Darts articles in the Media thread

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
thegentle

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by thegentle » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:23 am

Captain Hobo wrote:It's not all bad news for John. Rumour has it that his mural photo will be updated this year, and now take up 2 walls. :D

I think his fluky run to the UK Open Quarters has deluded him into thinking he can still compete. When in reality outside of a couple of International Qualifiers and the women, he won't be any chance of winning a game.
Can Part qualify via the North American qualifier (as in the one around the same time as the World Series qualifiers)? If so, that's looking like his most likely shot, in which case he'd have to play a ProTour qualifier. Go on John, draw Kirk Shepherd again for old time's sake!

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:32 am

thegentle wrote:
Captain Hobo wrote:It's not all bad news for John. Rumour has it that his mural photo will be updated this year, and now take up 2 walls. :D

I think his fluky run to the UK Open Quarters has deluded him into thinking he can still compete. When in reality outside of a couple of International Qualifiers and the women, he won't be any chance of winning a game.
Can Part qualify via the North American qualifier (as in the one around the same time as the World Series qualifiers)? If so, that's looking like his most likely shot, in which case he'd have to play a ProTour qualifier. Go on John, draw Kirk Shepherd again for old time's sake!
Played last year, failed to even make the top 8. Part can get fucked for all I care, played shit all year so wouldn't like to see him at Ally Pally. Hoping someone new and decent makes through, either Gates, Puleo or Sayre would be fine I think
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:12 pm

The hate is strong with this one, turn to the dark side my son.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

Potter's Lake

Post by Potter's Lake » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:39 pm

Randall wrote:Forgot about him getting his panties bunched about his poster.
Seems like an affable and funny guy, seems an odd reaction from him.
All winners have a selfish, arrogant streak about them, seems his UK Open run/amble has reawoken that in him. He was your typical jolly fat Canuck until then.

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:17 pm

To be honest, as long as it doesn't seep into his TV commentary I don't really care. But if the next Worlds is spent with him voicing bitchy asides about his own non-participation for two weeks...

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:40 am

"There's some good points to be picked up".

https://dartsnews.com/hamilton-proved-h ... ed-myself/
They're all here!

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:51 am

Air miles?

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:19 am

Didn't even know WE'd lost. There was nothing on the BBC about the pinnacle, bizarrely. Tremendous. Good old Willem.

England's Scott Mitchell defeated in Six Nations semi-final shootout
http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/ ... um=twitter
BRANSGORE’S Scott Mitchell suffered final-leg heartache as England were beaten by the finest of margins in the semi-finals of the Six Nations Cup.

The Dorset county star and national team captain stepped up to the oche against Netherlands thrower Willem Mandigers in the five-man team event, with the scores delicately poised at 12-12 in the race to 13.

Despite winning the throw for the bull, the 48-year-old missed out as the Dutchman rattled off a 14-dart leg to send home England and prevent them claiming a fifth straight title.

The Netherlands went on to overcome Northern Ireland 13-11 in the final at Bunn Leisure Selsey.

Assessing the one-leg shootout, Scotty Dog told the Daily Echo: “I was the captain and it was time to stand up and accept that responsibility, it just didn’t quite happen this time. I just couldn’t hit a treble 20. They were nicely-thrown darts and I wasn’t nervous.

“Even if I hadn’t been drawn out last, I’d have wanted to do it. I wouldn’t have wanted anyone else to do what I would expect to do as captain.

“The Dutch went on to win it all and I felt we would have done that, had we won that game. We had won it for the past four years and our plan is to make sure we get it back next year.”
not a girl

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:38 pm

Imagine If they had to play the real best Dutch players Not that shower of shit.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:11 am

Oh my.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/ ... king-tour/

HISTORY-maker Scott Mitchell plans to take his BDO Gold Cup trophy to iconic Dorset venues over the next 12 months.
---

The former Lakeside world champion told the Daily Echo: “When I have a morning spare I might have a drive round and take a few selfies with it in some iconic places in Dorset.

“I think it will be a fun thing to do on Twitter, to take it to a few local landmarks. It’s a little marketing ploy I have going in my head.

“It’s got to go to Bournemouth at some point to see the pier and I’d love to take it to Wimborne Road – that would be really cool.

“I am sure at the first county home game of next season it will be there. It is a massive trophy.

“I know all about it and its past winners. To be part of that club as well as being part of the Lakeside winners’ club is very special."

---

“It’s a unique competition because every county sends representatives. It’s not like people can just go, pay their money and play,” he added.

“You have to qualify from your own county. Every county has qualifiers and I had to go to Branksome and Upper Parkstone Conservative Club and start the journey four weeks ago to get there.

“It’s a real team effort and it’s not about me. It’s about the Dorset team and my team-mates.

“They supported me and kept me going – every time I had a bad throw or a bad leg they were behind me cheering me on.”
not a girl

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:25 am

Jesus fuck!!!
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:50 am

For the love of god

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:06 am

Lol nice find. Mitchell is a fucking stupid deluded cunt. Marketing? Acting like he has some unique idea. He really doesn't get out much. Basically he won a county championship, who gives a fuck? Can't wait to see who he hash tags to legitimize this title. But above all else remember it isn't all about "me" even tho everything I do says it is about me.
We Desire Information.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:07 am

Lets not forget "pinnacle" of the game is county darts.
We Desire Information.

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:05 pm

Unless the BDO Gold Cup is a cup made of actual gold, interest might be limited even among his county darts mates.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:08 pm

If he paraded it in my garden is draw the curtains.
And call the police

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:14 pm

Wonders if this "Trophy" will make an appearance at a Premier League venue? Darts Premier League
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:17 pm

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2018/07/03/dart ... -glass-eye

An amusing read, and a tweet in response from Mr. Caven

Jamie Caven@jabba180
Replying to @OfficialPDC
And before anybody suggests it..... the answer is no!
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:47 pm

Zeyes wrote:Unless the BDO Gold Cup is a cup made of actual gold, interest might be limited even among his county darts mates.
I was one match away from qualifying for finals day of this shite about ten years ago and yes, no-one gave a fuck who even qualified from rural Wiltshire let alone the eventual winner !!!

But we all had a good time back in the day :lol:

Chizzyfan

Post by Chizzyfan » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:17 pm

Mabbsy wrote:
Zeyes wrote:Unless the BDO Gold Cup is a cup made of actual gold, interest might be limited even among his county darts mates.
I was one match away from qualifying for finals day of this shite about ten years ago and yes, no-one gave a fuck who even qualified from rural Wiltshire let alone the eventual winner !!!

But we all had a good time back in the day :lol:
Choked like Baxter?