Darts articles in the Media thread

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Randall
Site Admin

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Randall » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:37 am

Love affair will soon be over when he fucks the bdo off in a few years.

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:14 am

The way he's gushing, I bet Des already has pound signs in his eyes thinking that the kid is going to lead the BDO's resurgence to prominence.

Something else I found interesting:
‘He’s from Lincolnshire, his father used to play county for me ...

‘At 11 years old I put him in my county team ...
Don't think many other county chairmen would be using those words. Wonder how long it'll be until he refers to the travel club crowd as "my players", too?

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:57 pm

Fuck me, another day and ANOTHER article!

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/30/winmau-s ... n-8413856/
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

StevieBoy

Post by StevieBoy » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:05 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:57 pm Fuck me, another day and ANOTHER article!

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/30/winmau-s ... n-8413856/
This was a good one:-

'However, McGeeney went to PDC Q School and won a Tour Card, which would prohibit him from playing in any live streamed BDO events if he intends to take up the Tour Card'.

If he intends to take up a tour card!

who writes this crap?

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:18 am

He's back! He did promise 'PDC stuff'...

2019 Premier League Darts preview: Contenders will spice up Van Gerwen cakewalk

https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/07/2019-pre ... k-8451234/
not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:12 am

Darts Premier League returns 15 years after Kings Hall debut
https://staffslive.co.uk/2019/02/darts- ... all-debut/
Premier League darts returned to our television screens on Thursday evening, but what many people do not know is that the inaugural event was held at Stoke-on-Trent’s Kings Hall back in 2005.
not a girl

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:45 am

14 years, then.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:59 am

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:45 am 14 years, then.
Somewhat retarded. 15th edition maybe... I think the writer of that is the guy who does BDO social media. No comment.
not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:02 pm

No-one has the mental strength for a 2020 Q-School Watch thread in February so I'll do it in here. Nick Kenny. Remember him? Nope.
https://dartsplanet.tv/kenny-aims-for-lakeside-return/
A Civil servant by trade, Kenny is aiming for a Lakeside return where he will be hoping to win his first game at the tournament, “I know I can get there as I’ve done it before, I know I’ve got the game to beat anyone, my wins on the PDC development tour proved that, it’s now about enjoying the game again and the results will come, which I am”

This may be Kenny’s final year with the BDO as he has his arrows towards Q School next year. He told Darts Planet Tv exclusively, “I didn’t want to go this year as I feel I have unfinished business in the BDO, plus as welsh vice-captain I’ve always dreamt of playing for my country at a world cup, I have the opportunity to do that this year in Romania, after that and Lakeside, I will try to secure a tour card”.
not a girl

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:57 pm

Rogg wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:02 pm No-one has the mental strength for a 2020 Q-School Watch thread in February so I'll do it in here. Nick Kenny. Remember him? Nope.
https://dartsplanet.tv/kenny-aims-for-lakeside-return/
A Civil servant by trade, Kenny is aiming for a Lakeshite return where he will be hoping to win his first game at the tournament, “I know I can get there as I’ve done it before, I know I’ve got the game to beat anyone, my wins on the PDC development tour proved that, it’s now about enjoying the game again and the results will come, which I am”

This may be Kenny’s final year with the BDO as he has his arrows towards Q School next year. He told Darts Planet Tv exclusively, “I didn’t want to go this year as I feel I have unfinished business in the BDO, plus as welsh vice-captain I’ve always dreamt of playing for my country at a world cup, I have the opportunity to do that this year in Romania, after that and Lakeshite, I will try to secure a tour card”.
'Lakeside' lol
What's the story with Nick Kenny, was he ever particularly hyped at any stage? Seems to be another Dean Reynolds who's lost whatever promise he had by stagnating in the BDO

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:55 am

thegentle wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:57 pm What's the story with Nick Kenny, was he ever particularly hyped at any stage? Seems to be another Dean Reynolds who's lost whatever promise he had by stagnating in the BDO
I think the better comparison than Reynolds might be Bradley Kirk. All three promising young guys who decided to try to improve themselves by playing more BDO instead of PDC at some point and have paid for it, but arguably only Reynolds looked fully tour card-ready when he made that fateful decision.

