Darts articles in the Media thread

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Randall
Site Admin

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Randall » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:59 am

Heard harms was approached
What a waste of time

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:55 pm

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:00 pm

Behave, he is 64 and falling to bits. He actually has a point.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:19 pm

Doesn't really wash for the last 30 years in hiding.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:20 pm

Well no, but it does wash at the age of 64.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:38 pm

Wolfie was travelling around Europe chasing ranking points only 18 months ago - https://www.dartsdatabase.co.uk/PlayerD ... yerKey=167

Granted, he's made the best decision for his health. But I'd wager he'd still be travelling on a regular basis if the BDO/WDF were running events.
HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:25 am I will debate with anybody on here without becoming indignant and self righteous. I certainly never get angry.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:50 pm

Behave, there isnt much on there since the start of 2019 ffs. Ignoring the UK (which the Isle of Man is arguably part of)...

- A trip to the Dutch Open (which everyone has to do as its the biggest event on that side of darts)
- Two events in the same weekend in Germany
- Belgian Open
- Another trip to Belgium the month afterwards
- Two events in the same weekend in italy he has to do due to his sponsorship with Finder

Hardly Judith fucking Chalmers is he?

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:54 pm

Fuck me, I am defending Martin Adams. This truly is the end of days.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:03 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:54 pm Fuck me, I am defending Martin Adams. This truly is the end of days.
Have a word with yourself ffs

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:10 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:54 pm Fuck me, I am defending Martin Adams. This truly is the end of days.
:lol:

TopLad180

Post by TopLad180 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:41 pm

The bitterness that comes out about BDO players who didn't want to switch for the PDC for whatever reason always fascinates me. It's unparalleled in any other sport.

Nobody would ever call a footballer who decided to go to China for double the money he could get in Europe a bottler. Ditto for the champion in the secondary MMA organisations, or golfers who clean up titles on the European Tour.

I can only imagine it's because he has more titles than a lot of the legendary alcoholics in the 80s, but he's a better player than all of them anyway so who cares if he padded his record with a few wins in weak fields?

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:48 pm

tungsten tossers wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:10 pm
:lol:
A new low for the forum

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:50 pm

Randall wrote:
tungsten tossers wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:10 pm
A new low for the forum
No, that was the moment somebody started "The Wanking Thread"

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:59 pm

TopLad180 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:41 pm The bitterness that comes out about BDO players who didn't want to switch for the PDC for whatever reason always fascinates me. It's unparalleled in any other sport.

Nobody would ever call a footballer who decided to go to China for double the money he could get in Europe a bottler. Ditto for the champion in the secondary MMA organisations, or golfers who clean up titles on the European Tour.

I can only imagine it's because he has more titles than a lot of the legendary alcoholics in the 80s, but he's a better player than all of them anyway so who cares if he padded his record with a few wins in weak fields?
Really?
HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:25 am I will debate with anybody on here without becoming indignant and self righteous. I certainly never get angry.

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:07 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:50 pm Behave, there isnt much on there since the start of 2019 ffs. Ignoring the UK (which the Isle of Man is arguably part of)...

- A trip to the Dutch Open (which everyone has to do as its the biggest event on that side of darts)
- Two events in the same weekend in Germany
- Belgian Open
- Another trip to Belgium the month afterwards
- Two events in the same weekend in italy he has to do due to his sponsorship with Finder

Hardly Judith fucking Chalmers is he?
If you count it up, he actually travelled to European events between November 2018 and November 2019 the same amount of times as he did in 2001.

I agree that the PDC schedule would be too much for him at his age. But I think he'd still be travelling as normal without the pandemic and the BDO's collapse.

TopLad180

Post by TopLad180 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:17 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:59 pm
TopLad180 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:41 pm The bitterness that comes out about BDO players who didn't want to switch for the PDC for whatever reason always fascinates me. It's unparalleled in any other sport.

Really?
Look at the Bellator champions now. How many of them would be favoured to beat the UFC champion in that division?

Yet I'd imagine they're all getting good money from Viacom, more than they would get for being the fifth or sixth best fighter in that division in the UFC. Quite a few of the fighters moved to Bellator from the UFC because they got offered more money to be a big fish in a smaller pond.

Ultimately, they understand that the sensible play is making more money for easier fights.

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:25 pm

TopLad180 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:17 pm Look at the Bellator champions now. How many of them would be favoured to beat the UFC champion in that division?

Yet I'd imagine they're all getting good money from Viacom, more than they would get for being the fifth or sixth best fighter in that division in the UFC. Quite a few of the fighters moved to Bellator from the UFC because they got offered more money to be a big fish in a smaller pond.

Ultimately, they understand that the sensible play is making more money for easier fights.
Nemkov is the best LHW in the world currently imo. Pitbull is top 5 at FW, but would probably get smashed by Volk and Max. The rest are indeed big fish in small ponds, although the quality of its roster is slowly improving.

But your point was that nobody would call the champion in a secondary MMA organisation a bottler. That isn't true, given the nature of the criticisms levied at Askren, Chandler, etc over the years. Even if, as you say, they are simply making wise business decisions.

TopLad180

Post by TopLad180 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:36 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:25 pm
TopLad180 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:17 pm Look at the Bellator champions now. How many of them would be favoured to beat the UFC champion in that division?

Nemkov is the best LHW in the world currently imo. Pitbull is top 5 at FW, but would probably get smashed by Volk and Max. The rest are indeed big fish in small ponds, although the quality of its roster is slowly improving.

But your point was that nobody would call the champion in a secondary MMA organisation a bottler. That isn't true, given the nature of the criticisms levied at Askren, Chandler, etc over the years. Even if, as you say, they are simply making wise business decisions.
Can you provide a single article where anyone suggested that any of those fighters didn't move to the UFC due to being a bottler?

Specifically for those two, Askren let his contract with Bellator expire and the UFC wouldn't sign him and Chandler was never a dominant Bellator champion anyway

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:46 pm

TopLad180 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:36 pm Can you provide a single article where anyone suggested that any of those fighters didn't move to the UFC due to being a bottler?

Specifically for those two, Askren let his contract with Bellator expire and the UFC wouldn't sign him and Chandler was never a dominant Bellator champion anyway
Jack Slack - MMA analyst - was barking up that tree with Chandler for years. Claiming he was scared to leave Bellator because of the UFC's drug testing and stronger competition.

For example:

Sherdog thread about Askren from 2014 - https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/i-th ... c.2848041/

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:48 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:01 pm
oche balboa wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:53 pm Good to see darting podcast give a voice to the lesser known, Raise their profile
Contrarian klaxon.
Whoa steady on that’s my job.
I just want to say that it’s great to have those two guests on the podcast. I’m sure the listening figures will go through the roof.
‘For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and everyone who humbles himself will be exalted’