts for months now, and still think there's a point?

The Shank

Post by The Shank » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:13 pm

Bob Ross wrote:
The Shank wrote:
Bob Ross wrote:
From another thread:

Post reported.
Well well.
Your point?
I'm living in hope.

Robert Ross

Post by Robert Ross » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:16 pm

The Shank wrote:
Bob Ross wrote:
The Shank wrote:
Bob Ross wrote:
From another thread:

Post reported.
Well well.
Your point?
I'm living in hope.
That's not hope, that's stupidity.

Don't bother, I'll report it myself. :D

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:38 pm

http://www.inverurieherald.co.uk/sport/ ... -1-4392069

and of course the weekly non story ranting of the fat self groping pig farmer

Robert Ross

Post by Robert Ross » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:05 pm

Justin Credible wrote:http://www.inverurieherald.co.uk/sport/ ... -1-4392069

and of course the weekly non story ranting of the fat self groping pig farmer

According to the article, the pig farmer has a torn meniscus. How could that have happened, I wonder.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:41 pm

Probably got it whilst running to the grilled chicken and salad outlet for his dinner.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:03 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:Probably got it whilst running to the grilled chicken and salad outlet for his dinner.

yep can picture him running...the picture of health

Hutchy72

Post by Hutchy72 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:38 pm

Justin Credible wrote:
The Ginge Reaper wrote:Probably got it whilst running to the grilled chicken and salad outlet for his dinner.

yep can picture him running...the picture of health
The mincing fat tub of shite would be out of breath running ...a fuckin bath.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:47 pm

We Desire Information.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:18 pm

Selecta golden boy Sam Hewson's brother Rob wants a proper go at the PDC tour. Seems Sam has packed in Darts For All because of the expense but but but.

http://www.louthleader.co.uk/sport/more ... -1-7863860
Robbie is following the same path as his older brother Sam (24) who spent two years on the rival BDO tour before financial pressures forced him to quit.
not a girl

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:19 pm

Speaking of Louth, Im off there for a wedding (as a guest) in July. Fucking Lincolnshire!!!!!!
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016