Darts articles in the Media thread

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
James Harrogate

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by James Harrogate » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:43 am

https://dartsmad.com/interviews/dartsma ... sod-debut/

Really excited to see Dave mixing it up with the PDC-boys.

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:01 am

James Harrogate wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:43 am https://dartsmad.com/interviews/dartsma ... sod-debut/

Wonder if Parletti will have an PDC epiphany like ol' Wartless did when he played the Grand Slam 2 years back.
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:29 pm

Fiss Plaps wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:01 am
James Harrogate wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:43 am https://dartsmad.com/interviews/dartsma ... sod-debut/

Wonder if Parletti will have an PDC epiphany like ol' Wartless did when he played the Grand Slam 2 years back.
Parletti is 36 according to wiki. No I don't care either but I assumed he was younger. He's an age that all the old mushroom bastards which they were but he's no kid.

Meanwhile, Hinges was 33 when he won the Grand Slam.
not a girl

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:47 pm

I thought Parletti was younger as well. I had him down as late 20s or early 30s.

Still the best youth prospect the BDO have had since McGeeney.
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:09 pm
Randall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm Dulla has never faced anything like Taylor in top gear.
Maybe he could have dragged Taylor down, we will never know.

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:53 am

Rogg wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:34 pm Has Glen had a stroke? A fine piece of work: https://asumetech.com/duzza-will-not-pa ... -of-death/
“You’re under no circumstances heading to get an uncomplicated attract in the Grand Slam in any case but that opening match in opposition to Michael is likely to be massive for me.

“Now that I know who I will be participating in, I’m itching to get back on the observe board tonight and start out making ready for my video games mentally.

“It is really a good opposition, I have beloved every single moment I have played in the Grand Slam and if I experience anything like the significant I acquired at the Entire world Matchplay then it will be an astounding emotion.

“In the PDC you working experience the big disappointment of shedding to Ricky Evans in the European Championship and by the time you happen to be on the plane household you have bought the Grand Slam to glance ahead to.

“I’m about the moon to be enjoying at the Grand Slam and I will be very pleased to signify the BDO as their environment champion for a single previous time.”
Those German lessons must be coming along nicely.
Michael "Bully Boy" Smith REIGNING Shanghai Darts Master

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:55 am

dartsweekly wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:47 am NEW PODCAST! The Weekly Dartscast Episode 129 with Paul Nicholson, Corrine Hammond, European Championship and World Masters Reviews, World Series Finals Preview and more

Corrine Hammond was a good listen, down to earth and realistic with where the women's game (and her own) is at, not just demanding "equal pay" like most women do whenever given a platform.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:48 pm

Slap squad klaxon. I can't get anything to click on but enjoyed this:

Martijn Kleermaker: ''World Masters was great catastrophe by BDO president"

https://www.dartfreakz.nl/blog/wdfbdo-h ... oorzitter/
not a girl

dartsweekly

Post by dartsweekly » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:42 am

NEW PODCAST! The Weekly Dartscast Episode 131 with Wayne Mardle, Mike Warburton, Grand Slam Review, Players Championship Finals Preview and more

Sprocket501

Post by Sprocket501 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:47 am

dartsweekly wrote:NEW PODCAST! The Weekly Dartscast Episode 131 with Wayne Mardle, Mike Warburton, Grand Slam Review, Players Championship Finals Preview and more

Fuck off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mad jock

Post by mad jock » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:53 am

Sprocket501 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:47 am
dartsweekly wrote:NEW PODCAST! The Weekly Dartscast Episode 131 with Wayne Mardle, Mike Warburton, Grand Slam Review, Players Championship Finals Preview and more

Fuck off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Torture on the ears..

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:03 pm

We'll have to bear the story of the day that cunt has beaten MvG forever now.... However, he's such a clown that he manage to lose against Steve West

https://www.sportvideos.tv/wayne-mardle ... tham-2019/Image

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:34 pm

Its 2008 all over again

dartsweekly

Post by dartsweekly » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:57 am

NEW PODCAST! The Weekly Dartscast Episode 133 with Justin Pipe, James Richardson, Nitin Kumar, PDC World Championship Preview and more

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:59 am

The big issues of the week, there.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:31 am

Lol would you expect anything more? Have these useless twats figured out how to get decent audio from a phone call yet? Over 100 fucking episodes and they still sound like two children in the backyard with 2 tin cans on the end of string.....no I lie the string cans sounds better.

Do some fucking post production on the show. Sounds like you just dump the raw audio into one big file and post it.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:42 pm

I like and appreciate their show, it's not perfect by any means and yes some post production and sound quality control would improve it but it's the best available regular darts podcast that I am aware of so glad to have it nonetheless.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:46 pm

SuperSwede wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:42 pm I like and appreciate their show, it's not perfect by any means and yes some post production and sound quality control would improve it but it's the best available regular darts podcast that I am aware of so glad to have it nonetheless.
When you have two darts organisation on the go, one of which is imploding this week and the "best available regular darts podcast" chooses to absolutely ignore it......
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:47 pm

SuperSwede wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:42 pm I like and appreciate their show, it's not perfect by any means and yes some post production and sound quality control would improve it but it's the best available regular darts podcast that I am aware of so glad to have it nonetheless.
not surprised because darts fans will settle for some right pile of dog shit just because it has something to do with darts.
heard around the swedes dinner table: best regular dog shit available please pass me some more.
We Desire Information.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:54 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:46 pm
When you have two darts organisation on the go, one of which is imploding this week and the "best available regular darts podcast" chooses to absolutely ignore it......
Ginge makes a point, but I wouldn't be so harsh as he, it happened pretty recently maybe just maybe the hosts didn't have time to do any research or follow up on the story and want to get their ducks in a row :pointing: :pointing: :pointing: Surely I jest as that would mean someone would have to actually get off their ass and do some work instead of just thinking up some shitty opinion based on no effort.

most likely they didn't have time to get one of those scratchy connections to do an interview with. One of the people they should be talking to is Little Richard, has the history and connections to offer a reasonable opinion. And more than likely was a catalyst in the WDF push to do majors, points, and a Championship.
We Desire Information.

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:04 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:46 pm
I'd imagine it makes more sense to talk about the biggest event in the sport (probably what 90%+ of their listeners want to hear) than the current muddy waters of the BDO situation, that's if they or any potential guest even felt on solid ground speaking publicly and on record about the situation until there is some clear and definite outcome from the news of the last day or two.

And... you guys spend half your time laughing and disregarding the BDO as "irrelevant" and then moan because it's not given attention?