I can't remember if Kenny was ever truly hyped outside the Welsh fan contingent. Probably not. Turns 26 next month - that's not especially young in PDC terms anymore, it feels like. Especially if he ends up needing a few more years on the CT, something he could have had for the last few seasons already.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:48 pm

James Wade ‘disappointed’ with ‘nonsensical’ Gerwyn Price comments after Premier League Darts clash
https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/21/james-wa ... h-8707796/
‘It’s one of the few times I’m going to say I’m a little bit disappointed in Gerwyn saying he didn’t play well and he didn’t do this and he didn’t do that,’ Wade told Live Darts.

‘It’s probably the best Premier League game he’s played, and he played well, in my opinion, on the legs that he won.

‘I’m kind of happy with a draw, I’m sure on his winning legs he was bloody good.

‘It’s a little bit nonsensical for Gerwyn to make a comment like that, saying he played rubbish, because I don’t think he did, to be fair.

‘I didn’t play well, it was an average game and quite an equal game.’
hoofing his own 104 average under the bus after all that, brilliant.
not a girl

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:04 pm

Tool.

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:09 pm

https://www.live-darts.com/category/dar ... -20190226/
Says it's been bugging him for 6 weeks, maybe this is why Smith has got off to an underwhelming start this year?

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:26 am

Rogg wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:48 pm James Wade ‘disappointed’ with ‘nonsensical’ Gerwyn Price comments after Premier League Darts clash
https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/21/james-wa ... h-8707796/
‘It’s one of the few times I’m going to say I’m a little bit disappointed in Gerwyn saying he didn’t play well and he didn’t do this and he didn’t do that,’ Wade told Live Darts.

‘It’s probably the best Premier League game he’s played, and he played well, in my opinion, on the legs that he won.

‘I’m kind of happy with a draw, I’m sure on his winning legs he was bloody good.

‘It’s a little bit nonsensical for Gerwyn to make a comment like that, saying he played rubbish, because I don’t think he did, to be fair.

‘I didn’t play well, it was an average game and quite an equal game.’
hoofing his own 104 average under the bus after all that, brilliant.
What the Metro said is irrelative , he actually called Price a paedophile

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:44 pm

Harms interview: https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/28/wesley-h ... e-8784840/
A number of the top BDO players made the switch to the PDC this year, but despite his impressive form of late, Harms had no interest in joining the exodus.

‘I wasn’t bothered at all about Q School, I like how I’ve got it now,’ said the 34-year-old. ‘We’re all friends we travel together, we do everything together, I like that, I like to be a person, not a number. ‘If you read things about moving over and start thinking about it, it’s nice to try but they’re all coming back depressed. So why try? I’ve already had one depression I don’t need another one.’
Rather strange take on Q-School but it confirms he wants to be the Dutch Wolfie.
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:53 pm

Fiss Plaps wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:44 pm Harms interview: https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/28/wesley-h ... e-8784840/
A number of the top BDO players made the switch to the PDC this year, but despite his impressive form of late, Harms had no interest in joining the exodus. ‘I wasn’t bothered at all about Q School, I like how I’ve got it now,’ said the 34-year-old. ‘We’re all friends we travel together, we do everything together, I like that, I like to be a person, not a number. ‘If you read things about moving over and start thinking about it, it’s nice to try but they’re all coming back depressed. So why try? I’ve already had one depression I don’t need another one.’
Rather strange take on Q-School but it confirms he wants to be the Dutch Wolfie.
Accepts he just aint good enough and hopes to take advantage of the exodus
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:11 pm

They all all coming back depressed?

Bollocks

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:38 pm

Fiss Plaps wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:44 pm Harms interview: https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/28/wesley-h ... e-8784840/

(...)

And will end up as the Dutch Fitton, wondering where it all went wrong.

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:17 pm

I think they are coming back depressed.

Think about what they are coming back to.
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:09 pm
Randall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm Dulla has never faced anything like Taylor in top gear.
Maybe he could have dragged Taylor down, we will never know.